Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some Bobber Trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrManz, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

mmmm. I likey.

2. Painterman

Painterman

Here's mine so far. It's getting there.

Attached Files:

3. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Well this thread has A LOT of interest!

To me, what these trucks show is that anything can be built to look like poo and anything can be built to look right-on, no matter what you choose to call it. But I'd save the Bobber discription for the originals - bikes.

For my money, this one's close to perfect, but it's just one man's opinion.

Thanks, McKee.

Attached Files:

4. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I just bought an extremly solid '46 Chevy big truck. Already disassembled.

I hate to say it, but compared to the pile of rust that makes up my '37 Cab, it looks pretty good. Even if it does have the whole "stepped" firewall/cowl look.

5. crap! bored! wish I had it!:D

Wagonman71 likes this.
  6. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I used to think of them as sort of an entry level, cold weather T bucket. Most of the earlier built ones I'd seen around here looked like the "blacksmith's apprentice" had put them together. Have to admit that they have grown a little on me tho. There are some nice looking well built vehicles in the pics in this thread.

7. McKee

McKee

Here' another kind of bobber!

Attached Files:

8. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

McKee, she's best known for her knobber.

9. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

Dude you couldn't be more wrong. there is always a way to be original. always! that's the most depressing thing i've heard all day.

10. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

perfect example of originality in the NOW. but i guess Omaha is really fucking lame so they have to use their imaginations.

11. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Well I like Pork! " Bobber " 2 or 4 wheels I like em - lb+1

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Mine I just sold two months ago. It is a 39 not a 40, but same idea. I like the path it was headed, but needed money for my f.e.d. project.

Attached Files:

13. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

hey is this the link where the Coupe and roadster guys are buying us all fenders?

Mine has been on the road since 05' and I did not see Rudy's truck until months after I finished mine. I haul with it: parts, engine block, transmissions, and a few times a couple of ice chest. And I put it on the track (well before I started have transmission and shifter issues)

As for comfort it is alot easier to ride in mine, than my buddys chopped model a sedan, on a long trip

I also thought this was about having fun and trying to be safe about it.

Attached Files:

14. llewellyn

llewellyn

Rudy inspired my truck so much so that i scaled mine to be the same dimentions as his.

Attached Files:

15. 55 on bags

55 on bags

got a question my buddy got a 37 ford pick up what is a good rearend to put on it if I am running a 15/10 /16 wheel

16. Please don't call this style of build a Bobber Truck:rolleyes:

17. hatch

hatch
    from house

NO shit...I am really tired of the "watering down" of the english language.....maybe we could call them "Hero Trucks"......Hero seems to fit just about EVERYBODY these days.....Hey....that guy is in the military....must be a hero......no wait....I saved a guys life by handing him a screw driver so he could adjust his idle and not risk the lives of the people in the crosswalK...I'm a HERO....and I drive a BOBBER TRUCK.....and own a Harley FATBOB....I'm saving for a STREETBOB, but really want a new Shelby Mustang, or a cool CHOPPER from OCC.

It's a HOTROD>>>>>not a bobber.....and it just may suck...or not.

18. Darren M.

Darren M.

I'll tend to agree with everything in your post BUT that line. ANYONE who puts his/her life on the line for this country, Cook to front line grunt, Fireman to dispatcher, is a Hero/Heroine in his/her own right. You can call BS on ALL that other shit. But I'll ask you to NOT disrespect those who I owe a great debt of gratitude.

(I'm sure you meant no disrespect. Bless your heart.)

19. lilbill

lilbill
    from arkansas

I gotta go with hatch on this one. just being in the military/police/fire dept etc. does not automaticly make you a hero. To be a hero you need to do something heroic. The fact that under some circumstance you may be put in danger means zip until you prove yourself. BTW, I'm a decorated combat disabled Vietnam Vet and I'll put my flag wavin right up against any mf.

and I like all hotrodded trucks, even those hippity hop stereo blasting things the kids are building these days. it's all about making it whatever flips yer burger.

20. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Sweet!

21. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

22. Custom54

Custom54

Like Skippy said, after Rudy there were maybe 3 that were built right, the rest junk. This is one of the 3 .... it's bad ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

24. Nightshade

Nightshade

From the first time I saw that truck in an ad I decided it would be my inspiration for how I design my truck. Not going to copy it but just the stance and general build just flows well and the bed isn't cut so short as some of the other examples I see.

I think it's like anything else though, it has all been done before for the most part, the main differences are the paint, how much something is getting cut and who the owner or builder is. Aside from that it's been done.

25. Retro61

Retro61

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Individuality & personal taste, that to me, is what this car thing is all about! I personally fell in love with Rudy's truck, and it inspired me to build one myself.Mine rides decent, is safe, and i'm having a ball! And really don't care what other people think about it!!If you don't like it, (the style) don't look at it!I built my truck over a three year period, for a really decent price. With about every build out there, they were inspired by another vehicle, whether it be another '49 Merc, '32 Ford,or Model A. Yeah, i agree on the safety factor, but if it's built safely, and you can afford it, Build it!!
    But, that's my opinion! My dad always told me: ''Opinions are like Assholes" everybody's got one!Some just smell worse than others!!!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

26. Exactly! I really dont like all the cars I see at the shows and gatherings, but I dont have to.

It's all about doing what YOU wanna do and liking what YOU like.

FWI, not that it matters, but I dig the look of the trucks, crap, I like to see creativity and metal work on anything.

viva le' HAMB

27. bigken

bigken

Hatch - your dead nuts ON. Bobbers are BIKES.
    Sweet flatty by the way, YOURS?

28. Madmaxx

Madmaxx
    from Omaha, Ne

It is hot rodding!!!! Telling someone their ideas are crap is B.S.
    That is like telling Ed Roth his cars were crap. just let the hobby/business/lifestyle grow. If you don't like it, move on to the next rod.
    That is what is nice about this stuff!!! So many different ideas, styles, functions, etc.
    Just build your own rod like you like it.
    Cars are an expression. Just like kids and their ricer civics, or the "Donks" (if you don't know.... don't ask), or the lifted trucks.
    It is an expression of ones passion. It is how they like their vehicles.

Personally, I LOVE trucks and I think these "bobbers" (if that is what you want to classify them as) are friggin awesome!!!!

Build on!!!!

29. Hate to tell you, but that isn't CUSTOM54'S truck,so he isn't patting himself on the back!:rolleyes:

30. Custom54

Custom54

Ya, thanks 29bowtie, the truck isn't mine, I didn't build it and never driven it .... it's my buddy ratstu's, and I still think it's killer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.