Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mama Rash earns her stripes. Blowout at 70...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Sep 1, 2007.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Man, That was fun... :eek:

Mama RASH and I were heading back from a BBQ at Kerkers and the right front tire started coming apart at 70 mph on I-44.

I was in the passenger seat and we were talking about how much better the car was doing since the drivetrain mods I did before the drags.

The thing started shaking bad. I wrote it off to Oklahoma roads. It quickly escalated until the shaking was so bad the lower piece of trim from the passenger side bug catcher flew up over the car, something else shot out the side. Something shiney. Then it was on. Shit flying everywhere and then an actual explosion.

Just prior to the explosion she looked at me and asked what was happening. I just told her we were losing a tire and to get off the road as soon as possible.

She did too. She didn't even flinch. She kept the car straight all the way through til we were off the road. Then brought it to an easy stop.

I always wondered how she would do in such a situation. Now I wonder if I would do as well.

Big thanks to Bulletproof1 for coming to our rescue and carting me to the house and back for a spare...

Unfortunately the car suffered a little damage, I guess from the flapping tire. As mentioned, it was beating the front valance so bad it tore it up a little, as well as knocking a pice of trim and a headlight loose. That fender is crap anyway...

[​IMG]

It also bashed the fender up just behind the wheel...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scrape

scrape

sounds like she did a better job then most men... haha....
    the tire didnt do any body damage did it???

3. Anderson

Anderson

Tracy is hardcore. I know she'd have changed the spare on her own too. Glad nothing major happened!

4. Kustm52

Kustm52

Could have been a lot worst. Do you have a spare piece of trim? I may have one if you need it..

Brian

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Yeah, it caused a bit of damage. No biggy.

I was just looking at it some more and I guess a hunk of rubber was flung up at the turn signal, light bucket area. The signal housing is squished and the lense broken in two places. Even the Stainless trim is screwed up and the fender just between the headlight and turnsignal is mangled.

We do have a spare piece of trim, another fender, another valance, another headlight bucket AND another turnsignal housing. All I don't have is a spare lense but now I need two cuz the other side was already cracked.

6. jerry

jerry

See what you get for driving Mama's car to the drags!

So glad it was only material damage! Don't want to see either of you get huet/

jerry

7. Man! Tracy looks REALLY GOOD for 70!:p

Reverend Jake

8. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Tracy is one of a kind, a very special lady, who apparently can DRIVE - in addition to her other talents!! (Like putting up with you)

I'm glad everything turned out okay.

J.

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

could of been alot worse, on you and the car.

10. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

You make her get out and change the tire? lol

11. Rusty

Rusty

You Go Girl!!!!

12. You were riding bitch.!

13. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

At least I don't shave my legs...:D

It's her car. I keep telling people that...

14. But did you leave the Daisy on the dash?

15. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Spit out my soda on that one.

16. Nik

Nik

Glad to hear she passed the test with flying colors.

Nik

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

I agree !!!

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

All that good drivin', and she's freakin' hot!

Glad ya'll are okay and the car is fixable. And I get the same shit when Angie drives here '58, so yer not alone there.

19. If she doesn't have a car for the drags already, she needs one. If she can handle that at 70 on the freeway surely she can run the quarter. Besides, chicks racing cars is friggin hot... chicks racing in old steel is even hotter. Hot chicks in old cars...ouch.

20. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

I thought you were driving when you left Kerkers? A little Burt Reynolds/Sally Fields Smokey and the Bandit seat switchin? Just glad ya'll are okay. Let me know if you need any help with repairs.

21. damn! glad the Rash's are ok....that Mama Rash is tuff as nails.

22. Nelly

Nelly

I never experienced a blow out. It must have been scarey(sp?) seeing car parts come flying up at you. Glad everyone is OK.

23. Terry

Terry

Glad your both OK! That can be one airy experience!

I'm just wondering though... The tire reached way out to do that kinda damage to the front, you don't think maybe what hit the grill and headlights is what caused the blow-out?

Let me know if you need me to look around for a replacement trim piece.

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

All she needs is a roll bar and a helmet. And an FED.

25. You guys were lucky, thank goodness everything is fixable, take care, Rags

26. bigken

bigken

Damn, glad things are fine, now. Tell her we said congrats on the smooth landing.

27. BELLM

BELLM

Tread peeling off a tire slapping @any speed wreaks havoc with sheetmetal, especially @ 70 mph.If you have collision coverage on your insurance it covers the damage, but of course not the tire.

I think we are going to see more and more chicks in cool cars. Cindy is buying Billy's red '55 Nomad. If you've been to Thirsty Thursday or gone on Reggie's garage crawl @ Lonestar Roundup in past years, it is the one just inside his garage under the car cover. Just what I need, another project. But this one will get finished since its the bosses car!!:)

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

I am over cautious on this type of stuff. I constantly change tires prematurely. I lost a trailer tire one time in Red Oak, Arkansas on a Sunday. Guess what that cost me? I had no spare.......and I had the 56 wagon on the trailer. It was the voyage home after I bought the car originally.

I bought 5 tires when I got home and it was cheaper than the one I had to pay for.

29. front tire is easier to control at speed the rear can really get you sideways. glad all is good
    "earning her stripes" are you referring to the stains in the underwear?

30. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Holy Crap!!! At least it looks like the wheel survived ok?