Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok found custom truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Right arm ed, Jun 6, 2007.

1. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

EXACTLY what I've been saying! HOAX!

2. Mootz

Mootz

Regardless, I've been entertained for the past few days. Great post!:D

Mootz

3. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

No, I think this is all legit. In fact, I think I've seen this guy's photo work somewhere before. Hmmmm.....

[​IMG]

Maybe the Sasquatch connection explains the shaving kit?

Oh well. It's definitely interesting, either way.

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Then you'll love the one coming up- I know where the MOONGLOW is! My dad worked at the shipyards in 1967 next to the wrecking yards in Long Beach. Tons of customs met their fates there in the late sixties, but when he saw the Moonglow sitting out front about to be melted down...

5. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

Whatever it is it sure aint that Barris custom truck ! The nose on the ground looks like the work of someone with 5 cans of bondo and to much time on thier hands

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I'm waiting for this...............

[​IMG]

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Have you ever seen the pics of our '36 Ford Phaeton Gene Winfield built and painted in 1964? While it's not the SO-CAL Plating car, it's the real thing- not a hoax dumped out in the woods.

8. Nortin

Nortin
    from Canada

LOL! well ummm if you dropped a tail light ,,pretty good odds its gonna lay on the ground ! lol , I mean ,where would you expect it to lay ? LOL!

9. Goob333

Goob333

Ok Rikster has the multiple pics of the original truck, one picture has Barris standing beside it with the hood off, look at the firewall and then look at the firewall in the black and white picture, I think they are different.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Your not really that big of an idiot are you?

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

If that tail light sat there for any length of time, it'd be full of shit like leaves and sticks and junk. This stuff is too 'clean' to have been there too long. Me thinks smells fishy.

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Didn't George Barris take this pic of bigfoot while on vacation in the 60's?

13. Right arm ed

Right arm ed
    from new jersey

I just found the truck in the wood took some pic put them on the hamb think what you want the truck will be in jersey on monday if it is a clone then i will send it to the crusher

14. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

It appears that the ONLY piece that has a chance of being part of the original Kopper Kart is the taillight- so make sure to get that!

There's K-NO K-WAY the original cab grew back the original firewall, the door jambs lost their latches and became unfinished, the rear of the bed became unmodified or the front clip became such an tacked together unfinished mess- so if you REALLY want to save yourself some trouble- leave it in the woods.

15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Look for some PUNKTUATION in the pile while you are at it.

16. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I think if someone photoshops these two pics together this could be the next OL SKOOL RODZ cover! Check out the rack on Mrs. Squatch!!!! Maybe add a parasol and some high heels? Betty Foot???

17. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

That thing does got a big rack don't it!
    Holy Shit :D

18. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

There is an easy way of finding out if right arm ed is a hamber having some fun with the hamb...have ryan do an IP check on right arm ed and compare it to see if the same ip does any other posting. :)

19. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I believe Right Arm Ed is a denizen of AOL's "car chat" rooms...his lack of sufficient syntax and monosyllabic discourse brand him as a 'lunch-pail kid' with the cotton candy still on his fingers. This was, however, a GREAT post and elicited a number of entertaining (and educational) responses. As a sidenote...that dark colored bed assembly that everyone says is 'incorrect' is quite likely just another piece of stuff that is related to nothing in particular - see the older single-lite 55-57 cab there also...I wouldn't be surprised if this individual that is/was attempting to clone Barris' creation doesn't have a ton of early Chev/GMC truck stuff sitting around.

"it aint how you look...it's what you got under the hood"

dj

20. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

And If it's been sitting out in the woods, why isn't it all full of crap, since it's recessed? Leaves like to find their way into nooks and crannies. Is that a lake pipe next to it that goes up in the air? Why is it sitting like that? Why isn't the overtuned bed full of debris if it's in the woods? These photos look staged...like someone "placed" all this stuff and then took crappy pics to make it look 'authentic'...they remind me of the Area 51 photos of the supposed "crashed UFO" from back in the 50's...something doesn't smell right about this post.

21. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Yep, good idea. Post the pics of it beeing crushed on the olskoolroz forum, spare us :rolleyes:

Barris even used the merc accessory wheel in this truck!

22. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Yeah I agree maybe someone should just track this thing down, buy it, and git-r-done!

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I smell "exit strategy".......................... "Well fellas, since no one here believed I found the remains of the long lost Barris Kustom I took it directly to the scrap yard and had it crushed. I even took pictures of the crane dropping it into the press. For some reason when I went to get them developed they all came out pure white. Don't believe me? I'll post them for all to see". (followed by 3-4 blank posts.:eek: :eek: ) Ahhh!! Ain't the internet wonderful? It lets anyone play Orson Wells.:rolleyes: :D :D

Frank

24. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

your an idiot, get off the H.A.M.B.....

25. easyrider47

easyrider47

Right Arm, Let us know if you buy it or what you find out about it.

26. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

That's funny right there and so true at the same time!

27. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Ok, My wife and I roll outta town today on a road trip to Enid. On the way we roll up on Waukomis, " It's a little town on the way" Says antique store in town 4 blocks off of highway. We roll over to look around and 3 blocks of the highway is a chopped chevy truck cab that looks alot like the one in the picture. The cool part is it has the front end in the bed that looks like quad headlights. Very Kopper Kartish. Some local with a camera needs to roll by and snap some pics. North side of the road, behind a city building.

28. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Right Arm, before you send it to the crusher, get a better color camera and take some more detailed pics, and post them for us, ok

29. roddinron

roddinron

I'm from Pa, not far from Dayton, there's no way those parts have been laying there for more than a week, there's not even any weeds around them, trust me, weeds grow fast in Pa this time of year, and by the condition of those parts, they sure as hell didn't lay out there through any Pa winters. Watch out for this guy if you do go out though.

Attached Files:

30. [​IMG]