Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone suggest a good MOPAR junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49coupe, Aug 4, 2007.

1. 49coupe

49coupe

Can anyone throw me a bone and suggest a few MOPAR junkyards I can call that have a large selection of '50s stuff. I've been searching for '54 Dodge side trim for about 3 years now with zero luck. They couldn't have crushed all of these. Ideally, I'm looking for two door trim, but at this point I'd weld together four door trim.

Thanks

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

Post a picture of a 54 Dodge .. please

3. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

4. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I've got my own private "yard" with about 65 or 70 Mopars. About half are pre-1966, with a heavy concentration on '55-'61. I don't have ANY '54 Dodges though. I'll check around with some of my sources and see if I can find you that trim and then PM you.

JP

5. 49coupe

49coupe

Here's a picture of a '54 Dodge. There were 3 series. Cornet, Meadowbrook and Royal. The royal was the larger series and rarer. I'd be happy with smaller series trim. It would be going on a '50 Ford anyway.

I'll give the yards listed a try. I've tried Moores before, but I see they have more stuff now.

Attached Files:

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Call information for CAMARILLO CALIFORNIA and ask for the number of MIKECO in CAMARILLO

Ask for Mike and see what he can do, He has a large selection of used MoPar parts.

When you call, Call after 6pm Pacific time or on the weekends.... he has an answering machine for daytime as this is a side Bis for him.

7. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Do a google search for Vintage Parts 411, call them, spend the dough on their parts locator guide. It's like a nation-wide yellow pages for specifics makes/models. They have a Mopar book, and somewhere in there will be someone with the parts you're looking for. The last ones I saw had a section for trim, and another for junkyards. When I got mine, they were about $40, but worth every penny.
    -Brad

8. Big Dad

Big Dad

That one stumps me :confused:

9. coppertone

coppertone

Moore's salvage yard in Rapid City SD. Tons of MOPAR from the 50's and 60's and before. Lots of other, too.

10. mccarrol

mccarrol

Go up highway 12 north towards Orillia, Ontario. At Highway 48 just south of Gamebridge turn right. I'm not sure if its before or after Bolsover, but there is a yard that deals only in old Chryslers and Desotos. It's right on the left side of the highway. Lot's of 60's & 70's stuff as well. Sorry, I don't know the name, but they might be able to help you. They've been there for years. Joe

11. I can sure vouch for Wildcat, they are 100% mopar, and good people to boot. I'm not allowed there "I'm a recovering MoPar-aholic

12. Abomination

Abomination

Here's a camera phone pic from a magazine a few months ago.

~Jason

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      90.4 KB
      Views:
  13. Abomination

Abomination

And don't forget the largest Mopar junkyard in North America:

R & R Auto Salvage, Inc.
    22291 Lawrence
    Verona, MO 65769
    Phone 417-678-5551

~Jason

14. 49coupe

49coupe

Thanks guys this will get me going. I'll let you know how I make out.

Marcus

15. I hate to bring bad news, but r&r has been gone for a few years. :(