Register now to get rid of these ads!

Surf wagon build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fergenboysinc, Jun 15, 2007.

1. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Im in South Dakota and the waves are getting big! Ya right......Any great ideas for this thing? Im thinking about lowering it and putting cragars on it for starters.
    [​IMG]

2. Dougan

Dougan

Depending on the look you are going for, I would put on a set of chrome OEM wheels (NO NOT SMOOTHIES) and some spider caps.

If you are wanting Cragars, I would not lower it. Put some spring spacers in the front or even some raised spindles for the low buck gasser look.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, good lookin' 56. Good luck. Keep us posted on progress.

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

On Lake Francis Case in south eastern SD I've seen 15 foot waves break on a boulder point that could be surfed.I've seen the waves not let boats out of the bay.If the wind is blowing strong out of the north west, surfs up.Oh, by the way,thats a fine wagon you be rolling in.

4. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Take a side view pic and let the PhotoShop guys have at it. When it's done, take it out to the Oahe resevoir at Pierre, used to body surf on the waves there when I was a kid.

5. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Here ya go PhotoShoppers. Im heading out to the driveway to start messing with it now.I will post pictures tonight.
    [​IMG]

6. bztech

bztech
    from KC

Good looking wagon! Body looks amazingly clean for that part of the country. Whats the deal with the weird paint fade in the middle of the rocker/door jamb? I'm guessing some patch n paint work except the roof matches the rear quarters.

I'd dump it a little but not alot. Cragars are ok if your going for the 60's socal look but overdone on shoeboxes IMHO. I dunno... really depends on the direction you wanna go. I like the non smoothie caps w/ www's maybe. Wagons are tough.

7. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

if i was you i would sell it tp me

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

AWWW Those cars are crap. I just happen to have several acres here where I let people bring stuff like that to rest in peace. In your case, since I feel sorry for you I'll come get it.

9. Z48LT1

Z48LT1

Some tires that occupy more of the wheel wells than the ones that are on it would be an early priority for me. The front mag seems appropriate and if you could get enough for a matched set you might get by for cheap. Drop it and clean up the multi-hued paint job and you'd be good to go.

JM$.02USW

Cheers -- Gary

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

surf's up! hang 10 dude. nice looking wagon. love those tri-five chevy wagons

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

Reminds me of
    Newbomb Turks "Pie Wagon"

I say. drop it 5 /4

Black steel wheels, wide whites ..

I love them long roofs

12. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

The car came from Cali. to SD in 1976 so its pretty clean but the front floor pans have rust in them and the tailgate is rough. I got it from a body man that was going to keep it "forever". and he started at the front. The paint code is 710 witch comes up for both colors you see on the car.Why he didnt stop and get the right color is goofy but whatever. Im giong back to the original blue-er color thats on the back. I gotta get back to work or you guys will think Im a slacker if I dont produce some pictures later. Later

13. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

heres all i know how to do
    [​IMG]

14. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

hell that looks way cool...thats all ya need

15. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Damn! it looks two foot longer. Im on lunch break..... Tires are on. Time to start choppin.

16. belair

belair

Just freshen up the current colors, put matching wheels on it and live large! Great car.

17. J.Barrett

J.Barrett

straight axle, fenderwell headers,?

find a set of front wheels to match the rear, spider caps.

18. Very jelous, way cool start for a project. :cool: Go to a book store and find "The book of Tiki" by Sven A. Kirsten. Betcha you can snag allot of idea's from it. By reading up on the whole culture behind it , you will get a whole new perspective.
    One Idea I got from the book was to use bamboo roll up window blinds, from Lowes or Home Depot as a wrap around my Tiki bar. Comes in diffirent widths and for cheap you could go crazy inside with the headliner or floor mats or ???? Maybe find some Bamboo, slice it in half and adapt it as side trim?? Or fabricate a roof rack. EVERY cool surf wagon MUST have a roof rack to mount your longboard.
    How 'bout a light olive green and tan 2 tone with matching/pinstriped steelies? Come up with some original/exotic cheeseball tiki item for center caps??? Be original.
    Can't seem to find more pictures of wagons. Good luck, we'll be looking forward to a follow up. Use this post for additions and we can subscribe to it.
    JT

Attached Files:

19. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

20. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

take a pic with the new wheels & ill lower it again

21. Paul Y

Paul Y

Paint the wheels that are on it black, add WW spider caps and lower to taste....

Ahhh. Perfect.

P.

22. 650hellcat

650hellcat
    from tejas

How about some 44" swampers?? j/k love the wagon have one myself straight axle, cragars and fenderwell exit headers look mean.

23. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Well..... here is what I came up with so far. Its now time to drink a beer. Thanks for all the input.
    [​IMG]

24. Wild_47

Wild_47

I like the look. If anything I would just paint it and enjoy.

25. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Can someone blue the front and white the roof and leave the fin white too?

26. Thumper

Thumper

Yeah.......thats the ticket, fresh paint and roll on.

27. Big Dad

Big Dad

I like it just like it is fergster ..:cool:

Don't even paint it, DRIVE IT !

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I want to see a pic of the chevy swb that was in the background shop

29. Big Dad

Big Dad

think there is build pics of truck on his website

www.fergenboysinc.com

never mind the empty keystone cans ..

30. 47bob

47bob

FYI: In So-Cal in the 60s surfers were heavy into white steel wheels and blackwalls. Personally I like the Cragers. Oh and plenty surfboard decals on the back side windows. .....Bob