Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick update.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by asher, Jun 4, 2007.

1. asher

asher

As I am closing near to finally having everything in place and working on my car i thought i would update every one on its progress.
    First a little back ground on my car. I got the car about 5 years ago. I am the 3rd registered owner of the car. I bought it from my friend who got the car from a old lady. It was her husbands car. I bought it for $2500.

This is how it looked when i bought it

[​IMG]

I then took the car shaved it and painted it

[​IMG]

After that I drove it for a while. But after a few close calls with the car not stopping i had to do something. So the car sat for a year or more till I could gather the money and parts to get all the brakes fixed. With the help of my friends the brakes were completely redone. I figured its time to redo the wiring as well. With the wiring almost completed my friends in my car club came by to paint my car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On goes the paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now some touch up by Zombilly (aka Von Zombilly in this picture lol)
    [​IMG]

I slowly put the car back together and this is how she looked at the past car show (picture was taken by Bad Bob
    [​IMG]

I still have a lot to do. My car over heats so i need to get a new water pump. The wiring issues with the turn signals and brake lights are getting worked out thanks to the guys from rebel wiring.

So there we have it. My first update on my car ever. I wanted to thank all my friends who have helped my along the way with this car you know who you are. And a thank you every one here who helped my figure out what color to paint my car in my previous post.

2. jmn444

jmn444

looks sweet... but respirators are only $20 man!!!! save them lungs!

3. asher

asher

LOL that wasnt me paiting the car lol. I kept asking them if they want one and they said no

4. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

Is the strt-8 is overheating, it is probably not the pump. Try flushing or rodding your radiator first. You can pull off the pump cover on the back side to look and be sure the impellor is not shot, but I would focus on radiator first...

Have fun!!

5. asher

asher

When I got the car I had the radiator re cored. I am going to flush it this week bypass all the heater cores and pull the pump. I hope its something simple.

6. Tin Can

Tin Can

Looks great in it new colors. I like the blue

7. asher

asher

I dig the blue as well. There was some joking around when we were painting it. It got the nick name the Smurf.

8. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

What's the color? Is it custom-mixed or straight out of the can? Did you add any flatteners? That's the exact color and flatness I want for our Olds when it's done...

9. asher

asher

Its all croma based paint with a medium temp base maker. The color we took some GM white and mixed it in with a darker blue to lighten it up. The color honestly reminds me of a lightened up ford blue that you would find on ford 60's motors.

10. jmn444

jmn444

is it just base? or flat clear?

11. asher

asher

I am not sure really lol. I need to ask

12. i didn't know charlie could sand....................

13. asher

asher

Shit he didnt sand really. He would start for a few seconds walk over to me and say here dude its your car. He mostly wanted to sit back and watch every one else sand.