Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a 40 Ford style steering wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 15, 2007.

1. I may be wrong but I thought someone made a 40 Ford style steering wheel that has a 15" diamiter and fits an original splined column,,,much like the original wheel.

I was planing on using a nice 39 banjo wheel but I think I would lose skin on my knuckles everytime I turned the 17"wheel

Before someone points out that a 39 column and a 40 are different,,,yes I know,,, and I have already pressed the 40 bell from a junk column to replace the smaller flaired one.HRP

2. i think the limeworks wheel is 16" with a keyed center.

3. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

It should be a taper and a key.. I have a NOS boat wheel that looks like a 40?

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I have a Limeworks 40 wheel and yes it is tapered and keyed like an original. They make very nice wheels. If you call them to buy one ask them if they have any "BLEM" wheels for sale. I bought one, it is a blem due to very small casting pits in the topof the wheel center. Would be perfect if you were going to paint it anyway, or in my case you dont even notice it unless you are right on top of it.

5. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Here is a not very good picture of my wheel.

Attached Files:

6. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

If you can't use that '39 banjo, I could use it for sure, I ve been lookin for one.
    Thanks

7. AllSteel34

AllSteel34

8. OLLIN

OLLIN

I was just asking this the other day. I am having the same problem, clearance issues etc. and I have a 40 deluxe wheel too, but it hits too close to the side and my legs. But I would hate to cut it or anything. I met a guy at the pomona swap meet who had them for $175 but I had already blown all my dough and plus he said he only sells at the swap meets. If I dont find a Hamber who sells them before the next pomona swap Im just gonna go look for him again. I can try and see if he will give his #, or maybe buy an extra one...