Register now to get rid of these ads!

found me a 54' suburban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55 dude, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dudes! went and looked at a 54' suburban today and bought it. found it on craigslist. needs a grille and left front fender. wrecked fender and 52' grille was in back.stock seat in front, backs are gone and not a lot of rust.check out the fancy door handle and the homemade porthole,no extra charge. paid $300 bucks for it.i think it has a 235 in it and it turns over by hand. here is the number stamped on the pad by dizzy: 0760303F547. 3spd is gone. gonna drag it home saturday and i will post some more pic's then.:D

Attached Files:

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You gotta fine deal there. The rear fenders are the hardest parts to find, as well as the rear splash apron (bumper filler) and 3rd row seat. Hopefully yers are good.
    John

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

good fine. what's your plans?

6. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Jim Carter truck parts is the best for Suburban only parts , they have those rear fillers and lots of other neat stuff . I bought a whole bunch from them when I restored my 51 and they were excellent . You got a great deal on it congrats .

7. asher

asher

that's a awesome find for $300

8. OLD BINDER

OLD BINDER

Great Find It's A Diamond In The Rough, But It Will Shine Some Day!

9. thanks dudes! were gonna drag it home this weekend and i think the engine will run with some tinkering, it turns by hand. i will be sure and post some adventure pic's.

10. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

Hey if you ever need a buyer for it contact me! i live near vancouver washington and am lookin for one of those

11. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Ha! Ha!

I didn't know you were on here too...

I'll get you those roof pictures this weekend. I want to know how the lower body panels on that one are. Scott said it was all solid, but if it sat where those photos were taken very long I'd expect rust in front of the rear fenders, in the cowl and in the back corners.

If you need repair parts for those areas I know where to get them. Let me know.

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

I hate you........j/k....sweet find...have fun....

13. CHICKEN MAAAN! HE'S EVERYWHERE!,HE'S EVERYWHERE!:D if your from seattle you'll understand.

14. dope54

dope54

at work we have alot of parts for 47-54 chev trucks...let me know if u need some

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a nice project. I always thought those were about the ugliest things on 4 wheels. Since seeing a few here on the HAMB that were nicely finished I want one. Are there any later model commercial chassis that fit so you could update steering, brakes and ride in one swap? If so that would make it's reserection a whole lot easier. I wouldn't want a MII on something this big.
    Be sure to post your progress on this one.

Frank

16. for the evening weekend crowd i'll be posting pic's of the drag home today.

17. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

i found a GMC like that at the junk yard yesterday, still said "ambulance" had a really cool patina. lets go save it anyone?

18. I go pogo

I go pogo

I once found a 68 toyota for four thousand dollers but it was wrecked. you guys suck. Just jeallous!

Pogo

19. latest update on the burb: found a 54' grille,front valance,left front fender this weekend at the monroe wa. swapmeet all for under $200 bucks! also scored a running 61' chevy truck for $100 bucks: 235/3spd. gonna use it in the 54' if the one in it is bad, news at 11.

20. squirrel

squirrel

nice! parts come to those who are patient and diligent

54 is still closed driveline, right?

21. it is a enclosed driveline and the easy update is 55'-59' truck, rear is bolt in swap. yea i could be 54Burb as big as my ass is these days but were shooting for 46Yugo!

22. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Good to hear you've got the parts. That thing is killer. I want a burb but I've got too many projects right now as it is. I'll be watching this build! '54s are the ginchiest!

23. Top find! look forward to following progress. seems like the only burbs left at that price have holes cut in the roof ;-) (same as mine)

24. Resurrecting a 6 year old long dead post. HRP

25. d'oh. Whats taking them so long to post updates ;-)

26. Send him a PM,,HRP

27. vehicle was stolen from storage along with a few others.

28. There's your answer! HRP

29. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Great find, let see more pictures.

30. Old thread,,it was stolen. HRP