Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dare to be different, really dare.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisp, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Sailor

Sailor

1955. They had single headlights up until 1967 when they god the double ones under glass (at least here in Norway called aquarium-headlights). Other than that only details were changed. I think the the all fiberglass roof was unpainted and without any headliner the first years so that a dim light came through it. Otherwise a shitload of sci-fi details. The hydropneumatics are actually amazingly reliable to.

I think this looks to be bitchin project. Thumbs up from over here.

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I like it. Not H.a.m.b. material but you have some skills.

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

That thing is FRIGGIN awesome ... my mind is going 90 MPH trting to figure out how to make something out of domestic ... sacreligious? Or too fuggin cool.

4. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Nice work- and lots of it! Keep us updated....... cool!

5. DS is one of the coolest cars ever! Citroen had very advanced engineering. There is a wrecked DS in the Pick & Pull by me and I scored the steering wheel out of it ( they are super cool!). I LOVE what you are doing and can't wait to see posts of the completed car!

6. nexxussian

nexxussian

Kinda OT but how about a Bike motor in the green 66B car? Either a cammed up V twin for the lumpy idle, or an inline for the high RPM scream. You know, the kind that gives you ear bleeds.:eek: Either way a car that looks like that should be built to HAUL ASS. IMHO:D
    Of course whatever you could shoehorn into it (like a blower for whatever's there?) would be good. I'm not familiar with Citroen though, one of the few import brands I have never seen here. Saab's, Jags, Ferrari's, Maserati's, Lotus' (Loti?), TVR, even a Marcos. But never Citroen.:confused: So maybe it has some rip roarin vintage F-1 based 'plant in it already?

7. chrisp

chrisp

The only engine I wanted to swap was the Maserati V6 from an SM, I even found a donor car, but the old lady chose to pay a junkyard to pick it up instead of me paying her to pick it up, figures...
    There were in the 50's and 60's an italian and a french blower available for the DS, I've seen only one in my life and I know of 2 convertibles so equipped, those things are super rare and super expensive, so I'm just keeping the stock lame hemi 4 banger, this is no race car and especially this project is already taking too much time, the other point to consider is that I have very little money to spend on it since my wife doesn't know about it.

8. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Cool project. Although it may not be HAMB material it still shows the hot rod kustom DNA lives .Nice work. All it takes is someone with a vision. And maybe alot of tools .....................

9. chrisp

chrisp

Can someone precise their idea when they say "not HAMB material", cause I still don't get that one, their are other 50's/60's cars posts, other "imports" posts too, even low riders. This one just combines the 3 (even if I don't consider it being a low rider it still has the hydraulics).
    I'm not upset or anything, I just want to know.

10. To be honest, I was wondering too...The cars been round since 1955...And its about as Kustom as anything I've seen on here :rolleyes:

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Dont worry about it.

You are doing Trad Custom mods to a Bodystyle that was introduced in 1955 ( OK, so yours is the Facelifted version....)

As long as we dont have several Citroen builds at the same time pushing everything else off the 1st page, I think its a nice variation.

Foreign cars were sometimes used to build Customs out of...

Here is a pic of Dean Jeffries' Porsche, and one of the Gullwing Mercedes Von Dutch painted...

Attached Files:

12. nexxussian

nexxussian

Ouch, mama don't know?!!! :eek: Hope she don't know how to run a 'Puter. Or found the internet, or at least this site. Good luck with that. Excellent fab work, especially for no money.

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That thing is gonna be cool .......and as a basic rule, I don't like french anything.

14. Very cool car, I love those old Citroens. And euro customs are cool, and they are most definitly HAMB material. There were guys driving tricked out Jaguars to the Salt in the 50's and 60's. Not to mention customized cars like Allards, Apollos, etc.

PS there are should be some Maser engines around, alot of those cars rusted out, and the engine is quite brillient. I'll ask around here (in NYC area) I know some folks who run those types of cars. You might also troll the Maserati sites, the same engine is in the Merak with all the hydrolic bits attached to the engine.

Good luck, MRAK

15. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

[​IMG]

here's the fastest Citroen! 230 at the lakes and 250 at Bonneville.

great cars!!

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thunder Frog?

I saw that car at Bonneville in about '95 or so...

17. chrisp

chrisp

Thank you, I think that the Barris's did a Simca with a V8-60 too, might have been the one I saw on E-bay a while back.
    My problem is the lack of money (understand wife) that complete SM was for $350 (I could've hide that), I usually see those engines not even complete going for way more than that, so thank you for your help but I will have to pass even if deep down I'd love to, heck a twin turbo 3 valve injected Merak SS V6 would defenetly make my day, but the reality is what it is, 4 banger it is.

Isn't that Thunder Frog red and for sale now?

Flipper, you're gona be my best buddy now, I love you:D

18. atch

atch

thunder frog (i think that's the name). green. BBC. very fast. very loud.

EDIT; ok, so i posted before i finished reading the thread. now i see that someone else has mentioned thunder frog. sorry.

19. Don´t even worry about the Maserati engine. A bad one supposedly costs around $25,000 to re-build.

Great project BTW - this is Hamb material for sure. Someone could have built this in the fifties, even if nobody actually did.

Please paint it a solid dark colour (like the illustrations).

20. ratster

ratster

Crazy! I Like It!

21. poorboy

poorboy

not my style, but the fabrication is impressive. Keep up the good work and to each their own

22. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Is that The one Clark W. Griswald Crashed in European Vacation, you go SPARKY, is it true they had Doe skin Interior in those as an option, I love it...keep up the killer work...very talented....

23. Sailor

Sailor

My thoughts exactly. Just got to add that Winfields "Reactor" was a radically rebuilt DS.

24. Hey Chrisp

Cool job, as I've already told you, but a little more congrats can't do much harm.

BTTT for the trad custom lovers :D

JzF

25. my grandpa used to drive those citroens one after the other ,most off them burned down (no joke ) i guess i can remember about 6 of those in my childhood ,i love them

26. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

27. kustomkolin

kustomkolin
    from Herts UK

Hey Chrisp,that is so kool.Great work mate.Love the hinged rear 1/4 panel.Its good to see folks thinking "outside" the box cos it brings variety to this krazy way of life(it aint a hobby!)lol.Keep them pics coming.Thanks,kol.

28. davesville

davesville

its so different its art. now go and put in a supercharged hemi viva la differance

29. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

we have one of those cars that races at maxton too,an old guy drives it down,races it and drives it home.
    it only runs 100mph in a mile,but hes having fun!

30. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I'd be hard pressed to say anything less than impressive work. Your platform for your work is also veryyyy unique - no shame in that!

Paco