Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT, How much time do you spend on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, May 8, 2007.

1. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I know you and Groucho, are going to be best friends, soon.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and I wanna be there to watch the lovefest:D

3. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Wayyyyyyyy more than I should. About 15 minutes when I wake up in the morning. An hour or more at work (only during lunch and breaks if the IT folks are reading this!) and at least an hour at night.

Probably a lot more when I get into the major part of the engine swap I'm about to do!

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Oh, you will. Paso Robles, thats where its happening.

5. Way too much but there is never enough time....

6. RodLand

RodLand

Hello! I am a Hamboholic. I got DSL just so the HAMB would load faster. Then I had to have a BIG screen so I wouldn't have to scroll back and forth. I would say I am on 5 or 6 hr. a day, on a busy day.:eek:

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I get on here about 5 to 6 times a day for prolly a total of 2hrs daily. I need to go to the shop and spent more time workin on the projects Huh. Maybe they would get done faster?

8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Less than my 14 year old daughter spends on My Space. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BUTCH.:rolleyes:

9. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

To much, but not enough. Says it all.

10. I have dial up at home, so I refuse to even turn the damn computer on. I do all my HAMB-ing at work. I work third shift so I'm on here at night when most of you are sleeping :( . Its a lonely job, but somebody's gotta do it....:rolleyes:

11. Ol'Sarge

Ol'Sarge

I am here from the time I get to work until I leave to go home. Over 8 hours a day 5 days a week!

12. swimeasy

swimeasy

Did not become a member for years (the thought of a "chat board" struck as gay). But now Im in for an an hour a day. LONG LIVE THE HAMB!!

13. 31whitey

31whitey

Ya I thought this type of interaction online was suspect...now I know it is...2-3 hrs daily...

14. i check in first thing in the morning,then several time a day ,then im on for about an hour in the evening

15. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Dont spend as much as I should but too much than I really can spend on here... Gotta check the HAMB!

16. duffman

duffman

I guess I fall right in the normal parameters here; get up in morning, spend 1/2 hour on the HAMB, then again at lunch, then havae it on when I get home from work when I'n not in the shop.

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

15 mins before work at 5:45 am
    15 mins at break 8am
    30 mins at lunch 10 am
    15 mins at break 12:30 pm
    10 mins after work 2:20 pm
    1 hour before bed if I can

information gained : Priceless

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I Spend At Least 5 Hours A Day On Here.... I Get Bored At Work A Lot!

19. BenW455

BenW455

Too much! But most of it is at work:)

20. probably too much time, though I am only on here during work (no computer at home) so maybe a few minutes an hour during a 8 hour shift. :)

21. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

At least an hour a day, more if I check the sale section which I do about twice a week.

22. BigRed390

BigRed390

Hehe. Me too! I thought I was bad about that, but apparently I'm not the only one!

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Sticking finger down throut!:eek:

24. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Maybe Ryan can start a "Hambaholics Anonymous" message board. I can hear it now..."i lost my job, my wife ran away with the dog catcher, my kids can't talk to me, they have to PM me through the HAMB, but I can tell you anything you want to know about a flathead and quickchange rear end"

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wake up. Go to work. Log on to my computer. Straight to the HAMB. I stay logged in until I leave and check it about every five minutes or so. If it's slow I'll stay on most of the day and think of retarded questions about weird auto related topics to test everyone's knowledge. ;) Then, if not working on the car, I'll spend even MORE time when I get home. Especially if there's a hot topic brewing that I need info about. I try to stay away from the O/T stuff as much as possible, but feel impelled to drag myself in once in awhile. I would say I'm a HAMBaholic for SURE! Every day I try to think of a logical excuse for my constant browsing of the HAMB. My thirst for knowledge is lagitimate, but not sure my employer would feel the same... LOL!

I'm right there with you dreadman!

Estimated approximate total time on the HAMB during an average day: 5 hours.

26. Generally 1/2 hr. at lunch and 45 min. to 1 hr. at night

27. Yea, like "Hi, my name is 63cadguy and I'm a HAMBaholic"

28. OldSkool

OldSkool
    from Oklahoma

I’m currently looking for a project and find myself checking the site every 30 minutes. This can get very addictive.

29. I usually keep it running in a window all day long at work and click in and out as time permits. I don't get on at home that often because I am usually in the shop or yard working.

Larry

30. Muttley

Muttley

Probably 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day.