Register now to get rid of these ads!

B'ville speedweek dates and arrival--what am I missing?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Everywhere I've looked, it says the 2007 speedweek is Aug 11-17.
    I'm driving out there, and will be on the salt (as a spectator) on Tuesday the 14th, heading back home Thursday the 16th.

36couper hooked me up with a room he's not using, and his reservation was for the week before. Today I got a call from the hotel saying everyone else was booking in for the week before, and she didn't want me to get out there and have missed everything.

I realize the pits will be the fullest on the weekend, but surely it's not a ghost town by Tuesday and Wednesday, is it?

Or am I totally missing something?

-Brad

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Our group is leaving Tuesday morning to head back home. The last time I was there it was the same thing. I personally can't rememebr any of my pals telling me they were staying later then Tuesday morning.

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

With 519+ entries and good salt I think you'll be fine. You will be behind most of the Hoopla over the first weekend, but any day on the Salt is better than........well, anything else.

Can't wait to get there,
    Ben

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

We will be arriving on Tuesday this year, from the past the "big boys" run on Monday and Tuesday's. Most the guys have broke something and are on their way home or have finished testing and tuning and are going for the BIG record by Tuesday. That is just what I have noticed in the past.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

BenD, if you read this. Jen wanted to know when you and the boys were going to be there? Rooms this year were a little tough to get, so we will be back halfing Bville.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Chris, does that mean that you and Jen aren't getting there till tuesday or so???

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Chris, We'll be rolling in on Thursday night and out on Tuesday morning I think. I am planning on bringing the T out this year.

Hope ta see ya'll.

7. ratstar

ratstar

There is still plenty of speeding going on after tuesday. The biggest part is probably the first weekend, but you wont miss any racing. Just more people to get in the way before that! lol

Oh but you will miss the most important part............THE HAMB KICK-OFF BBQ!!!!!

8. TV

TV

After getting in only 2 runs last year and it taking 4 days to do it, we are not showing up till Monday morn. We are hoping most will have broken or are all through by then. If we get through tech right away we could be running by noon on Monday. Anyway thats our plans. We have 2 cars to run and lotsa help, so this should be mucho fun. Stop by we'll grind a Margy with our hot rod blender.--TV (Black 27 T Roadster--Quick and Easy racing)

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I hope everyone is going home on Tuesday. That's when I'll get there. Might be a room by then.

10. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Last year in August it started to rain on Tuesday afternoon and was completely rained out by wed. If I remember correctly. I had left Tuesday morning so I missed it.....

11. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

Actually it was 2005 that got rained out. Last year there were still a lot of people there running all week. The lines were still pretty long til the end. Most of the spectators and hot rods are there for the first weekend. However, there is still a lot of serious racing that goes on until the last day. We hope to stay until the end.
    [​IMG]

12. Kiwidave

Kiwidave

This is great news for a first time person to B'ville. There are 10 of us kiwi's flying over for this big experience. We will be on the salt from the 11th to the 13th. Look for the guy's with the white legs as we're coming from our winter and is very cold.

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Yea, we will arrive Tuesday. I am sure that we will miss alot of people, but the room issue this year was a mess. So we said heck with it and are going to the Grand Canyon the first weekend and then driving north with a destination of Bonneville. Then back home on Thursday morning.

Chris

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:( Makes me sad :(

15. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

You'll get to see me. That makes up for it. Wayno

16. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

Ill be there thursday afternoon sometime and back out monday morning early. Damn work schedule.

17. so it sounds like we are not the only ones having a tough time getting a room.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well if YOUR going to be there I guess I really don't need to see ANYONE else.:D

19. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am looking forward to busting my Bonneville cherry this year too. I will be with the SoWhat crew arriving Thursday night (Hopefully) I think we are leaving Monday morning if I remember correctly.....

20. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I was told there are a record number of entrys this year so they are going to start running on the 10th...

21. Cword

Cword

We'll pull in on the 9th, tech on the 10th, and be ready to run after the earlier drivers meeting Saturday the 11th.

Going home isn't scheduled, never is, that's up to the weather and how well the hardware lasts.

Mike
    Shavin' the Beaver

22. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

No, the change this year is that they will open the pits on Thursday (9th) and start inspections instead of Friday morning. In addition, they will have the drivers meeting Saturday (11th) at 9:00am instead of 11:00am. They will start racing 2 hours earlier than in years past.

Another new feature this year is there will be 3 courses instead of 2. Hopefully it will speed things up.