Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking to Rent/Borrow a flatbed in So-Cal for car transport

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by longbeachcruzer, May 16, 2007.

1. Due to the fact that my car gets 7 miles to the gallon and the price of 101 oct... I figured it would be alot cheeper to rent/borrow a flatbed then drive the 150 miles roundtrip for my glass installation.

Having my glass installed in Hysperia(high desert) and I live in Long beach CA, looking to hopfully pickup the flatbed June 8th and return later in the evening June 9th. Then possibly need it again about two weeks later after the work is complete.

I prefer to rent/borrow whatever from a HAMB member, but if anyone has any other ideas I am also open to that. Car that I will be towing is a 54 customline(not super heavy/not super light).

open to all suggestions....thanks HAMB!:)

2. PIRATEKUSTOM

PIRATEKUSTOM

Hey bro what about a U-haul trailer?? do you have a truck? They work good and all you need are lights because it has its own brakes.. Hey man can you maybe help me?? I have a 34 chevy truck parked in LA and im looking for a place to rent to park it I live in NY and brought the 34 there last year after Vegas so when we fly out we can go to shows with a car.. I will be flying out for that Queen Mary show maybe early enough to find a place for it and to work on it.. Also do you know anyone who works on straight six chevys because ive changed the front seal and sleved the balancer and it still leaks..

Take care,
    Tim from www.PIRATEKUSTOMz.com 845 794 5516

3. I considered Uhaul but I am worried the loading ramp might be to steep for my cars clearance...I know some car haulers have longer ramps for loading lower vehicles. I would be towing with my trailblazer SS or a 15 passenger van...both plenty strong.
    As far as pay to park places there are a few, but non of them around here alow you to do work on cars, there more for storage only. Depending on what type of work you need to do I might have a place for you...

thanks Tim

4. PIRATEKUSTOM

PIRATEKUSTOM

My kustoms motor died on the way to the Lone star round up and that car is way to low and we used a hill, boards took the fender off the trailer and we and away we went a week after we got back from Texas..

Storage would be fine do you know any??? Do you know who I could get to take a look at the 235 chevy maybe before I get there?? Im gonna beat when I get out there after flying from Denmark NY and then out there..

I wish you luck getting you car where you need it to go..

Tim