Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blower hat a friend made

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kool Kat, Jul 16, 2007.

1. I agree, but I think the kids will enjoy it more.

2. Muttley

Muttley

Quick, someone photo shop that thing on to Liberace's belly tank.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ahh.........we can always count on Muttley:)

4. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

That is one of the most REDICULOUS things I have ever seen...

5. RWnitro

RWnitro
    from Houston

Hey Guys thanks for the response, The Good, The Bad and The ugly.
    The Hat is for 29 pickup Herman Munster Mobile with a 392 hemi.
    I am a Manufacturing Engineer and CNC tech.
    I own a small Hotrod shop in pasadena Texas stuffed to the hilt with tools and machinery.
    I am the Clutch And Supercharger Guy for Todd Simpsons Nitro FunnyCar.
    We run the IHRA and some of the NHRA national events so i get to see some crazy stuff.
    Besides Making a Car go from 0 to 330 in less than 5 seconds i repair the Aluminum blocks we blow the sides out of on a consistent basis.
    So i have learned to manipulate the Hell out of Aluminum.
    The hat was made out of strips of 1/4 T6 formed and welded together then ground to shape.
    I have just purchased a lot of equipment from a foundry so the next one will be cast.
    I am currently building one for my freind shaped like the woodpecker from Clay smith cams.(carbs)
    This skull uses a throttle plate that i designed in kahootz with bds EFI complete with ECM ,o 2 sensors and works really good.
    It sits between the blower and hat.
    The reason for the below hat mount is so i can use K&N filters to filter out the crap in the air here in Houston Texas.
    Check out www.Simpsondragracing.com Slide show

6. BtDt

BtDt

see the fuckin guy has tallent! something alot of these wanna bees can only dream of!

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

SEING PEOPLE TALK TIKE THIS MAKES ME WONDER WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON THIS SITE ANYWAYS. TRADITIONAL ISN'T "shit" !!!TRADITIONAL IS OUR HISTORY. THIS SITE IS ABOUT OUR HISTORY AS HOT RODDERS AND PAYING RESPECT TO THE ONES BEFORE US.

I AM TOTALLY AMAZED AT THE AMOUT OF TIME, EFFORT AND TALLENT THAT IT TOOK FOR HIM TO MAKE THIS "THING". I JUST DON'T THINK THIS IS THE PLACE FOR IT.
    THERE ARE PLANTY OF OTHER SITES OUT THERE FOR E.T. LOOKING SKULL BLOWER HATS.

JUST MY $.2

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sure there are alot of things you can do to a car that will get the general public's attention. That doesn't necessarily make it good.
    Most here are not interested in standing out or getting more attention in the public arena.
    The metal work is awesome. The talent is amazing.
    I laughed so hard I cried on some responses.
    the only thing I could see it belongs on is one of those comic shaped cars. Not hardly traditional in any way. Maybe we are narrowed minded in some ways.
    In fact, were skulls even an item seen on hotrods in the 40's-50's??

9. Seeing people type with the CAPS on makes me wonder if he reads what he writes before he hits "post reply". Thanks for your 20 cents!

While its a little over the top for my tastes, so too where a bunch of RatFink and Barris' cartoon cars.

I think its the "outside the traditional lines" posts like this that help define what does and doesn't fit in our "limited to traditional" mindset. I've seen plenty of intake setups posted on here that got rave reviews yet have no relationship to "traditional", weren't even thought of back when.

How about the 70's 455 junkyard post on page 1? Where is the traditional line drawn for power plant discussions? Is it because the block has ties to BB Buicks back in the day that is gets a pass? It doesn't look like a nailhead to me? Show me the lines mynameisnotpeter and then we can beat this one to death using upper and lower case!

s.

10. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

nice swdobbs!

+1

11. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

this site consist of 50% assholes, and 50% good guys, i believe all the assholes have made there post in here, give the guy credit for making that, you sure would like someone to like what you made by hand. so what if its not "traditional", its hand fabricated. some people have no respect

12. BtDt

BtDt

right on ol'skool29 ..WORD!<====notice i put it in capital letters for those who need it!

13. nrfleming

nrfleming

some things are just over the top. it took talent and resources to create that, both of which i dont have. its kinda like this coupe.

14. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

SORRY. I TYPE WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON. WITH WHAT I DO AT WORK I KEEP IT ON ALL DAY.

THAT DOESN'T TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT THAT I CAN'T STAND THE BLOWER HAT. IT IS JUST RIDICULOUS. IT TOOK A LOT OF TALLENT AND SKILL TO CREATE IT BUT I STILL WOULD NEVER USE
    IT AND WOULD LAUGH IF I SAW IT IN PERSON.

A 70'S 455 I CAN SEE USING BUT NOT AN LS1. BUT HEY IT'S NOT UP TO ME, AND I NEVER SAID IT WAS. I WAS JUST PUTTING MY THOUGHTS INTO THE PILE.

AND I DO READ WHAT I TYPE. BTW

15. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

yes, thats a good example, i do agree that most people here wouldnt want the skull on a hot rod, and the coupe isnt terrible, it just doesnt suit this board, but to say that it sucks and shouldnt have even been made, that is where they cross the line. i for one like that coupe, i wouldnt mind driving it, it would probably be a blast, look at the rear tires, tell me that wouldnt be fun to burn up. and the skull, if i had a crazy show rod, it would be neat to have on there

16. BTW go back and read your "pre 1064" in the 66 chev post. I think we all caught the reference you were trying to make, but who knows what point the newbie thought you were trying to make. No screaming caps on that one, must've been on a coffee break.

s.

17. 1 Hotrod

1 Hotrod
    from Wisconsin

Nice work. Lets see that woodpecker.

18. lmurf

lmurf

Heheheh...gotta say it... "Prozac ??"

J/k

19. I like the shit outta this coupe and would be drooling if it were athree window.

20. I thought the shape of it strongly resembled a typical Pro Mod or Nitro blower hat. Personally, I love it. So it's not traditional. So what? You think back in the 50's guys were concerned with tradition?

21. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I Don't Know Why Someone Can't Just State Thier Opinion With Out Getting Trashed Personally. Yes I Type With All Caps. Deal Wth It.

I Never Trashed The Guy. I Just Don't Think It Belongs In This Board.

Just My Opinion.

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I thought it was cool please rate me 50% what :D:D:D
    Dave

23. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

Traditional is not my history,my ancestry is my history..A damn car didn't give birth to me or raise me,so I don't really give two shits on a public bus if someone uses the term rat rod,or makes an air stack that looks like a sugar skull...I'll live and get over it,will you??By the way,a lot of us are on this site to meet some people that might be able to help us or might need our advice with some things regarding tech and fabrication...By the way,I don't see anyone knocking Barrsis' Ala Kart,and that ride is as outlandish as this hood scoop for when it was made..See my point??

24. Naw, I always said the AlaKart is fugly.

25. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

So check it out man... This is a website directly influenced by and for Traditional Hot Rod Culture. This guy (as in anyone) cannot expect to to post a Skull/Alien blower scoop and expect not to have people rag/poke fun at it (no matter how good the craftsmanship)..... It would be like if a 8 sec turbo Civic was posted on here(God Forbid) showcasing his engine and turbo building abilities. This place would IMPLODE if nothing was said. And I guarantee that you would "RAZ" that cat as well.... So Reverend Grimm, preach to someone else about his "metal fab"............

26. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

If that blower pissed you guys off so bad,why are you buying up all the custom cast shift knobs??Or anything Ed Roth influenced??There's a difference between razzing someone and telling them thier work is shit...If he can do that with aluminum,I wonder what he could do with steel??By the way,didn't know you were the H.A.M.B. strongarm to bully a person who doesn't join in on the gangbang trashing of someone who made something a little different,get bent asshat.I'm not some kid that's going to say sorry for calling out the unecessary trashing of a fabricator..Act your fucking ages,not your IQ's..

27. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

I agree,it looks like a cock with a set of square shaped nuts..

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

I didn't read this whole thread, but I'm sure that at some point the tide turned from comments about how goofy it looks, to saying that people are lame if they don't support the guy's creative effort and that he did it himself. Plus I'm sure that somone said that we'd like it if Roth did it.

Regardless, it's just plain silly. Oh, and I don't really like most of Big Daddy's cars.

29. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

30. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

hahahahahahaha Oh your in for it now.. The good Ole' Reverend is gonna give you some FIRE & BRIMSTONE.........