Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roller Painting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, May 26, 2007.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Its cool if you want to spend a ton of money on a cheap paint job that takes like 2 weeks. Seriously, the Professor could build a radio out of a coconut in the same time. I sprayed a car with rustoleum in a few hours, for $18, and it was rad. Cheap aint $100. For that and a few bucks more I could get an actual Maaco job. With REAL paint.

3. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i thought about using krylon on my 55...wonder how well it would hold up ?

4. markanthony

markanthony

It'll hold up just fine if you prep correctlly, get the fan tips sold right in the paint section of your local home depot, half lap the paint and watch it as it wets out... I had Krylon on the roof of my chevy for 5 years, polished it, waxed it and the only reason it came off was I cut back into the roof....

5. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

cool !!!
    the part that i'd like to re-paint with krylon, is the original paint that is worn (i'm pretty sure it's laquer). it woudl be the roof, tops of the doors, tops of the 1/4 panels, trunk lid and the rear splash pan (all the parts in red).
    i thought about doing it, but then thought it might look like crap because of the spray pattern. i had no idea about the fan tips that you mention. i have done paint before, and i know that prep is 90% of a good paint job. maybe i'll attack it with the krylon and see what happens. thansk for the tip on the tips...lol

6. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Paint your hot rod with a roller? Well, I guess that's okay if you're one of those rich guys... the rest of us use a brush...

[​IMG]

7. petebert

petebert

8. I'm about finished with mine, just have to buff out the other side. I've got about 30 bucks into mine, small car, but was happy with the results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]