Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

It's about time I join this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself and my hotrod and say Howdie. Some of you may already know me from the clubhotrod.com forum "deuce den" area.

[​IMG]

My name is Faith, I am in my mid 30's (close enough ;) ) and I own a nostalgic 1932 Ford Roadster Hiboy.

Most of you who are local to L.A. already know me. I'm pretty much everywhere, Bob's Big Boy every Friday, the Rock store on sundays, car meets, car cruises, car shows, car anything. Paso, LACR, El Mirage, GNRS, Deuce week, you name it, I've been there, done that. My roadster doesn't have a top and that's how I like to drive it, year round. I've been known to drive it under the rain to make a car event. Granted this is So Cal and it doesn't rain all that often, but trust me when I say this: I've ben rained on on more than one occasion, to say the least :) .

My deuce and I roam the streets of L.A quasi constantly and although I don't race, I recently got caught peeling rubber on television :)) ooops) . That was at the Memorial Day Parade down Sherman Oaks Blvd. I did about 50 or more burn outs in the 10 block parade route :D . The crowd cheered and the cops watched and smiled, one of them even gave me a thumbs up. Well, how cool was that? :D That was FUN.

Otherwise, I drive safely and avoid freeways like the pest. My hotrod is nostalgic and since buying it in the summer of 2006 I have done a lot of work to improve it, some of it myself and some of it with help from my friends (I'm still learning) and have pretty much turned it into a near period correct 1955 hotrod. I still have a few things to modify but overall, it's pretty close. I really really love working on my hotrod. I recently prepped it up for painting and was sanding for about 2 weeks straight. I sanded so much and for so long I sanded my thumb nail down into the flesh - and didn't even noticed I had done it. Needeless to say, this girl doesn't have fake nails. Heck, this girl doesn't even have any nails left at all :D...

In the Winter of 2007 I have set out to make a full feature indie movie "Deuce Of Spades" about Johnny Callaway, a hotrod legend that rocked the San Fernando valley and the Saugus dragstrip between 1952 and 1955. Don't bother googling his name, you won't find anything about him, he's a fictional character ;) . Here is a photo of him and his best bud Art, sitting in the Deuce Of Spades on September of 1955 (well, not "really" but you get the point). I took this candid shot at a recent cast meeting, and note that for the movie, the 1970's dated Dan Fink windshield will be removed, and Johnny drives the Deuce of Spades without any windshield at all. Windshields only slow you down, well at least that's what he always says.

[​IMG]

I promise you he will rock your world when the movie comes out. The film is a drama, will be a little over two hours long and has a very strong plot. It takes place in 2007 but has a lot of 1955 flashbacks in it. A lot of work went into making sure everything was historically accurate. Down to the smallest details. Down to the fateful oak tree at the end of the strip. Yep, it did exist and still stands today and we even found it! Of the dragstrip, however NOTHING remains. I have completed pre-production and started production (aka: filming) about 3 months ago. Some of you may have seen me filming on location at El Mirage, Paso or even LACR. You can check out the movie here:

www.deuceofspadesmovie.com

and even see some production stills of some of the footage.
    I really could use more cars and locations, so if you can contribute please contact me.

Well, that's about it for now, you can see photos of my hiboy at www.myhiboy.com but I'll post a few here for your viewing enjoyment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Muttley

Muttley

That car rules.................welcome to the HAMB.

3. Sweet ride. Welcome!

4. Hi,
    saw you and fictional friend at Bob's last Friday, good luck with the movie.
    Nice roadster, BTW are you the same girl that dresses up in the girl sailor outfit to do pinup shots at carshows?

5. Barz51

Barz51

6. 54BOMB

54BOMB

that car is rad

7. Boynamedsue

Boynamedsue

nice duece, good luck with the flick.

8. rodknocker

rodknocker

I'm in love, with the car that is.

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...oh no...not another deuce owner here on the hamb...:rolleyes:

Welcome Deuce Hamb Club member # 152...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Like it a lot. Welcome aboard.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT intro, nice looking car. Welcome to the HAMB.

REAL hot rod gals ROCK!:D

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

well, welcome, can't top that.

13. asher

asher

welcome to the HAMB

14. slammed

slammed

Wow. Perfect-o car and pic's........soon to be star.

15. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

NIIIIICE!.

Doc.

16. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Great intro, great car, makin' a movie...so are ya' single ;)

17. Great intro. Welcome!

18. Welcome to the HAMB.

At first I thought this was a prank post, until I saw your other sites.

Let's see.........intelligent, beautiful woman, hot rod savvy, beautiful car........ever think of moving to Tennessee?:eek:

Now there's three of ya.

Thank you, Lord.:D

19. RatBone

RatBone

Faith! Your here finally! For you guys that dont know, Faith is more of a hot rodder than most guys I know. And a lot better lookin! Check out my link below and scroll down to see her!

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Damn that just looks and sits right...
    Welcome aboard!

21. Welcome to HAMB land. Nice roadster.

22. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Yes and no, yes I am the one who was wearing the sailor outfit, but I was wearing it because we were filming a scene from the movie, in which I do wear that vintage 40's sailor top etc... The pin up shots were accidental, a friend saw me in the sailor outfit and then asked me to pose in front of his car, and then we decided, what the heck, let's film that as well, maybe we'll use the footage in that scene.

In short, I am not a pin up girl (or at least, rarely).

23. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Moving out of my sunny ride-your-roadster-all-year-round California? Miss the next SCTA El Mirage meet? Not go to Bob's Big Boy on friday nights? I would probably shrivel up and die :)

On another note, thank you for the kind compliments, maybe not deserved 100%, but heck, I'll take them and run :).

24. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Yep :) - guys can't keep up with me HAHA! But seriously, yes, I'm the lone wolf right now, just me and my deuce.

25. Howdy! And you're most assuredly welcome to drive around, as you say you do, with your top off! Nice car and photos.

26. seldom scene

seldom scene

Welcome to the HAMB, I met you in Paso Robles.
    I hope you will find we are not "idiots.com" around here , and you will meet the other hot rod girls.

27. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Oh we met in Paso? Remind me who you are, what car you drive and how we did meet, so I can figure out who you are... I have met so many people over the last 4 months it's all a blurr... but I am good at remembering faces and situations.

28. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Ahh Northen Skink, thank you for that naughty post, it clearly demonstrated that I needed to edit my initial post, before I got too many innuendos of the likes ;) . DONE.

Well now, I see you are from Twin City, Minnesota, did you know that that's where my hotrod is from? No, no kidding!

29. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Nice intro....
    nice ride....
    looking forward to the movie.
    Keep us updated.
    Did anyone tell you, part of your initiation into the HAMB is you have
    to post some semi-revealing photos of yourself.
    We all did it......no really.... =)

30. Hi Faith. Good to see you here. Keep us up to date on your film project, please.

Chili Phil, the guy with the old faded red Olds hardtop. (To keep you from wondering where I met ya)