Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser frame stub??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 650hellcat, Jun 13, 2007.

1. 650hellcat

650hellcat
    from tejas

Hey Everyone, I need some help. I recently aquired a 57 chevy 150
    2dr wagon with a straight axle. I dig the car but it is not set-up the way I would like it. Instead of fabbing a new front frame section someone who owned it before welded the brackets to the factory frame. Was this a common practice back then? I dont know if its setup right, didnt drive to bad down the highway after the trailer shit the bed out in west Texas(worst yet fun expirience). Anyways on with my question: Does anyone know of a shop or someone who will fab a front end for me in the midwest area? I'll be honest, Im not trustworthy of myself to try it and ruin a good frame and be stuck with a useless car.
    Thanks Guys,
    Scott

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Attached Files:

3. scrape

scrape

^^^^^
    dragrcr50 is the man!

4. 650hellcat

650hellcat
    from tejas

Nice work racer, I just love the black majic and godzilla cars. What would you recommend as far as parts goes. I tell you what I have, It appears to be a 48-54 chevy truck axle the steering is not cross steer. Would like to go with a 525 box and cross steer. Would need side motor mounts for the 406 also. What do you recommend for one of these setups. Pm a price for the stub install and possibly a rear leaf relocate. Once again, nice work man looking good.
    Thanks,
    Scott