Register now to get rid of these ads!

dig up car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manacoem, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'll bet the folks at Forward Look are having conniptions.

2. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

bury boyd in it and dig him up in fifty years.:D

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

I say Boy Codpiece should show his worth and restore the car. I mean he's already taken his camera crew out there (and his fat checkbook no doubt).

Come on Boyd? Are you afraid that you can' t fix it mr super hotrod builder with a TV show and 15 wannabes to yell at????

... Boyd, We're all behind you on this one for sure. Tell you what, I won't call you anymore stupid silly names if you can earn your dinner.

Show us how it's done there super hotrod builder. You know you are a hero in some peoples eyes, you don't want to cop out and let all your fans down now do you?

4. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

cocklickston will prolly look at it and see one spot of rust and think its unrestorable.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

6. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

that thing would have been better off had they just sat it out in a field in the middle of nowhere....
    i mean, isn't that what most of our cars were doing for the last 40+ years and we're driving them....hehe.

but yea, let boyd have it so he can yell at his crew to do all the work while he sips his starbucks and then sell it at the Barret auction for 9,000,000,000,000$ :D

7. Uh oh, let me get my good clothes on. I feel a sermon coming on...:rolleyes:

8. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Atleast there wasn't any roadsalt that found its way into every crack and unwashable part of the body. No body flexing of working its way around curves for 90,000 something miles.

9. manacoem

manacoem

Didn't anybody ever hear of DRAIN HOLES ?
    Later Jerry (manacoem)

10. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

didnt they have plastic and sealent back then??? youd think that they would know concrete isnt water tight...

11. Didn't they ever hear of a sump pump...?

...or a garage...?

Anyone with a little sense would have left the lid a little above ground level and mounded dirt over the top.

I bet they even expected there to still be air in the tires.

I think they should re-use the hole for a Toyota Tundra and some government cheese...

JOE:cool:

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

if only id been born! they could have used one of my condoms and tied a know in it!problem solved!:)

13. Geez-lou-eez... :rolleyes: You hang on to that dream there Todd.;)

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

IT'S ALL I GOT MIKE!:(

15. The Big M

The Big M

They clearly should have encased the Plymouth in a giant Twinkie.

16. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I'd bet Todd is one of those guys who was THRILLED when they came out with different sized condoms. I can just hear him now... trying to impress a female...

"Yeah. (Bowing out his chest) I'll take some of those LARGE condoms ya got over there. And a pack of rubber bands too."

Wanna bet she was impressed?

17. EEZI

EEZI

First off, thanks to Crab for the pics and the eyewitness accounts.
    I hope they don't try to hide this and clean it all up before they "unveil" it. After all, we already know what a 57 Plymouth looks like in a restored condition. The whole draw for this car is to see what it looks like NOW, warts and all, after being buried 50 years. Gawd, I hope they don't try the old switch-a-roo like someone mentioned.

18. budd

budd

what a sad thing it will be if they dont show people what the car looks like just as it is, theres still time for the people of Tulsa to change the citys plans, the car needs to be sit down next to the hole and have the plastic pulled off for everyone to see, bring out your guns and "stand your ground"

19. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I agree, I could give a shit less what it looks like cleaned up. I want to see what it looks like as they are unwrapping it.

I am sure there are a few who seen it being wrapped who would give anything to say they seen it being unwrapped as well.

20. Squablow

Squablow

1957 worker "Won't increased road traffic damage the vault after 50 years?"

Other '57 worker "Shit Larry, cars are going to fly by 1974, don't you read Popular Science? And they'll be nuclear-powered too, that's why we gotta put this gas can in here so they can drive it when they dig it out"

21. SASROD

SASROD

someone mentioned that there werent any blacks in tulsa back then. I here there were lots of "boyds" though, maybe one of them got the winning ticket?

Attached Files:

22. 62_Galaxie_500

62_Galaxie_500

I almost didn't notice him in the pic! He must be immortal or something to not have aged since then... :D

23. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

its the grecian, or what ever that shit is that he uses to keep his beard as black as a tire.

24. bigmike

bigmike

The same crew that thought the firing order on a early hemi is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ?????? I wouldn't let them start my weed wacker!

25. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

I got photos of the test lift today! You could see the whole car!

ALSO,
    My videos made #1 On YouTube videos today! All 3 videos are in the top 10!!!

I'll post the new pictures and lifting video soon.

CRAB

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Attached Files:

26. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

Some plastic and polyurethane mixed with rust and goo..

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i used the rubber bands as weapons to distract her from everything else!;)

28. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

I'm diggin' that tear in the back corner of the bag and all the mud caked shit on that bumber and tail light..Even if the body and drivetrain held up,it ain't gonna start..The damn electrical will be rotted out and all the seals shot.."Hey man,I think you got a little water in your oil."

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

see the left rear corner..mmm lookin mighty rusty..but if it is intact and rusty can you imagine the dam nice rat rod you would have? just pump some wd-40 into the piston bores and let it set overnight and fire it up..lol..seriously tho..maybe its solid rust but totally intact..by that i mean not rusted thru ..? just serious surface rust.

30. Lookit all the freakin Camera phones!:D :eek: i wonder if the two fat cops were in Bagdad recently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.