Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir Slicks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MENACE, Aug 18, 2007.

1. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Are ther any aliance vendors that deal with radir its time to order my tires:confused:

2. Glen

Glen

the whitewall Radir's? Coker sells that same tire and they are an alliance vendor.

3. Muttley

Muttley

4. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

buy them direct, but don't expect them soon, i've been waiting for 8 weeks for my 8.20-15. when you call they give you some dumb excuse for why they don't have them.

5. Kurt

Kurt

What are your plans for them? You may want to check out my post i started about them.

6. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I love Coker Tire dearly, and buy every tire I need directly from them. Great people. Great products. BUT - the cheaters they sell, just don't look right - kinda pudgy, more rolled edges than the square shoulders the Radirs have. Sorry guys. The Radir slicks I bought last year took forever to get -somewhere around ten months from order to reciept, but well worth the wait. I think Mickey Thompson makes them for them, and M/T bought out last year I heard. I think they run 'em when they feel like it or however management dictates at M/T. They may sound like stories to you, but they were good to me, and kept any promise they made me - however slowly. :)

7. gas pumper

gas pumper

i'm sorry to hear the Radir company isn't customer freindly. I've run into the owner at a couple of functions and he's a real car guy. You ought to see his home shop! He's a collector of STUFF.

But anyway, I was looking around the H.A.M.B. and saw the add for these guys:http://www.hurstracingtires.com/index.html

This looks like nice stuff, too. Seems like you can have them on your casings or buy casings from them.

Frank

8. yekoms

yekoms

Pan Dragger, What was the excuse that they gave you?

Smokey

9. Dahlhjelm

Dahlhjelm

This doesnt sound very well.. :/

Im about one month away from ordering a pair of 8.20 15" ww's.
    I dont want to buy coker's firestone's or hursts cuz they dont look as angry as the radir's. And if it took 10 months or so for you to get them, what about me? livin on the other side of the pool doesnt make it go faster..

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Frankly, I think the Radir tires look silly... Cartoonish or something.

The best way to go is to order a set of bias tires in the appropriate size from Coker and then have Hurst recap them into slicks. That's what I did and the end result is pretty much the perfect tire.

11. pissininthewind

pissininthewind
    from 30.000 ft

radirs are the only way to go. it's a real tire made by M/T from the original mold. I took my hurst slicks off after the cap came loose and put on the radirs. very happy and I got them in half the time I was told. I am pretty sure that Radir is on M/T's schedule and that is the wait.

12. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

I'm sticking up for Radir. They fielded 4-5 phone calls from me before I ordered them and when I did order them they came in about 4 days. They were friendly and helpful even after I backed out of the tri-rib wheels. 8.20's and they look Bitchin!

13. Ol'Sarge

Ol'Sarge

I can't get a set. I have been trying for months and all I get are promises or "we don't ship to APO".

Check this out:
    7/18/2007

We'll see if we can do that for you, and get you some prices hopefully today.
    Kevin Tully
    Owner
    Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle
    59 Factory Rd.
    Addison IL, 60101
    (630)-458-0808
    www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com

Not a word since then.

14. old beet

old beet

Ryan said it best!!! Coker and HURST!!................OLDBEET

15. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Cody at Hurst is a ruler. And he's an Alliance Vendor. I can't say enough about the business I have done with him. I don't like the look of the Radirs either, weird.

As for Ol Sarge dragging Kevin Tully under the bus, I think thats rough.
    My deals with Kevin have always been good. But the trick was to pick up the phone and call him. I initially tried to do the lazy thing and only online it. We got nowhere. Pick up the phone, best service, and got my headers and what not at lightning quick speed. Their front office gal really cracks the whip on those guys and keeps them in line.

16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I learned at an early age not to
    PISSINTHEWIND
    You are liable to get pee all over yourself

17. old beet

old beet

Cody, will you be at the Arlington Drag Strip Reunion? Its on Sat Sept. 8 in Arlington, Wash. Hope to see you there.............OLDBEET

18. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Oh Yeah!
    Will be bringin the little miss too!
    I need to get ahold of Kieth and see about some "INK" work. We will come up Wensday afternoon so get ready for us. Call me when you get a chance.
    XOXO
    Cody&Jen

19. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'll join in on the hurst/cody product and customer service praise, i have 'em on 2 cars and zero complaints....

20. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I've always been a fan of the Radir slicks but i gotta say, the Hurst slicks look great too.

21. pissininthewind

pissininthewind
    from 30.000 ft

That's the service you get when you have a problem; Way to make my point for me. I'll be sure to hang it out there next time I fly over into Portland.