Register now to get rid of these ads!

Raising them right....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mpls|cafe|racer, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Sometimes you gotta start em' young, eh?

Family photo...

[​IMG]

And a few of the boy and the toy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nerdy? INDEED! But it WILL be pretty cool when he's older and he can look at them. :cool:

2. starlitelounge

starlitelounge

My boy already has his own rice quarter midget. He's 3 1/2. That's a fine looking boy you got there man!

S'right...start em young!!

3. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Man Kurt, we didn't notice that, but hell yeah it does!!! :)

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

5. He looks to be well on his way

Here is an old photo of our son and I

[​IMG]

and for some further inspiration, a few of him making a set of lowering blocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Babies and drag slicks...can't help but havin' a big dopey smile from either. But together? What a great combo!

Be sure to allow for mounting a kiddie seat in that truck cab high enough for junior to see out. My little ones love daddy's hot rod.

7. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

"Dad, I'm tired of you always doing the driving, it's my turn to burn some rubber!"

8. squirrel

squirrel

this one is in engineering school now...I wonder if I didn't "influence" him by letting him help me back then

Attached Files:

9. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

So, my girlfriend, who is in the pic obviously, has just informed me that she thinks that some think she is one of my kids! haha

Not the case. She's 24, and she's getting into cars lately too.

We're gonna get the truck done and then move on for something for her to drive.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

And squirrel... yes, you influenced that one!!!

swdobbs: I think you've got the beginning of a future welder/fabricator there!!

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

LOL! ///and i was getting ready to make a smart ass comment too,,,for real,,i could tell she was your ol lady,,but was going to fuck with you,,haha:D

,,i forgot to say,,,you have a beautiful family and good to see your starting the boy off right! congrats!

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

12. At this rate he will throw down a better bead than me by the time he is 12 and I'll never be able to catch him. I just hope he doesn't start talking trash about my lack of fabrication skills too soon.

s.

13. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

heres some pics of my kids.theyre still young but im brain washing them early.this truck is a 64 fargo wheel stander that i did a bunch of welding/fabbing on for a friend.check out the powerplant!

Attached Files:

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i gotts a million...this ones only 2 weeks old!
    gene winfield , my girl abby, my son gabriel, and me!:)

Attached Files:

15. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

No wonder you go by breeder... :D

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey! its only the two...the older one on the lefts not mine!;):p

17. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Here's one of my favorite shots if Boy Wonder in the shop. He's been going to car shows and races with me since he was just a wee lad. 18 months old he had his first ride in a Viper, at two he bawled his eyes out when I told him I didn't have enough money to buy the original JayHawker A/FX race car we saw at the Don Garlits Mopar show, at three he had a pedal car that matched (roughly) my '57 Chevy wagon, 5 he went around Bristol Motor Speedway in the back seat of my Dodge Dakota at 90mph. At 10 he rode around Road Atlanta at about a buck forty in the prototype C4B Highway Patrol Camaro GM used in their advertising (the white one with the caption "Here speeder speeder speeder). He just turned 12, and had four photos published in Super Rod magazine, including a two-page spread on the table of contents of two vintage FED's at neck-n-neck mid track. We had him in cub scouts, just so we could run the Pinewood Derby. We both built cars, and I'm reasonably sure he's the only kid in his troop that used a band saw, Dremel tool, drill press, belt/disc sander and a torch to build his car.

-Brad

Attached Files:

18. squirrel

squirrel

looks like he spends all his time jacking off...

(so sorry, I just couldn't resist) (and yes my boys did the same thing with the floor jack at that age)

19. hoof

hoof

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the second pic is pretty cool, you can see my boy in the background randomly pounding on the four wheeler with a wrench!
    CHAZ

20. TINGLER

TINGLER

Cute boy you got there. You are one lucky guy.

Thanks for sharing the photos. They rule.

21. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

He's his father's son, that's for sure.

-Brad