Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is your monthly hot rod $ budget?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Heckler, Aug 24, 2007.

1. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

self employed here, so depends if its a feast or famine month.

2. deucemanab

deucemanab

I Just Turned 70 So I Spend What Ever I Want.you Can't
    Take It With You.

3. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

My dad felt like he shouldn't sell the house and 20 acres in the country where all 5 of us kids were raised, he felt he owed it to us to leave it for us. We straightened him out on that, he gave us what he owed by raising us right.
    Selling it allowed my parents to build a new house, where they'll live until they're gone. All 5 of us kids were there almost every weekend for 1 1/2 years helping build it. Now they have a nice house, and money in the bank and are traveling more than they were ever able to.
    I couldn't agree more, you can't take it with you, and it's yours to enjoy, make the most of it while you can.

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

evryone is richer than me, we;ll say taht for sure..

sometimes $100 ... sometimes $700.... usually gas money

but ask how often i eat or pay other bills in order to stay in this, cause i may be fat, but i eat one meal a day and its usually pasta or some cheap shit...

5. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I try not to think about it. :D

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Depends on how much overtime I work. I only use overtime money for my cars. I have banked as much as $2000 and as little as $300 a month.

7. Justin B

Justin B

knowhere near enough, if it's going to hold up a build i usually just buy it instead of waiting to find a deal, i hate waiting till the next swap because i passed on something because it was $5 more than i wanted to spend

8. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

0 - 900 i guss it all depends how many dishes i wont to wash lol

9. suavemechanic

suavemechanic

as a mate says "if i didnt have to work i would have a sarong and a spear so every thing else is a tax deduction "
    pretty much the only reason i work is to get money for my cars and bikes OR to learn more.
    my girl "understands " so i married her
    i do like to score antique jewellry at second hand shops
    ,looks good on her too:)

10. Chuck R

Chuck R

More than it should be , not as much as I want it to be. There is no end in site. Mo money, mo money, mo money.
    chuck

11. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Over the years I have never taken anything from my household account that feeds my wife and kids. I always do odd jobs to make money. One kid just graduated college which took some of my hot rod money. Have another about to enter college. My jobs money also helps support my 88 year old mother and my wifes mother, we have to help with her "cobra insurance" from time to time. Cancer sucks but she has to have insurance. So now my hot rod account is dry and all my extra work goes towards others. I still manage about $100 a month some how. I like the hunt and much as the build.

12. skyrodder

skyrodder

right now is whatever is left at the end of the month, and it's usually between $20 to $100 bux a month, so very slow progress on my car, income tax will be moslty for my car though...

13. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

Total all car stuff normally 1000-1500$ a month, in the middle of a build it can get much higher, Right now grand total of 0$ for the last 6 months when I was building the house, I don't even have a project and my garage is looking mighty empty.

14. Heckler

Heckler
    from Austin, TX

15. hodaddyo

hodaddyo

i try to flip stuff on ebay and use the profit for my hot rod, i don't make much because i try not to screw anyone.

16. depends how well the daily drivers hold together - $300 or so sounds about right.

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

$20.00 to 25.00 dollars per week for gas. that's all I can afford right now.

18. $1 to $1000 depending on lay offs and taxes. most months 100/200

19. plmczy

plmczy

$80 a month but that also is used for my other hobbies also. later shawn

20. That's one of the more relevant topics (for me) in the last year or so.

It's fluctuated from "sell my project" to "let's get it moving", and finding some parts has me selling off other projects to fund this addiction.

The long-winded answer is "whatever I get from my sold parts". But after I find a 32 front axle and pre-41 rear end, I'd imagine it'll settle into about 150 Wendy's fries per month. And cross my hemmorhoids that GM doesn't lay us all off.

21. brandon

brandon

seems like i have used that line before.....:D sometimes it just doesn't seem that way to the wife.....:rolleyes: brandon

22. hippie6

hippie6

I was spending up to $300-$400 a month. It depended on the 'ol paycheck. Some weeks you like being a flat-rate mechanic others you don't. Now that I took my new job,(salary) its a lot less,, $20-$30. Or how ever much is left after filling my gas tank! I still haven't seen my 90 day raise.... its over due by almost 4 months. Hard to do much of anything.

23. Muttley

Muttley

More than I should, not as much as I'd like.

24. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

5-to 10 bucks every 2 months less now im trying to buy half a shop

25. JimSibley

JimSibley

Im always buying car parts, just not for me. My credit card bill is $5000 a month, 90% is car parts. Of this I get about $100. a month for my cars.

26. scrapmetalart

scrapmetalart
    from DAYTON

I have 4 motorcycle projects as well as 2 truck projects. I buy & sell parts as much as possible. I don't even know how much I spend. $1000-$10000. just depends what comes across my lap that month. I'm going to a swap meet in a few hours. iI may spend $500 or $0..You never know. I am limiting my spending on extras at the moment...

I gotta finish something!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. $100- $600 a month, Im 100ks from anywhere so theres nothing to spend it on, most of the time I just flog crap from the tip take what I want then dump the rest. So I spend most of my money on sustaining my beergut and my fat arse.
    hmmmm pies

28. woolus

woolus

for months, nothing, and if i plan well, nothing for another month - 6 weeks before im otu of debt and smiling / saving / spending again

29. 31modelo

31modelo

Depends what I need for my project anywhere from $300 to $3000. My Mon - Fri money goes to the house any my Sat - Sun money goes into my car unless the family needs a financial boost.

30. nexxussian

nexxussian

Thank god I'm not the only one.:D (the trying not to screw people over part)