Register now to get rid of these ads!

My old man bought a glass 32 ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopperman, May 21, 2007.

1. Chopperman

Chopperman

Well, what can say.....

He tought me everything I know except how to repair fiberglass. Bahahahahaha. J/K

He picked up a very sweet 32 3W 350/350 bling coupe. I'm gonna have to paint my saying on my car now "fiberglass don't RUST" just to get his goat a bit.

He's been looking for a decent rod for a while now and scored a great deal on this car. I'll post up some pics of it sitting next to my ride as soon as he picks it up.

2. lolife

lolife

"Steel is real, but glass lasts" -- Zora Arkus-Duntov

3. squirrel

squirrel

beats walkin' I suppose

4. beats sitting on the garage floor with a frisbee stering wheel and pbr can shift knob and going vroom vroooom too.

5. LUSK

LUSK

Sell it on Ebay and buy something real!!

6. tex34ford

tex34ford

Look at it this way, when he's done with the car, he can grind the body up and make poker chips out of it. Sorry guys, no matter what you all think or preach, there are times when the "real deal" is what you can afford or is available at the time. I'll be 70 next year and hopefully still driving my '34 poker chip special.

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

Ed Roth drove glass cars....nuttin cooler.

8. My dad bought a glass roadster too. He got too good a deal on his. He's got it looking pretty sweet so far. My Pop is a just a hot rodder. He don't give a fuck what anybody else thinks. He's happy and that's all that matters.

9. yup

10. murf-lostincity

murf-lostincity

if ya got a car drive it, have fun thats all that matters so what if its glass. It Would be nice to have the real thing but not everyone has the luxury for it.

11. Chopperman

Chopperman

I was just giving him a hard time as he reads the board. I think it is a great car. It has everything both of my cars don't.

we are billetproofing it this weekend. Former owner didn't have a ton of billet on it, but too much for us ( mirrors, pedals, ect.ect. ) You should see the guys at the hot rod shop when we bring the billet pieces in and ask " you got this, in std chrome".. There like WTF ?

Night also ended up in ER as he took a grinder to the leg. ( 10 staples later )

A few pics

Attached Files:

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Nice hot rod. Hope he gets to drive the hell out of it.

13. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i like your collection of cars, also like that bandage! haha

14. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

No matter glass or steel thats a very sweet car...

15. Mojo

Mojo

great looking car, great flames, love the wheels and those hairpins. I prefer fiberglass myself. No rust, and if it gets tornup you're out some glass instead of a 75yr old body. Also, how can anyone here fault anyone who owns a glass 32 ford when damn window trim cost $5,000! Not everyone here is a banker, or had good fortune to inherit one or get any extremely good deal. Glass is reasonably affordable, and very avaliable.

16. borndead327

borndead327

AMEN

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

my friend,thats the way life should be. its short enjoy the hell out of it while you can. good for pops:D

18. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

that is a damn nice car! Needs some white Tuck$Roll and a few other things and it would be extra nice:D

19. Gunny

Gunny

hot-damn, its got my vote...i like it :D glass or not,
    i wouldnt kick it out of my garage..

20. Nice car!!!! Looks like alot of fun, enjoy.

21. DieGrindersPres

DieGrindersPres

Nice ride. So what if it's glass. in a state like florida with the constant beach rot... I may have to consider glass.. Best of luck with it!

22. hotrawd

hotrawd
    from lima,ohio

I drive a 'glass roadster. I'd like to have a gennie steel one but I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth, not a silver one.