Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fenders Required in NC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mullda, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mullda

Mullda

I just moved from TN to NC and was wondering if they're going to make me put fenders on my Model A? I searched the NCDOT website and could find anything. Can anyone tell me if NC has a fender law?

Thanks,

Denny

2. evilone0528

evilone0528

No.You wont have to put fenders on it.Where in NC are ya?

EVIL

3. starion88esir

starion88esir

It says K-Town so I'm assuming he;s in Kannapolis. As stated fenders aren't required, as long as you have bumpers, you're good.

4. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

When I built a T Bucket there it was titled as a handbuilt car and requires inspection by a State Patrol Trooper to issue a registration. Not a word was said about no fenders. (see pic attached).

When the trooper came back to witness me affix the ID plate to the frame he brought four buddies with him to admire the car.

Attached Files:

5. Mullda

Mullda

Thanks for the replys, guys. That's the news I was hoping to hear! I'm actually in Asheville. I need to update my info. The last several months have been crazy and I haven't been online much.

6. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

It's good to hear some more cool cars are coming to NC, I moved to Raleigh from Seattle (don't ask) and I only see billet rods and muscle cars when I do see anything. With the history of runnin shine and the mild weather I would have figured differently. The cops down here are too busy with other things than to bother you about fenders, I drove my 53 F100 every day for about 2 months without a license plate if that tells you anything.....

7. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

We don't need no stinking fenders.

8. 31whitey

31whitey

just bought a house in wilmington
    will be showing back up for good on sept 30
    3 car garage
    good to hear

9. Yinz guys are going to miss Eat-N-Park for sure. I don't care for the food here much but you learn to deal with it.

Don't worry about fenders, hoods, bumpers or exhaust they are very lienient here.

Welcome to NC!

BloodyKnuckles

10. 31whitey

31whitey

hahaha

Like you know , I was think'n what yunz said was rul funny n'at
    theres like a whole groupe of us down'r n'at building some cool shit n'at
    they aint on the hamb or nuthi'n
    the cool n'at we goona have to meet up with all you'nz(thats plural for yunz,yinz)

11. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

Of course "younz" know the difference between a Yankee and a Damned Yankee dont' you? A Damned Yankee comes to the South and stays. LOL

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Then come by my shop... got no billet, just rolled the '34 I bought from bleed in.... good times...

13. 31whitey

31whitey

I know a super cool gal that tends bar in raleigh
    went to high school with her
    that last post was pittsburghese
    you would not get it unless you have live here, its how some talk(joke)
    looking forward to meeting some traditional guys and gals in NC
    whats up with the 34 from bleed, what happened?

14. Mullda

Mullda

Thanks! We're really liking it here. It's a beautiful state and we have usually vacationed in NC in the past. It sure cut the drive down to the beach!:D

Anyone going to the Shades of the Past run in Pigeon Forge?

15. GoDuke4382

GoDuke4382
    from Durham, NC

I'm (the fng) from Durham, NC.. we go to Pigeon Forge a couple of times a year, but usually manage to miss the good shows. Always hit Floyd Garret's museum, though. When is the show this year?

16. Mullda

Mullda

Its coming up here in a couple of weeks. Sept. 7-8. The Fall Grand Run is the following weekend. I hope we're going to get to at least one of them. My father-in-law was recently diagnosed with lung cancer so we're kind of playing things day-by-day.

17. GoDuke4382

GoDuke4382
    from Durham, NC

Sorry to hear that.. prayers to him, and your family.

Doubt I'd make it up on that short notice anyway. We'll be up there later this winter.

18. Mullda

Mullda

Thanks for the prayers. Nothing works better!

Yeah, it is pretty short notice. I really hope to get over for at least one day. We'll see how it goes. Its only a couple of hours from here though.......

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

Mullda,

I dated a gal from North Carolina once the first time we stop at a hamburger joint she asked for gravy on her french fries. I found this very strange because in California we use catsup on our fries or plain. The waiter looked at me a little funny and brought the gravy. Went through Tennessee on the way to Bristol for the stock car races, staying at this guys house. Its ten o'clock in the evening, so I said lets go hit a bar, sorry the guy says everything closes at ten o'clock.
    We stopped to eat three different times and I ordered hash browns with by breakfast, sorry no hash brown's grits only. It's like another world on the right coast............

Cruiser :cool:
    aleft coast guy

20. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

ya should make it two days ,day one for gettin through traffic and finding a place to park and not get towed away and the next day to check out the cars.

21. rumblytruck

rumblytruck

Geez man, what freakin year were you here? I just think the guy didn't want to go out with you, you west coast freak !:D

22. Mullda

Mullda

The gravy on fries thing sounds a little strange. Wouldn't be at the top of my list! We are a little more laid back on the right coast for the most part. Yeah, grits are a staple, but hash browns are available in select areas!

Two days is about right as far as travel goes. The Forge is pretty congested. If you knew the back roads, you used to be able to get around pretty well and avoid most of it, but alot of folks have figured those out too. I guess I'd better pack a lunch for the trip!

23. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

Holy crap. I lived in the burgh for 8 years myself, yinz guys gun donton? see the stillers play donton n'nat? irn city tastes gross.........

24. Bob 1743

Bob 1743

You said "Dont ask" , but I gotta. It must have been the rain. I am in Bellingham & looking to get to Charlotte.
    Bob

25. Mopar34

Mopar34

Never lived in Pittsburgh, but got married in Charleroi. You know where that is? Wife's whole family is from the California/Elco area. They haven't lived there since the 60's yet they still talk like they never left.:D

I like NC go there frequently, but my next big move will be Florida.....where all the displaced Western PA relatives now live. :eek:

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's mocked up in the shop already. The Anglia is parked out front.

27. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

No it wasn't the 60 straight days of rain, the 10% sales tax or the meth heads, it was the old lady getting pregnant and wanting to be closer to her parents in wilmington, still 2 hours away at least. She flies back into SEA-TAC every few months because she misses seattle so much. I miss it too but it aint the same if I'm not driving my 53................

28. 31whitey

31whitey

man small world
    I know all kinds of guys from bellingham
    used to live in missoula, mt and would ride at baker and hang out in bellingham

29. frisco

frisco
    from Canton, NC

No fenders.

No hood.

No state inspection on vehicles 30 years old and over.

You can run North Carolina YOM (Year Of Manufacturer) plates when driving in North Carolina. Not out of state and you must have the registered plate in the vehicle.

Attached Files:

30. Mullda

Mullda

Nice coupe, Frisco! Looks great. So you're in Canton. That's just around the corner. Are there any cruise ins around the area?