Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Shoebox!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If I had the money I would be driving that bad fucker.

2. thesupersized

thesupersized

really nice car and im sure it was built well but in my opinion (which basically means nothing) i think it needs vent windows, stainless around windshield, lose the v-but windshield, needs hubcaps, lose the flames and pick up some side trim.

3. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

John could write a check that would make my bank bounce!

4. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

I dig this car too, not crazy about the paint job although the color combo is refreshing. The one thing that stood out to me was the doors were not radiused. That would complete a nice chop. Just my 2 1/2 cents. Hoping that my chop will turn out as nice!

5. lownslow

lownslow

that is NOT a d'agostino car ..... it was built by a guy in bakersfield ... nice car. ugly paint though . too much going on .

6. Big Tony

Big Tony

Since we almost all agree that it needs new paint ...do ya think he will lower the price!!!! :~)

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hmmm...really, I think the paint job is part of what MAKES that car. If it were black...or red...or red and black...or worst of all...PRIMER...it would've been totally forgettable and probably wouldn't have gotten a second glance!

I never woulda thunk up a paint scheme like that in THOSE colors...but the instant I saw that car, I liked it! And Hell...it got it's very own thread right here! Probably wouldn't have happened it if had been sporting just another ho-hum paint job or some trendy patina'd look!

;) :cool:

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Im sure it doesnt make everyone on the board all happy at the same time, but I do agree, I think its prolly one of, if not, the best chops on a sedan. Wicked. I dont mind the rest of it, with a roof that perfect whatever.

Anyone wanna take a stab at the dimensions? 5/8?

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Mr. Hack I agree with you 100%, I seen the car from a distance and I had to go see it.

10. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

For those who care........

The car was built by a Loco Bandito....not some famous guy with a check book.

The car was SOLD to someone who doesn't have an inner child that picked it apart for its 80's appearance? WTF?!

I know the selling price, it's no one's bidness.......but it's multiple times over what he had in it. Personally, he deserves it, even if he is a Bandito.:D

11. Mad Dog Tattoo

Mad Dog Tattoo

John D'Agostiono DID NOT built it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIL RYAN BANDITO DID ALL THE WORK ON HIS CAR!
    SO NO!!! Shouldn't that read"HAD it built". NO!
    He did the chop, Paint, motor, ALL OF IT. Frame Off!
    It Sold for $35000,00
    People Please give credit where credit is due.
    If You Built Your car would you like someone else to take the credit??

12. scootersnpie

scootersnpie

From what I understand it has been sold and now resides across the pond in Aussie hands. Gentlemans name is Art...Nice guy who gave up a beautiful Buick to get the shoebox.

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Get outraged.

14. Jimmy2bottle

Jimmy2bottle

did anyone else wish it had skirts?... or was it just me?

15. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Why don't you just call the phone number?

16. ab_51Ford

ab_51Ford

Anyone have any interior shots?

17. ShortBus

ShortBus

Watch for it in R&C.

18. T-Roy

T-Roy

I dug the hell outta that car. Very KooL...

[​IMG]

This links to my Paso photo album, but there are a couple more shots of the car there too...Just hit the forward arrow.

-Troy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Daves Fabrication in Bakersfield ask for Ryan or Toby
    [SIZE=-1]429 E 21st St
    Bakersfield, CA 93305
    (661) 861-9212[/SIZE]

20. johnnykck

johnnykck

I saw it in Paso, loved every thing about it, except for the flames! The color combination is nice, but remove 80% of the flames and it would look a lot better, I think all those flames distract from the car it self. But that just my 2cents.

21. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

Well,the paint would have looked better if the flames were flaked and white instead of yellow..But I still dig the chop,flamejob,and overall appearance of the ride..Good job and congrats to whoever bought it..

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Jeez you guys. That's the WHOLE reason between the two colors. They are on opposite sides of the color wheel, which makes them VERY complimentary to one another.

It's FANTASTIC color combo and the flames are just as trick as the car....................it obviously won the heart of an Aussie.:p

23. that car has some great paint up close.
    What with a lot really old threads coming back up to the top? let them die.

24. Chad s

Chad s

I dont think so. I wouldnt paint my car like that, but it does POP. I agree with Brandy, the colors compliment each other well, and I think they accomplish the obviouse intentions of the paint job well. There are a ton of chopped shoeboxes out there, and this one stands out. It will always be remembered for its wild paint job, though it may not fit everyones tastes, but its very well executed.

I dont know what you see in your head, but white flames on light blue will look like MUSH. Then what color to you outline them in? Black to make two poorly chosen colors seperate? Darker Blue? No thanks. Maybe if they were big flames, but seaweed flames HAVE to be a contrasting color to work. And metalflake flames? Thats a lot of paint build to bury in a ton of clear. I have never seen metalflake flames on a car, and I think for good reason. Metalflake is the new flat black, lets use it for everything!

I think the paint job is cool, not for me, but still very cool.