Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rudy is putting the whores back on the truck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plan9, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, it has nothing to do with tradition. I like ingenuity, creativity, etc... I even like contemporary cars (its just not what this forum is about).

If I had to say, I would think that it had something to do with all of the copy cat trucks that were built with less than ideal build quality and even less vision. It goes back to the "rat rod" thing.

Still... If anyone has ever seen this truck in person, it is hard to argue against it. Great craftsmanship, good lines, etc... Rudy is all class and taste.

2. 53chevy

53chevy

I think this was an important Hot Rod that was built (pre rat-rod movement). Not sure if allot of folks knew who Rudy was (and probably the way Rudy likes it though). But it really got his name on the forefront of builders. It meant that the guide-lines folks were using to build a Hot Rod could be widened now, and in a GOOD way! The only one that looked just as nice was the one in the Throttlers club (painted 59d I think). But most did fail. The same would go for Julio Hernandez's model A Hot Rod. Most were in the High-Boy style and began the "Mines lower than yours" war.

Ken

3. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I agree with 53chevy: it's this truck and the one the Throttlers in SLC did--and that's it.
    And Rudy's truck was first--the first as far as I'm concerned--so I'm glad to see it being restored.
    I thought the murals were super bitchen from the first time I saw it, at Paso--and ditto for the choice of rolling stock.
    This is one of those vehicles which is so genre-defining that I feel it almost has to be preserved in its original version. (I didn't hear much crying when they un-rounded the trunk corners on the Sam Barris Merc. To me this is the same.)
    I'm glad to hear Rudy's still painting; I want him to paint something on my shoebox some day.
    And as for what came after, isn't it crazy how many bad copies this one truck spun off? It's a legend. Now bring back the steelies and wide whites!

4. Rusty

Rusty

I would rather see it glossy

5. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

The hookers and lettering were painted by Rudy's buddy "Jose".

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Dude, If you only knew the REAL story!

1935 on up cars shouldn't be fenderless. Just my opinion.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Original profession = Tradition LOL!

I like the hookers and the wires. Hope they can coexist peacefully.

8. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

So, "IS" Hooker Jose doing the new paint ? :confused:

P.S.
    I LOVE RUDY :D HES MY FAVORITE PENDEJO.. NEXT TO ALANSO !

9. ruralrod

ruralrod

for the record. the truck is not mine. i was fortunate enough to drive "THE FUCKING PISS OUT OF IT". i was also given the chance to buy it and call it mine. i decided not to. something was holding me back. if i was to keep it you can bet your ass i would not put the hookers back on. maybe that was the something holding me back. there would always be the pressure of "how it should be". build your own "the way it should be" and it's a lot funner. so if any of that made sense here's the scoop.
    yes the truck is getting the hookers and it's going back to its original look. then it will go in America's Car Collection for all you to see. come check it out.

pachi

thanks ralph

10. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Maybe the chopper guy out east still has the original wheels and tires. I know they went with the truck when Steve sold it.

11. Ratstu

Ratstu

Hey Rudy , It's good to see the truck still causing so much ruckus ! I love it. Good to see the lady's goin back on. Cheers Laurie

12. tj hookers eh... sorry i had to

Attached Files:

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

When I seen that truck in PASO it gave me the chills, because it was a new style created by a creative master builder and it will never be duplicated. Thanks for the memories Rudy.

14. Burgy

Burgy

I know we mentioned that the Throttlers 59d, "Woody's Truck" pulled off the look, but we seemed to forget about Laurie's somehow, now that one hit it dead on too, and the Hudson grill was the cherry on top :D

15. Burny

Burny

I remember seeing this truck for the first time years agoat the LB swap...It literally punched you in the face and made you check it out. It definitley was the first of the genre it spawned, and I've only seen maybe 3 or 4 that have been done right since. I still ewould like to see it painted shiny though...just my $.02

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

How can you not open this thread with a title like that!?

Vamanos A La Coahuila!! hahaha

17. atomic1

atomic1
    from Indiana

Anyone know what the grill is off of, or is a custom blend?

18. Burny

Burny

Grill is '34 Ford- no?

19. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

34, shortened about 2 inches.

20. XLNT! Taking them off was a huge mistake. I 1st saw that truck my 1st trip to Paso a few years ago, and realized THAT'S why i'm here! He puked a little water in Paso Inn's lot after Friday nite cruising, and i asked him what something like that was worth? He said, i dunno, maybe 10-12 thousand? I should've tried to buy it right then! Ida left it alone. It was a very well done traditional rod that's since spawned a lot of JUNK clones. I'm glad it's going back to it's former glory.

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Yes Yes Yes!!!i knew they would come back!

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

I don't know Rudy but I agree totally with your first two sentences.......Mike

23. williebill

williebill

Whores come on a truck? Can i get some sent to Tennessee? We can always use more whores

24. Bugman

Bugman

I think it's funny that a truck that was built 5 years ago is being restored...

25. plan9

plan9

....its just getting its graphics back, no one said anything about it being "restored".
    whether or not you choose to agree with the trucks influence is your business, i wont try to argue with your opinion.. although if you want another opinion, read on....

after CKdeluxe printed it you cannot deny the many clones it inspired on an international level... it had already sparked similar builds in SoCal before going to print. IMO, the contemporary hot rod scene was hungery for something new and different, it was created at the right place, at the right time and by the right person.

there were a lot of cars built in the 40s/50s & 60s that didnt have the fit and finish of a show car, but they inspired people because they looked fuckin TITS. the fact that the "Rudy Truck" is still together and is commonly used in reference to a *style* helps prove my point, like the "Pierson Brothers Coupe", "The SoCal Coupe", "Khougaz roadster" etc etc...

i think it would look bitchin in shiney black with a clean and shiney '34 grill, but the current owner wants to take it back to the "kick in the ass" feel it had when Rudy rolled it out for the first time.... the sensation cant be replicated, just like we will never know what is was like to drive hot rods in Los Angeles as they did "back in the day", but we can sure as fuck try and get a little taste. ;)

26. CaenanGray

CaenanGray

Diggin' the Whores.

27. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

The whores are cool, the only thing wrong with them is the vote PRI logo!

28. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Whenever anyone says Tijuana, thats exactly what I think of.

29. Whores should be in the truck, but then you need to upgrade to tilt steering...