Register now to get rid of these ads!

A few of my HAMB drags pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trailer-Ed, Aug 26, 2007.

1. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

The Vagabonds were well represented this weeked, and we picked up a few new members as well. great times. I arrived Thursday eve around 10 pm, and was delighted to see the parking lot ful of cars and people. I was welcomed by Bob K, and then my vacation began. Friday I wke to rain, then sun, then more rain the rest of the day, and in the mean time Weeds and I were chatting and an old man approached us asking what was going on in town with all the cars? We told him then he went on about 2 34 fords he had that still had the flatties in them, and he wanted to sell them. Well we made immediate arrangements to say the least to go look, Oh did I mention he wanted only $300 for the pair? well we got there about 7 miles from the Ramada, and discovered they were 36 ford 2 dr sedans, very rough, but lots of parts, Oh, did I mention that the price dropped to $100 then. Well that is when the second rain started to come in so Weeds and I scatted out of there unsure what to do about those 36's, still not sure. that was my friday afternoon, Then the Vagabonds put on a small feed and staring 2 grills in the rain with no lighter fluid is a bitch, sorry if your brats tasted like brake cleaner:). then the evening festivities began, rain and drinkng!! sat morning I woke feeling a bit green to say the least, so I layed back down till about noon, then I managed to hold it together long enought to grab a snack a gator ade and some good pills from Ducktails wife. (Thanks!!!!) Then once I made my first pass in the RPU, I felt way better. Lots of cool racing, which I'm sure you ill be filled in on other posts. the FED in my pics is the one that popped a whellie, then 360'd and landed in the right position. AMAZING!!!! lots more good racing then back to Ramada for sat festivites.Got up this morning said some good byes and pulled in not long ago. Only 364 days untill the next one. I guess I better get busy on my 37 willys. Later, Rusty.

Attached Files:

2. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

A few more. I did most in B/W on film may be a few days for them.

Attached Files:

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

Rusty.. I thought you would have captioned the pic with Atch and his ride Clarence puttin a whoopin on Greezy in his 40 Ford. LOL

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Nice pic of my green PU there Rusty. Had a good time catchin up with ya at the Ramada and track. Good luck getting those '36's home. Get the Hemi's too. C.F.

5. Not to mention the Vagabond tranny rebuild in the back of the parking lot! LD, Bill and Fiddy had the 2004r out, rebuilt and back in in about 3 hours!

I will post up my pics tonight

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT seeing ya again bud. Your RPU looked awesome with that new SkipStitch interior.:cool:

7. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Yep a bit Goldchainer and a bit rat rod, good seeing you and thanks for the stickers. Later, Rusty.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Rusty, I asume that little RPU with the nifty tan cover was yours? Very nice ride, sorry I didn't officially meet you, we probably were standing right next to each other at least part of the night.

Catch ya next time!

GV

9. chopped30

chopped30
    from ohio

Rusty,
    Sounds like you had a good time. Any pictures of the RPU on the track? I know now you are having as much fun with the little guy as I did on the build (can you tell I miss it?). Hard to believe what once was nothing is now so neat.
    Ollie.

10. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Jon, there are some pics coming, keep an eye out as they strapped a camera to it while I made a pass. It ran a best of 17.38 at 75 mph. Now I have to get my 37 Willys gasser done for next year!! I took some in the pits etc, not sure who may have pics of it on the track. Later on, Rusty.

11. BinderRod

BinderRod

Rusty... I got a picture of the RPU on a blast down the track. I will send it to you. Keith

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

nice pics rusty...ive got a million but on dialup for another week...:(

13. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I can't even see a part of the pix because all I have and can get out here is dial up. Pisses me off!!!! Wanna see pix but can't.

14. McGrath

McGrath

Move closer to civilization...;)

15. kropduster

kropduster

two...

Attached Files:

16. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Hey Kropduster, thanks, first pix I've seen of my ride out of all these pix. thanks again, Rusty.

17. chopped30

chopped30
    from ohio

Love the pictures! I guess if would have known it was going to be a drag truck I would have put the little hemi I'm saving for another project in it instead of the 6 banger!
    Ollie

18. skipstitch

skipstitch

I'll assume you're refering to the shiney painted wheels as the "gold chainer" part and not that comfy seat...Ha ha ha !!! :) :) :)

19. Skipstich, that interior looks killer and is really comfy. I spent some time in the truck and can attest to that fact!