Register now to get rid of these ads!

Little OT, Cool ID Plate Quiz

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jpmopar, Aug 8, 2007.

1. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Can any of you guys guess the origins of this cool-ass chrome name plate? I know what it's from, but thought it would be fun to see if you guys could figure it out. Here are two hints: It's from 1959, and it's (obviously) not from a Chrysler Imperial.

Attached Files:

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

All I know is that West Pittston is about 40 miles from me.C'mon...whats it from???

3. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's off an old stove or furnace.

4. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

The plate is from a 1959 Imperial mobile home. My parents bought it new when they married in 1960. It was a tiny little trailer, but was decked out like a late-50's car. It was red/white and silver outside, with red and white checkered floors and loaded with chrome/stainless trim. The cabinets were all blonde wood and the doors had handles like a '58 Plymouth. I'd love to have the entire trailer today to restore, but (unfortunately) the name plate is all that's left of it. Dad junked it out back in the 70's and turned what was left into a flatbed trailer. Cool plaque though. I love that old school maltese cross.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's neat! I was going to say refrigerator...