Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got A Free Hemi!!!...w/Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fishtail8, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Had a friend of mine stop by when he was on his way to the scrapyard yesterday, and I happened to notice something interesting in the back of his pickup. Turns out it's a dissassembled, but largely complete HEMI! According to the numbers it's a 354 Desoto from '57. There's no oilpan, dist, or carb. Has chrome valve covers tho. So naturally it's on the floor of my garage right now. Might have to build a '32 or something to put that sucker in... Pics in a bit.. S25-379 is the number on the front of the block..

Attached Files:

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I would suggest you tell that friend to drive by your house everytime he goes to the scrap yard of he's got that kind of JUNK lying around. Better yet, go to his place and haul some more off for him.

3. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

And...you may want to "drop by" one of these days to look at his other "junk". Maybe you could help him out and haul it off for free.:D

4. oldmule

oldmule
    from Colorado

I want a friend like that.... Dang fine luck my friend....

I have a friend that owns a salvage, but he wants to charge me for every little thing.....

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

S25 denotes a Firedome bodystyle. That would make it a 2bbl 341, but they didn't have chrome valve covers. Great score!

6. purpleflameguy

purpleflameguy

Great find. All I ever seem to get from friends on the way to the scrap yard is why don't I get rid of my junk! But I don't have any Hemi"s laying around.

7. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Thanks for the correction, my brain and fingers weren't cooperating right then. I knew it was a 341 but didn't type it that way... ooopps... Either way.... it's a free HEMI... now where to put it...