Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jerry's Joplin Tranny Adventure...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big A, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Well, some of you might have heard that Jerry had a wee transmission problem on his way to Joplin. Actually, even if you didn't make it to Joplin you might have heard... it sounded like dropping a blender full of cutlery into a wood chipper.

I don't really see the problem here, but Jerry insisted on swapping it out anyway...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, when I travel my carry-on allowance is limited to contraband cigars and scars from Normandy Beach, but luckily Jerry carries several bottles of fine tequila and a spare T-5...

[​IMG]

Ryno was gracious enough to allow Jerry to shoehorn his truck in behind his rusty old junkers. It was a tight fit...

[​IMG]

Jerry just stands around talking about his manhood while everyone else works. I was minding my own business when suddenly Flattop Bob stuck his tongue out at me. If he wasn't the Mayor of Wellington I'd give him a stern talking to...

[​IMG]

This was hilarious... when Jerry wasn't looking Tyler Flt-blk played a practical joke on him by shortening his input shaft. Fidgeter is in on the gag, and Stevie G and Rashy are cheering them on.

If you look closely in the background you can see the tumble-down shack that Ryno lives in. It was a real eye opener for me to see the sort of squallor that some of our HAMB brethren deal with day by day...

[​IMG]

The last photo of the story is supposed to be a shot of Jerry roaring down the track at Mokan. Some unlikely excuse about having to make a 1200 mile drive afterwards made him puss out.

:D

Rashy, why the hell aren't my photos showing up in my post?

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Sheet man...Hamb'r Jerry lookin a lot like Jerry Garcia (the live version that is :D)
    I think you are missing [​IMG]

3. Anderson

Anderson

You should write books, funny arse post.

I'm in some serious disbelief that he was able to drive the truck as much as he did, that thing looks and sounded NASTY!

and Jerry was having a blast the entire time. Jerry rules.

4. BinderRod

BinderRod

Picture... We don't need no stinking picture!!

When Jerry put on his work shirt I ask him if the grease he uses shrinks his shirts. It looked like a woman trying to squeeze into a size 3 when they are a size 10.

As far as Rynos house I bet the neighbors were saying what in the hell is happening. Ryno has a few Tattoos, 2 wild Caddys, a surf board hanging up and a serious bad ass 4 x 4.

Jerry is the REAL DEAL! Big A I wish I could have seen you sling some paint. It was great to meet both of you. Keith

5. damn boy....looks like you had fun....

is that Tylers 59 elcam in the backround?

6. Yep. It's purty... and quick.

I do have the [​IMG]

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Bad scripting. You cannot have anything after the .jpg part of the URL. All of your pics had .jpg?v=0 after them I cleaned it up.

It was quite an honor being the official Hamb drags parts chaser again this year.

Ryno's place is kick ass. I need to step up my game big time.

I hope his Mom is alright.

8. Thanks man. I just copied the script out of the nav bar and that's what I got.

Ryno had some serious stuff to deal with and didn't have to open his garage to a bunch of greasers. He did anyway. Thanks Ryno, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye in person. Hope your mom is doing ok.

9. jerry

jerry

I did get to talk to Ryno at the drags and thank him again. Asked abou his Mom and he said she was responding to treatment and getting some of the tubes out then.

jerry

10. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

I had to laugh....you do know that "Tranny" is slang for Transvestite.......:D

11. It's the Joplin-Arizona curse, every year something happens.

Glad I could help get Jerry back on the road.
    TZ

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

It was cool meeting y'all there. maybe next year I'll be fast enough to break parts!

13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhhh, no, we didn't know that.....how is it that YOU know it? Something you want to tell us all?????? :D

14. sodas38

sodas38

Glad you got everything fixed, break downs are no fun no matter where they happen much less that far from home. I hope the Ford Touring body didn't impare the drive home at all. Thanks for hauling.

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Jerry had a transvestite experience in Joplin?

Must have been one of the Karaoke singers...

16. You never know what will happen when Jerry breaks out that Tequillia.

17. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

What a great story, thanks for posting it.
    By the way prayers out to Ryno's Mom.

18. jerry

jerry

Thanks for the commentary guys!

I was just glad to be there!

jerry

19. Man, you scared me with that title...I thought you found another Clermont Lounge. Looks like you had fun anyway.

20. What a post!!! Andrew, your writing skills are beyond entertaining! And what a story. Jerry is soooo low key and jovial. Nothing ever seems to be a problem for him - he's an inspiration.

It was great meeting you in Austin and visiting with you throughout this past weekend. I promise to not mention "work" next time.:)

Larry

21. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Sounds like you had quite a drive Jerry.
    Glad you made it to & from safe & sound.

22. will somebody please primer jerrys front clip for him!!!

23. It's from all those years touring with The Dead... the Owsley acid fried his brain. :D

Hey, ever notice how the guys in jeans and black shirts always do the work and the dudes in white shirts and khakis always "supervise"?

[​IMG]

24. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

that is ol jerry... always lookin to be the center of attention....

25. Anderson

Anderson

We were going to shoot the front end while the truck was down, but we forgot to pick up some rattle can flat black while we were at the parts store :D

Hahaha!!!

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Jerry's a ruler. He's lucky to have all of you guys help him out.....

Malcolm

27. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

That is just so odd that jerry's truck with such low miles would break like that , and he drives like a retired old guy on a sundays drive all the time too , jsut wierd ..Ricky along with the new primer maybe he needs some new pants too LOL . Jerry is a great dude and has fun where ever that truck of his takes him .thanks for the post ya all !

28. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'm thinking if he's ever slept in it he probably SNORED it half way apart and the Okie roads helped with the rest...