Register now to get rid of these ads!

picked up a 54 chevy today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billjoyal, Jul 11, 2007.

1. billjoyal

billjoyal

scored a 54 chevy belair 2 door today. Body real rough (being in upstate NY, lots and lots of salt.....hell my 2000 grand prix is starting to rust!) gonna use it for parts on my 53. Gonna use the windshield, passenger door and glass, drivers glass, headliner, taillights, and maybe some trim. If anyone needs anything I can take a peek and see if its on it. I got it strictly for parts there isnt a rocker on either side, the rear quarter on the left side you could stick a cat through it.....oh yeah its pretty shot. Interior besides headliner is shot. Still has the original rear end and transmission (3 speed?) it is standard shift on the column. Again, its a northern car, most of the chrome is rusty. Nothing on my 53 is chrome except for the bezel on the dash the rest is flat black for that reason. Eventhough the car came from NC, the grille and bumpers were gone. Reply to this post or PM me if you need anything. I gotta go pick it up yet. Haven't registered my trailer yet this year. Should have it home by the end of the week. On vacation all this week so I can run to DMV. Bill

2. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

what about the doors? maybe we can set up a relay on here for the doors to get them to me (northwest ohio)...i plan on doing a four into two conversion soon and those doors would save me A LOT of work!!!

3. billjoyal

billjoyal

Passenger door im keeping. The pass. door on my 53 the skin is peeling off. So i dont know if thats something you'd still be interested in. Lemme know

4. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

congrats on the score

5. How about a heater core? Mines got a leak and is fogging up the windows. Haven't been able to find one around here. Let me know.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice find. It seems like it takes most people 2 or 3 cars to build 1 that is pretty much complete. I'm from Buffalo, NY and I know that it is getting to be nearly impossible to find anything worth building around there. I had to scoop my '54 from South Carolina just to get a decent car minus tranny.

7. billjoyal

billjoyal

Yeah my '53 that im building i had to go to North Carolina to get and like you said no drivetrain. Mine had no motor or transmission. Someone had made some sort of motor mount setup for a SBC that they hacked up 3 pieces of steel and welded together to form a cradle, welded the SBC motor mounts on and stuck it in it and you could move it with your foot about 1/8" back if you pressed on it...needless to say, i cut that out and bought a kit through speedway motors that bolts to the 4 bolts around the timing chain cover and sits on brackets on the frame rail with pedestal mounts. But then again, the windshield was busted, the 2 side door windows were smashed, no interior at all, the door skin on the passenger door was peeling away, and had no bumpers or grille. got the car for $200 and the body is all straight minus the door skin peeling. Found an old 53 chevy in the woods where I hunt thats been there for years and i got the grille, bumpers, interior trim (around the windows) and some other things (i got lucky!!) lol I got this '54 at the right price too being the shape its in...body pretty rough....was gonna practice a chop on it........maybe

8. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

anything will help, lets try a relay