Register now to get rid of these ads!

Emergency: 32 Roadster Stolen In Redondo Beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Flatattack

Flatattack

I hope the pricks who did this aren't part of this forum.......

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Got some pics, from the Craigslist guy.
    It's not it either.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I repeat, these guys may not be as stupid as everyone thinks. I'd be checking parts too. Trying to sell the complete car would be really dumb and not usually done. Look for the engine and body parts to show up. I know it sounds sad to think of this car being chopped up, but that is what these guys do. They deal in parts, not complete cars.

Is there info on specific parts that could be looked for at swap meets or on ebay?
    <!-- / message -->

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

AND I repeat:::: We should explore every avenue. I agree selling a whole car is stupid, but thiefs are FUCKING stoopid.

5. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

All i can say again and again is thank you hambers.....i check for parts and cars twice a day for the rest of my live until i catch the bastards.....i even have great support from some buddies to have a replica buildt within months if it comes to that...problem is in a couple of weeks or so i have to deceide if i accept the money from insurance and then the car is theirs.....but i will not rest....thanks again marco

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Easy, man. No need to fly off. My last post was on a previous page. Not everyone checks back post. As a guy who's into cars, I care about this too.

While, it is stupid to steal a car, these guys don't seem to be stupid. If they were, we would be congratulating the car being found. I have worked for a recovery company and more than likely 24 hours after this car was taken, it was in pieces. This is a specialized vehicle. It's in the class of stealing an exotic. NO ONE is going to drive this around to a show or sell the whole car on Ebay. That is VERY wishful thinking. Think hardcore for a bit. What would you do if you had this car and it was hot? You sure as hell wouldn't go hang out at Bob's Bigboy!

Now, can the owner post a vin number and maybe an engine number? Those numbers can be put in a data base on the popular auction sites. That would help to at least find the guys.

Too bad ya got all bent. I'm just a realist, I guess.

7. Toystoretom

Toystoretom

This sucks...

I put up a post at my Rocket website... I hope Ryan doesn't mind just this once if I link to it.

I get several hundred hits a day worldwide (not quite HAMB size) so maybe .....You never know. I have buddies that can help spread the word at other sites as well...

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?p=17928#post17928

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

there is a deuce show up here at the end of July, with 32's coming from all over. We'll keep an eye out for your car, Marco. Good luck.

9. :( This is just plain wrong and sad! I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel. I hope that it turns up ASAP for you.

10. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

11. shanks

shanks
    from australia

thunder rod
    great lookin ride , and it pisses me off that some one has pinched your pride and joy ,,.
    best of luk recovering
    i really hope you see it again ... not much i can help with down here unfortuantly

12. billjoyal

billjoyal

eyes open in NY, you just never know how far this thing is gonna travel. Hope you get it back and soon! it sure is a beautiful car.

13. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

I hope these low-lifes get caught and thrown in the pokie. That is a great looking car, I hope it won't be parted out.

14. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

I hope they get thrown into the pokie and get pokie pokie from a large man thats built like a tripod

15. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

Oh well a week and nothing....at least i was able to find a new House to rent with Huge 3 Car Garage on Groundfloor...Mines will be placed around the Cars....never again Comunity Garages for me...

16. 60'coupe

60'coupe

So what city are you going to be living in Marco ?

17. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

yeah like im going to tell location of thunderrod 2 !

i know rob ur a friend...and soon i will have u over for drink and even ur car with fenders (pussy?) will have space there :)
    if i walk away with one damage it will be that i wont talk about my car much anymore if someone i dont trust asks me....dont get me wrong...on 4th of july i had my first year of living in the usa...and i have to say...nevermind politics....go to car shows and u will understand how great and giving the people here are .You guys can be proud of the car comunity you have here...i worked in 13 countrys....you guys rule the car comunity world by far.....just look what happend here with my car...and its not so much about marcos car its about a guy from the hamb car......a huge statement....unfortunatly there will always be guys out there not respecting ur property.........well i do not know anymore what to say u guys helped me alot....i think my car is gone....and i think soon i have to focus on number 2 and it will look like number 1...but i will let u know here....so i dont get my ass kicked when i park my car...lol...well what can i do to repay.....maybe serving cookies out of the trunk of thunderrod2 in paso could be a start......thanks again....im sorry i give up....i know i will always be looking and one day i will recognize some parts.....3 months and 2300 miles....says alot...i loved that car more then anything in my live currently...relax ...im single..lol......thanks all again.....Marco

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The car may or may not be gone, but you are a rich, rich man with many who care for you....thats as rich as one can get...

all the best...

19. Toqwik

Toqwik

Try going to ebay, search your are for completed auctions for anything similar. Maybe they plan to use yours for parts to build theirs. A long shot, but ya never know. Good luck....
    Scott

20. Hope you get your ride back because it is beautiful....so much so that it is very recognizable which should play in your favor.

If I see it on its way to NY I will stuff them in a bag and hand deliver them to ya.

Good Luck...

21. I hope you never have to wait this long, but on the Albuquerque news this morning there was a story about a guy being reunited with his 56 T-bird that was stolen 30 years ago. The car was just like new and it was found because the couple that bought it on E-Bay couldn't register it when it came back as stolen, and some good cop work by the locals turned up the owner. I'd rather that your car had already been found, but thought of you when I saw the story.

22. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester
    from AZ

I am so sorry to hear about your car being stolen. I do wish you the best in finding it but am worried as time goes on leads disappear.
    Take care and I am subsribing to this thread to see what happens.
    P.S. I am in AZ and will keep my eyes out for you.

23. ratrodtaylor26

ratrodtaylor26
    from Lorain, oh

well i dont know if it will ever make it this far but i am keeping an eye out and spreading the word in ohio. i wish you the best man. if i catch the pile of possum peckers who did this i will keep them alive enough so your face is the last thing they see.

dirt

24. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

That is shity , there been a couple of people how said they have seen it. I Hope he gets it back in a decent shape.

25. pikesan99

pikesan99

Another set of eyes in AZ.

If it's all right with you, I'll take a picture from your post and put it on my website with a message that it's stolen. (I have to ask for copyright reasons...)

PM me or email pikesan at MyRideisMe.com (replace the "at" with @ and remove the spaces)

I sure hope you get it back.
    Pike

26. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Just got a PM from fellow Hamber Imurf, he is willing to "up" the reward.
    Here is his PM.

Dreadman,

I would like to "Up" the stakes....post this on your write up here.

From my shop, I will GIVE a choice of a complete rebuilt ready to run 4-71 (Stock GM 4-71 conversion) blower OR a choice of a 6-71 complete ready to run (Stock GM 6-71 conversion) blower to whoever claims the reward Marco has up of $5000 with a successful return of that roadster.

This is the blower ready to add your drive components, and manifolds. The blower will be ready to run on your engine.

If you keep in touch with me with a successful return of the roadster and Marco end up paying out on that reward, I will let whoever turns up the car and claims that reward take a choice of either or blower...

Breaks my heart to hear of shit like this! You have my word on the blowers and just to point out, this would increase the reward value to $6250.00 with the offered $5000 already up there.

Lain www.fordflathead.com (I do all the blowers at our shop)

27. lmurf

lmurf

Just a sample for all of you on the blower I am offering to help out with the reward for Marco's roadster..

This is a sample of a 6-71 I do. The 4-71 if the person who helps with the successful return of Marco's car, chooses a 4-71, it will look the same.

You already know we have "eye" looking for this car in Colorado too...

BTW...Marco, are there ANY markings of any kind that if this pops up in a car show, that any of us HAMBers could be looking for... Say like an etched in somewere thing like... "Marco's been here" HA! You know what I mean, just anything small that "wouldnt be noticed" unless you were looking for it or??

Lain

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

Yeah there are some holes and small things i could recognize my car blind...but i dont want to give them up just yet....i mentioned some of them here already....like holes in trunk and dash and lefthand inner corner cut out....or how about the extra hole in the stacks with an alen key super small screw....soon i will face the next big dilema....if the insurance send a check and i take it...then the roadster is not mine anymore....and if i start to build a second thunderrod...and number one gets found ......well personaly i think chances are i see it one day on vacation in some other country or parts of it on other cars or swap meets in a few months or years......sucks in either case !

29. THUNDERROD

THUNDERROD

ohh and again lain as expressed in my email to you THANKS !
    Beautyfull piece of machinery !

30. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

pretty far east, but you never know. on the lookout. good luck.:eek: