Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. Stone

Stone

Nice trucks for sure.

2. MotorBike Mike

MotorBike Mike

You kow how all of you buddies (or your self) walk around your truck and bash thier shins into your hitch? Well imagine the damage those tail lights are going to do to some poor soul!!! hahahaha

Mike

Attached Files:

• C-10.jpg
      C-10.jpg
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views:
  3. jon_p

jon_p

yeah, those suckers drew blood within days of being installed (not mine yet...). Neighbor actually commented one day on stumbling into 'em coming home from the bar. I got the 'oh shit I'm getting sued' look and the neighbor just said she shouldn't have been that drunk next to my truck. good neighbors!

here's some updated pics. engine still messy from the fire, but nothing crispy.

jonp

Attached Files:

4. 31aBoy

31aBoy

Anyone running a BIG Block Chevy and headers? If so, which headers are you runnin?

5. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Holy cow I can't believe this thread's still going. I've been away for a while and not able to check in.
    Thanks for the compliment. Made it me own self. The star is from a '54 Ford and the shit around it I made and had chromed. If I can ever get around to bringing the truck up from San Diego, gonna try and make the Primer Nats this year.
    Lotta good lookin' trucks out there. Keep 'em comin'.

6. Ramblux

Ramblux

I ran some Gibson headers (I think they were Gibson -- it was a while back) on mine, I think they were for a newer dually. We shaved the frame down some to make them fit, but they were still wedged in there.

Just found some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. LeeKustoms

LeeKustoms
    from earth

really crappy picture...but heres mine 66' c10....327 with built up fuelie heads and 4speed...ran like a raped ape. yanked the motor and tranny out of it and its going in a model a roadster now. and the trucks just sittin out back now.
    [​IMG]

8. dixiedog

dixiedog

Here was mine - sold it the beginning of the year to pay bills, thanks to some deadbeat clients that tried to stiff me:mad:.

The posi in the rear made getting sideways a blast, by the end of that day the rubber was gone from rear tie and was hissing the air out, it barely made it in the shop before it went flat:D:D

Attached Files:

9. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

My 1963 shop truck just like I like it short and wide.:D

Attached Files:

10. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

My 1963 shop truck just like I like it, short and wide.:D

Attached Files:

11. 65chevytruck

65chevytruck

Here's a couple of my 65 4x4 chevy truck. vortec crate engine, 35in baja claws, disc brakes up front, just needs a new paint job and a new front bumper since someone clipped to corner of it when parked. I'll get some pics of my other 64 4x4 later when I go to my parents house tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The Bopper

The Bopper

Haven't worked on it for the last two years......to many projects.
    [​IMG]

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

with less then 10 test drive miles on it, Shaun ( thekid54 ) drove his '62 to Paso and back.
    without a bed no less!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jchav62

jchav62

Love it! Nice truck...

15. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love this thread. A 60 or 61 Apache is the one for me. Short fleet side, dropped into the weeds, suede finish (or maybe metal flake roof...) Mexican blanket seat cover, ape shift handle, straight six with split manifold, big steelies with dog dish caps and wild pin striping. I've built this in my head 1,000 times. I also like the wild old aluminum toppers from the 60's - nice framed pictures of fishing, curtains on the windows. It's tough finding one that's straight - but a bit of polishing and it would be the thing.

16. badriand

badriand
    from tx

What is a good size tire for a 15X7 rim that is on a 66 truck? Was wondering before i put a 4 or 5 inch drop on the front and back. Thanks in advance.

17. brandon

brandon

this is my old 65 custom....mild drop ...6 banger and a 3 speed....last seen heading towards a new life of 18's and 20's....and candy orange and silver paint....and a new 383 .....brandon:D

Attached Files:

18. badriand

badriand
    from tx

Mine i bought about a month ago on the right, plans are to drop paint etc. I currently changed the front drums to rotors and installed a booster with dual cylinder. The other is my buddys. Both trucks have 350's with 350 turbo tranny's.

Attached Files:

19. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

Nice skull in the grill!

20. jchav62

jchav62

I'm running 15x7's with a 215-65/r15 tire. It's dropped 4"...

21. badriand

badriand
    from tx

thanks jchav62 is that the size running in your avatar?

22. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

He don't need no stinkin BED!:D

23. Sup shaun? I am the guy that traded you my gmc hood for your gmc hood..I am hating on you right now..hahaa that truck is way to cool ...Keep up the good work...

24. thekid54

thekid54

Thanks dude! Still have more work to do. I have to fab up some inner-fenders and hood hinges and get the bed on there. How's your truck coming along?

25. Thats awesmome bro cant wait to see the outcome of it when the beds on..As for my truck its comin along aiight..I ended up buying drop coils but that shit was expensive..I would have been better off cutting them for the time being till i could see about baggin it..but its lowered 3" front and 6"rear..NOt low enought for me!haha..but need to get things done with the engine to make it run better but other than that its a nice cruiser..I love the straight six in your truck i would rather have a 6 than a v8 which is a 350 i have..but yea i hope i can see that thing on the road or at a show sometime...Ttyl...and tell your buddy with the 54 chevy that i said Sup?

26. ratrod60apache

ratrod60apache

anymore? how about some 3/4 tons?

27. That sucks, that was a sweet C-10. :|

28. mugsy

mugsy
    from San Diego

Nobody wants a C20 'cept maybe if you're hauling alot. Too big a pain to look cool. And too big a pain in the wallet for parts, i.e. brakes and suspension. Not to mention the huge Eaton rear with a 4.57 makes it difficult to do over 65 mph. If you stick with the 8 lugs, your choices for wheels are ugly modern rims or a stock steel in 16" (try finding the right size bias with a decent load rating!) or 16.5" (still a common tire size and good for a 3/4 ton).
    All this being said, I've gone to fairly substantial lengths (most folks are less retarded than I and just buy a C10) to have a cool looking, driveable and functional C20. It's still very much in the works. Currently adding front airbags (back is already bagged) and then may finally get around to paint. Mine is a few pages back. Primer gray with a diamond shaped grill.

29. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

This is my 60 C10....

[​IMG]