Register now to get rid of these ads!

*Pics* Model A build-lookout Chopperman!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sloppyseconds, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Heres another one I took that I forgot about!
    [​IMG]

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

man...i hate you!!! no really..i hate you!!!!:mad:

:D :D i cant get over how bootyful that is man!!! your color choice is nuts on bro~!!!:cool:

3. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Thank you...Im gonna be working on it everyday...I promise...Im still just shooting for GNRS.
    I just need to start my list off all the stuff I need to do...
    And some how I need to trick Skratch into getting over to my shop! Hint hint! hahaha

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I can see Skratch doing his magic. Yes yes yes!!!!

5. poorboy

poorboy

wow, congrats on building such an eye catching awesome ride! that thing is so bad ass!

6. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Ive been ding alot of wiring and trying to get stuff going on this, but tk a break to snap a few pics before interior goes in... so here ya go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Hey sorry, one of my buddys pointed out that some pics I took were in B&W....Sorry. I guess some of the photoshop guys can color them in or...hey print them out and let you kids color them in.

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sooooo Nice SloppySeconds. I actually like the way that the engine and the wheel colors play off each other in the first pick. I would keep the wheels that color. Anyhow it's top notch, can't wait to see the rest come together.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ooops. Just got to the end of the post and see that you have updated. It looks amazing. I see that you got rid of the wire wheels. Where exactly are the ones that you have off of? I don't think I have ever seen those. As for the rest of the car there is nothing negative to be said. Seats, Engine Choice, Edmunds Stacks and the Color. How could you go wrong with a Black Channeled A Bomb? Nice Job.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn. It is 1:14 am and my eyes must be bleeding because it looks black but now I am seeing a deep blue right? Well forgive me for the last post in getting the color worng. Anyways I love the blue too! Give me a couple more minutes on this damn computer and I am liable to post again saying how much I like the Deep Green paint job. That's it this knuckle head is going to bed so that I can give my bleeding eyes a rest. Beautiful "A" buddie.

12. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Rub your eyes no more...it is a dark blue. Those lights throw it off and the camera and even the color drastically changes in different lights. Its the half quart of Carbon black toner I put in it. Ill have a better color picture this weekend. I think Im gonna push it outside and work under the CA sun instead of that stuffy booth.

13. Damn, you're a soopa star. I keep coming back and marveling at this awesome project. When you mentioned "Carbon black toner", do you mean paint tint, and the color of it is "Carbon black" or is it actual toner like in a Xerox machine? I hate to ask stupid questions, but I'm not a painter and I know people have done weird things to paint and got spectacular results.

14. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

HAHA..There are no dumb questions....But the toner is carbon Black that is a toner for paint. Its what they add to paint to get it lighter or darker or yellower or purpler....different toners cuase different affects.
    K...well Im gonna get back on wiring...

15. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Did alittle work this week...All you guys who actually build your own cars know how many stupid litttle things yu gotta do...heres a few update pics.
    Cut and fitted the grille..
    [​IMG]
    Bent the cowl vernt arm...still alittle long and made the panel for the starter switches and lights
    [​IMG]
    Fitted the gas tank...not to happy with how the paint came out...gotta redo it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

So Im thinking about changing the seats....its nice that they are low to the ground, but even with padding they just dont fit me...If anyone know of any other seats or even a little bench let me know...BTW the seats should be out in a few days and on the For Sale section

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The seats you have do not fit the car!! You need buckets with diamond stitches.

18. The_Monster

The_Monster

Love the progress!
    Any early truck or van, up to the 60's - 70's had small bench seats without arm rests. reupolster and there you go for a small bench. For a bucket, Ive always liked the 65 mustangs. low back, low ground, fold down, no mechanical stuff.
    Keep it up!! looks great!

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

No he dosn't hahahahaha

Diamonds are too new for that car .,,Tuck and roll would be a better fit..its
    more pierod..

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

65 mustangs only work with Uncahanneled cars..Some van seats work
    but most of the time to big..

I know someone who had there upholstery done recently...wink wink,
    and the guy made his own seats.. they came out fantastic,,make the
    base out of wood and let the upholster do his magic..

Still looking good..

21. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Yeah Evel...thats what I was thinking about doing....I dont know yet...Got a few more important things to worry about other than the seats....

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ya I hear you...

I'm off to Ventura to go work on all the "Little Things" right now..

keep at it bro..you are almost done...

23. The Neophyte

The Neophyte
    from AZ

A real work of art! I would be afraid to drive that thing its soooo nice. Its great to see something so unique in the 21st century. I guess not everything has been done already.

I just gotta ask...what are those taillights from?

Colin

24. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

good god that is an amazing rod! very impressed man, can't take my eyes away from it! makes me that much sadder I missed out on a sport coupe this weekend!

25. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

The Taillights are off a 37 Chrysler Airflow.

26. evel is such a tease.

car looks awesome!

27. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

K...lights all work! got floorboards stained and bolted in. Still doing alittle body work on Gille and gas tank, trying to get it ready to paint. Will be working on finishing Exhaust and running the rest of the brake lines s I can at least stop this thing. If anyone wants to stop by and watch feel free Ill be at my shop both Sat and Sun.

28. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

maybe by toddlers have made me sit the the movie Cars too many times but i think your coupe is lookin at me

[​IMG]

Seriously slick car though, I've been watching this thread for a little while now and it's amazing to see you progress so quickly and so beautifully.

Great job and thanks for sharing.

29. Von Franco

Von Franco

Rockyjr that`s what I was thinkin kinda scary man lol..........
    That car rocks man thanks for the up dates........................

30. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Well...Im pulling out the seat this weekend, so there goes the eyes!!! Maybe that'll help you with your caraphobia