Register now to get rid of these ads!

7 $100 bills found in interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Aug 5, 2007.

1. no55mad

no55mad

:eek: Was in Michigan last week and got talking to a guy that bought a Miata in Florida. Guess the stock door sills are crappy and there are some better repros available so he was changing them. When he pulled off the drivers side, he found 7 tightly rolled up $100 bills! Not a bad find! I've found a dope pipe and a wrench or two - anybody else find any goodies? I think there was a recent similar post but what the hay.

2. mike nixon

mike nixon

found a gallon bag of weed under the dash of my 65 g/p. it was so old it turned to powder when the bag was shaken.

found coke baggies in a dealer auction car when i worked at the buick dealer.

took a mid 80's rwd lesabre 2dr in on trade a LONG time ago. the left door rattled, i pulled the door panel to investgate and pulled over 50.00 in change out of it.

mike

3. I found a crack pipe and spoon in my old Chevy Celebrity wagon when I bought it. A bunch of rusted up chinese tools under the liner in my Plymouth Sattellite and some mid 80's Playboy's under the back seat...

4. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Wow , $700 almost makes up for owning a Miata! :D

I found a giant box of nails, tar paper roofing material, an old pnuematic nailer and other assorted construction crap in my F100. I guess the dents on the backside of my roof were from hauling lumber and who knows what else. A working mans truck. Gotta respect that...

5. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

an old No Fear beach towel and some assorted crap tools make up my finds
    oh and bits of a gearbox in my van

6. Retroline

Retroline

Rat nests and skeletons are popular finds in most of our cars.

7. impalamark

impalamark

I live in florida and every car I buy gets the interior completely removed -carpet- everthing . Nothing like getting busted for someone elses left behind drugs . I bought a car for my daughter
    that had been stolen by the owners addict boyfriend and recovered
    abandoned in a parking lot undamaged but I was suspicious and
    took it apart for a thorough "cleaning " and found some "presents"
    that would have gotten my daughterr in big trouble had I or police
    found it at a later date
    A thorough "cleaning " is a good idea on any used car you don't have a goood history on
    MArk

8. When I was in the military, I took every used car I bought to the Military Police and had the dope dog check it out. Weed found twice. Had that happened at a random gate search, my career would have gone to shit instantly.

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

In '95 I found a wallet from 1978 wedged behind the front lower seat trim piece in my '64 Impala that had over $300 in it, after I had owned the car for 8 years.

10. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

I always find ammo in the cars I buy, I pulled 25-30 12 gauge shells out my rover along with a skinning knife. no idea how long they had been there, the guy I bought it from did not know ether.

Bloody knife in another that I turned over to the police, lots of little leftovers of pot. got to clean them really good when you find them no use getting in trouble for something you did not do.

11. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Hasn't this topic been covered a dozen times before this one?

12. rustysconny

rustysconny

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to steal change from the cupholder and drop it between the fuzzies in my dad's olds. My dad never knew where his change went! :D Nice to know we weren't the only ones who did that.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I keep hearing about alot of money found but even with doing interiors for over 20 years I have never found large quanities of money only about 25 dollars in change under consoles when replacing the carpet a few times. Jeff

14. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I saw an article about a barn find in Portugal. It was a warehouse man. Serious.

Lemme see if I can dig the link up...

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I wonder if the money was real? In Cali, theres been a surge of phony $100 bills. They are so good, they fool the counterfeit pens. Only the teller at the bank knew it was phony.

16. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I once bought a '94 Dodge Shadow at an impound auction for $55. It had a radiator leak, and a rocker arm that had backed off, so it ran like crap.

Anyway, in this car I found a half dozen golf clubs, 7 silk ties, various tools, and best of all - freebie vouchers for a dozen Kripsy Kreme donuts! Mmmmmmmmm.... donuts.....

17. Boynamedsue

Boynamedsue

we had a car donated to us at school. it was abandoned in the parking lot we found the owner and he gave it to us. he had only had it for a little while so we just wanted it for scrap money. when we started cutting it up we found cocain, weed, and various other drug. we also found 15 years of playboy issues in the trunk.

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I still have a set of gold army type insignias from the civil war that i got out of the dirt in the floor of a model a sedan where the back seat would have been..

19. David Chandler

David Chandler

I was cleaning up the GMC I bought from a dealer, and found $56 in the ashtray, plus a few dollars worth of change on the floor. I've also found live ammo in several cars that I was checking out in the junkyard. Not to mention enough beer cans to make a new Honda.

20. customcory

customcory

The first car I bought at 15 was a 53 Chevrolet converible. It was from Charlotte N.C. . Got it for 300.00 , and my dad drove it home. The guy that owned it was in a band , in fact the car was in front of a nightclub when I spotted the for sale sign. Got it home and when I was cleaning it up , I found about a 1/2 bag of weed in the ashtray waded up in a cigarette pack. We had a FBI revenuer type that lived on our street and I took it to him, of course he knew what to do with it.
    Restored a guys 64 Chevrolet Suburban and found a Tulsa drag timing slip that had the name tore off but had 189.00 mph and something like a 7sec something e.t.. Had to give it back to the guy. Must have been a rail dragster or something like that. It was stuffed behind the windshield post hole. Must have stuffed it in the headliner years ago.
    All I ever find anymore are mercury dimes or buffalo nickels.:D

21. dodgedartgt

dodgedartgt
    from SW FL

Early 80's, neighborhood kid just turned 16 would go to the junkyards with me and my buddies. He fell in serious lust with a '61 Imperial. The yard wanted about $500-600 for it, more than he could afford. This was a large busy yard we went to all the time. Everytime we were there, he would be at the car going through it.
    One day, he came running back out of breath, he had found a bag under front seat with over $1200 cash! Needless to say...
    Ddi I mention the car had wiiiiiiide whitewalls (pimp style), faux fur on the dash and rear deck and roaches in all the ashtrays...
    Needless to say, he bought the car, only needed gas, battery and tuneup. It really was in good shape after cleaned up.
    Mike Bynum

22. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

i love stories like this. a friend of mine had a lincoln in a kinda sketchy neighborhood. it was sitting for a few months in his front yard after he destroyed the power steering and suspension. he ended up pulling the motor, listing the car on ebay, and sold it. when he was getting his stuff out of it before the new owners showed up, he found a brown paper bag with about $1500 cash in the trunk. it looks like the local drug dealers were using the trunk of his "abandoned" vehicle for a drop spot. kind of funny, if he found the money before, he could have fixed the car and kept it, but the dealers would probably have come back.

23. Stovebolt 6

Stovebolt 6

24. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Not in a car but our car club use to pick up trash along Highway 101 near Santa Maria, California. Well any of you being in a club knows how hard it is to get members to do anything and the same happened to me. I had to clean 2 miles of freeway by myself more then once. The last time I did it by myself I found a $100 dollar bill and it just so happened that my '64 Merc was in the upholstery shop getting $135.00 worth of front seat repair. The hundred bucks plus the $20 bucks worth of cans I picked up almost paid for my seat work and oh ya I found a '54 Ford head light ring that a friend lost one night driving down the freeway a few weeks before, he sure was happy. Trash picken is fun!

25. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I found under the rear seat of my 59 buick a brass token from the Famous"Chicken Ranch " here in Texas. It was about the size of a .50 piece. It had a rooster in the center with a heart on each side. It said "Chicken Ranch" LaGrange ,Texas around the top and Good for one free ride around the bottom. It's a key chain now.

26. I found rust in my car!!

27. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

My buddy's son would take quarters and put them in his seat belt buckles on his Ranger, he found this out after he couldn't get out of his seat belts when he went out hunting. Luckily he's only about 120 lbs soaking wet, so he was able to crawl out of the belts. :cool:

28. Miata? I figured you might find $700 in receipts for "product" and Mojitos.

29. Happy

Happy

Well it wasn't cash! I found 3 cards filled with stamps in the drivers door for Subway subs............FREE LUNCH!!! Eat fresh :D

30. Lil' Lance

Lil' Lance

i remember this ol chevy coming into the shop i worked at. it was a clean car. manager told to look in the back seat. so i did, and saw a child's seat and some books. i was just like okay...cool, so? nah look next to the seat...holy geez!!! the biggest effin dildo ive ever seen! just sittin there right in the back seat. lol.
    co worker told me to smear some fudge on it. tho i didnt. oh well.