Register now to get rid of these ads!

new mag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOCO_LOUIE, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Save your $$ and just search Paisano Publications (rebelrodz.com) and just have fun clicking on each mag cover.

2. Conder

Conder

That one about Garage being a "scenester" magazine was upsetting. The other one about Garage being the "Cosmo for greasers" stripped my soul for all to see.

I have been humbled by said comments and will completely change my alliances. Fuck you Jesse and Dan, I know the real truth now. When will the magazine start reeking of perfume? I feel as if to be shirked. My image of Garage thwarted by the insights of "Real" hot rodders who don't need to read about each other, just the cars.

After all, does anyone ever restore an old hot rod or custom human being? Of course not. Millionaires and archival nerds go to great lengths to drag some "historic" hulk from it's nightmarish hellhole and spank it with love, money, love and more money. Tech articles on "how I did it" and beautiful photos and glowing referrals on the saintly act this "hardcore custom zealot" has performed. My god, it's beautiful.

But...saaaaaay, whatever happened to the guy who actually built the car? "WELL NOW HOLD ON!!!!!!!" the zealot may say. "I went to great expense to find that guy. He was living in the trunk of a Pinto breeding pugs for a living and I had to risk tetanus and salmonella just to shake his hand! I got my picture taken with him! He 'authenticated' MY amazing restoration and later I treated him to breakfast at Denny's."

Fundemental truths have been revealed. I don't know what I was thinking signin' on with you fancy la-dee-dah poofters. I'm getting a job with a real magazine that has pictures of cars and how to make them. Majority rules fuckheads!!!! Neeener neener neener.

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Breeding pugs in Pintos? Too small, no?

4. Conder

Conder

I've done it.

5. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

fuckin' the dog & selling the pups huh?

been down that road too lil buddy...

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

my favorite mag for a while was Tex Smiths Hot Rod Mechanics while it existed wish it was still going.

7. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

They put it in a bag for a reason. Its so that have to buy it to see whats in it. By the time you realize it sucks its too late, you already paid. The magazine felt like it was made by people who do not understand traditional hot rodding or the "scene". The magazine felt fake from the first page. my 2 cents

8. I HATE THAT!!!I have a good magazine supplier,she puts opens one example of each "sealed"mag out for people to check through before buying.But i think you are right about anything from Piasano Publications needing a bag.

9. The Dude

The Dude

I bought "Rebel Rods" today, just to give it a chance, ya know the maybe it will suprise me kinda buy.

I will not be buying another, that was $6 down the hole.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i was at Barnes & Noble today,,,i saw the latest REBEL RODZZ,,someone had already opend it,,so i checked it out.,,,i cant comment on the articles because i didnt read anything,,just flipped through the pics..,, the pics looked pretty decent..,,,but i guess anything looks good when its sitting next to ol skool rodz,,,:D

11. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

I just got suckered in and bought issue 2. They package it in a bag so you can't really take a look at in the store.

My thoughts on it:

Cheaply made (paper materials, cover, etc...)
    Mainly a "rat rod" mag. No traditional hot rods or customs
    Poorly written articles
    Trashy women
    Basically a crappy version of Ol Skool Rodz

I won't buy another one. I will stick to the Rodders Journal, Tradional Rod and Kustom, and Hop Up. I need to try Kustom Illustrated.

12. Rem

Rem

Gotta be easier than breeding pigs in Puntos!

13. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I bet 90% of the people who read that won't know what a Punto is.

14. Yup...Looks like the guys who publish a long time motorcycle & tatoo magazines (a.k.a. Paisano Publishing) are trying to tap into our world with another magazine....Here's their link:

http://paisanopub.com/rebelrodz/

15. Is it the mexican version of one of these?
    [​IMG]

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Is that possible?

17. yblock292

yblock292

Plus now we have the new Hot Rod Deluxe rag.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fuck.... enough already fellas...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.