Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn: Nebraska area HAMBers/SIMPSONS at the Drive-in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Jul 19, 2007.

1. NEBRASKA AND NEAR BY HAMBERS MAKE A DATE...
    Neligh Nebraska, a small farming community in thye north/east part of the state, is home to the Starlite Drive-in Theater. It has just been confirmed that they will be debuting the SIMPSONS MOVIE opening night July 27th!
    This is a big deal for me as I had the opportunity to work on the film.
    I'm hoping to meet some area HAMBers there if anybody's interested. We could fill this place up tho we will have competition with the Shrine Bowl on saturday. Come to think of it, the town may be empty as local hero Tyler Legate will be playing in that game.
    So what do you think, Is it gong to happen???

I'll get info out on where to find us and when to get there but will add that Neligh is 2:45 minutes away from Omaha, 3 from Lincoln, 1 1/2 from Grand Island and Suix City.
    Bring your best gal, your family and, most important, bring your ride.
    Let's make some noise!!!

2. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

How far is it from omaha? i could scrounge something up to run up there.

bobby

3. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

never mind i just caught the last part of your post. I could try and make it up there, just gotta plan for it.

4. Cool, let some others know too.
    Did I mention it's probably the best movie deal going? Most movies are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for kids.

5. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

Hey Jigger, what did you do on the movie? I was working on it in out L.A. for about nine months. It was definitely a big deal for me to. Wish I could go it sounds like fun.

6. I boarded a couple sequences (That'd be production/story boards for those non-animators who may read this) I was laying out and animating scenes while out in Burbank.(more on that later.) (I'd get specific but the producers would have me killed.) ( Let's just say there was a car involved, large crowds, a pig in some, and the Simpson family in others.) I'm now back on the series where I was picking up slack for board artists still shackled to their desks, and have since returned to character lay-out. (Animating.)
    What did you do and what are the chances we actually met while I was there?

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

Finally, Simpson gets his due! I've been using his safety equipment since the 60s and hey - I'm still alive! Plus I'm a big animation fan (and cartoonist) myself AND I used to live out there in Nebraska. If I lived a little closer, I'd sure be at that show...You guys will just have to have my share of the fun....

8. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

Very cool! I'm sure I saw some of your work. I was a Scene Planner (camera) at Rough Draft. I always wished I had the skills you guys have with a pencil. I'm finally free of my "shackles" but still have scars on my ankles. Fun to work on but man did they push us to the limit.
    Fox was so hush hush about everything I couldn't even tell my my lady (shes an efx animator) what is was about cuz they would of had me killed!

All you HAMBers gotta go see this movie! Even if its just to support your local 2d animation artist and HAMBer. We need jobs! Due to the switch from 2d movies to 3d and outsourcing 1000s of peoples jobs we got screwed. I had to sell all my cars to take care of my family. 18,000 orig. mile 50 Ford business coupe...gone, custom 64 Riviera...gone and a 40 dodge coupe...gone.

Anyway Its good to know there are some animation geeks like us on the board. I think that Keith Weesner guy is/was one too.

Have fun at the drive in...don't forget the Duff.

Colin

9. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

That Jessica Simpson is HOT. If she gets neeked in the film I would sure be there.

10. In all her glory. well,...Bart anyway.

11. Another bump.
    This Friday, the 27th. Neligh (Middle -of-nowhere) Nebraska. Oh that's not exactly honest, we have 2 cheap motels (nice ones) 2 Bars, several eateries, ATMs,Gas, Camping in Riverside Park. Make it an event.

12. Tyler Legate???? WTF? Now, Billy Legate [Clearwater] is my wife's nephew and was UNL Cornhusker studly Backup full back for Macavika in the 90's [that's right kiddies...4 regional championships and 2 or 3 world championships for the Huskers in those years...I've seen all 8 of Billys championship rings] but I'm trying to figure out who Tyler is....Crystal's oldest kid?....nah, she can't have kids that old...HMMMMmmmm. Mitch's kid?
    Anyway, I'm gonna bust my ass to get some new tires on my 46 chevy pickup and roast 'em up there to see the flick...can't wait!
    Rocky

Attached Files:

13. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does....I can't wait!!!!

14. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Jigger and Colin,
    Congrat's on working on the film, If i was near you, i'd come out and support the film, but way too far away:(
    Have an awesome night and i hope the hamber attendance is a huge turn-out for ya!

15. diggers4life

diggers4life

Hey Jigger,
    Congrats on a lot of hard work paying off. I'll try to be there with my '41.

Attached Files:

16. Yes, now were getting some traction. What about the rest of you? Did I mention it's cheap? $6.00 for adults, $4.00 under 12, and, usually, free for kids under 4yrs old. I will verify that this afternoon.
    If you come, look for the red Pontiac CustomS conv't. (1969 'A' body)
    in the front row, west side. That's me. Well,... my car anyway.

17. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

18. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

What ever happined to the: Golden Spike, Indian Hills, Q-twin drive-in's ? In Omaha. Golden Spike was right by my high school. Lots of very good memories going there.

19. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Mark and Colin, congrats! (Jigger is a hero in my home....)
    Can't wait to see the big film! If we were a bit closer, we'd be there!
    Jigger, you takin' the new wagon tonight?

20. guiseart

guiseart

wish we could make it man, thanks for the invite.

21. swervin

swervin
    from Omaha, NE

I'll be there in spirit, man! :D

22. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My 14 year old nephew and his pals were the first ones at the first showing this morning here in Detroit. They loved it. You should have seen his eyes tonight when I told him a couple of HAMB guys worked on the movie. He wants your autographs.....I'm serious.