Register now to get rid of these ads!

Insurance question for daily drivers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firetop, Jul 6, 2007.

1. BigRed390

BigRed390

I've got farm bureau's plain ol' liability coverage on my galaxie. Heaven help whatever it hits, but it's not my daily (unfortunately!). It runs about $50 a month. And I'm 23. It should drop in 2 years.

Edit: Need to remove cranium from posterior. You were looking for coverage. Sorry. I need to learn to read!

2. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

State Farm. In Michigan you do not get that much time to drive between pot hole season and salts -r-us. When the weather is nice you can always claim you where on your way to a club meeting or car show after work.

3. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Just to update my original post on this I went with my original carrier (USAA) with unlimited mileage, tow service and road assist with full coverage. Price was exceptionaly reasonable.All the other specialty coverage is a joke unless you dont want to actually drive the car. Or lie about it.That was my experience anyway. Thanks to everyone for all the advice . I appreciated it. HAMBrs rock!!!!!!

4. rixrex

rixrex

Well..I'm all confused about which way to jump on this one too..American Hobbyist quotes me 331.00 per year on the Pickup and two 50s cars, I pay that much per month to Farmers for same vehicles for required Liability..Isn't it worth a few restrictions for the HUGE savings? whats the best way to do this??....

5. JTM133

JTM133

USAA, 300 per year with liability and uninsured motorist on my '64 Chevy C10.

If I ever get her fixed up a little nicer, will go back to them for more coverage...they were quite willing to talk actual value.

6. tomcat46

tomcat46

I use American National (ANPAC) also. I have not had to make a claim with them, but there service has been excellent.

They seem to really be trying to get the classic car business. They usually have a booth set up at the car shows around here. They cover classic motorcycles also. And they will cover project vehicles since those are not covered by homeowners insurance.

Someplace else to check.

Tom

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

agreed value, state farm, i requested the agreed value..i guess there are some limitations oh and i also have my house and other car with them so that may have helped, im sure im bending the rules sometimes, but when there is a show or event almost everyday within 50 miles of me its hard to say no..not rally a daily driver for work but if there is someplace to go every day after..Im goin'!

8. Is this ever a coincidence.

Been with State Farm for 35 years.

My other toys are with Grundy.

Counting daily drivers etc we have 9 vehicles insured with State Farm.

My '57 Chevy truck, since I drive it more than all the rest put together has been insured with State Farm for the past 5 years with a good rate and no problems. In June of this year, State Farm requests pictures of the truck. (this is a first). I send them the two requested pictures

I come home from the Street Rod Nationals to find a letter in my mail box that reads,

"Thank you for allowing us the oppourtunity to provide your car insurance under this policy. After a through review, we are sorry that we cannot continue this insurance after the date and time of cancellation shown above". The reason(s) for this action is:

"This risk is ineligible due to the vehicle not being restored to it's original condition." Please find enclosed a premium refund check.

So, for all of you that are using State Farm, make sure they know exactly what it is they are insuring.

9. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

State Farm stated value policies. I have 2 "daily drivers" with a max millage policy of 7500 miles/ anually. I drive just inder 14000 miles a year using both cars - so I'm actually following the rules.

It's cool to be able to call and get the same person everytime I need talk about my account, too.

- Joe

10. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

That's been my experience with my carrier. I pay a little extra over the discount rate and have no limitations. The best insurance is the kind that you never have to use.

11. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon

hey, my buddy is an insurance agent here in so cal. you can call him and ask anything you want. his name is elliott. 818 285 0323