Register now to get rid of these ads!

haunted hotrods or custom cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamdpup, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slamdpup

slamdpup

anyone got any storys of having bought i a car that someone that got killed or passed away that had the car before you got it?..alot of people dont beleave in it but alot do..just wanted to hear stories on what has freaked you out with your car or ( there car)...lol.. really would like to know about the owner of the hirohata merc if theres any stories there..but all stories are welcome ..thanks

2. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i read on here a couple of years ago about a merc that had killed its owner,and a couple of the new owners had some weird encounters with the same car.

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Here's my killer car. After I bought this 63 Ford Galaxie 2 door hardtop that had been sitting 30 years without being driven, I found out that the previous owner had died while installing the rear spring shackles to raise up the ass end that was the popular look back then. The jack fell on him and he was pinned underneath. They found him later. On 2nd thought, maybe it was a killer jack instead of the car.

Attached Files:

4. Powerband

Powerband

On a lighter note, as a little kid in the 50's I often rode with an old geezer friend of my family in his '50 Chevy. I would ride mornings to "the main road" to get the mail and often would go with him "to town" once a week to get groceries. He was a cool guy with a French accent and always a smile - especially for the ladies. Into the 60's I started working on bicycles and then cars. I started doing "bolt on" repairs to his old car - like brakes one year , a generator later -just helping him out when I could. He put the car in a ditch one nite and banged up the right side somewhat and broke off the directional signal arm. I banged the fender out and patched the turn signal with a bicycle part and he was very impressed.

FF to 1975 when he fell ill and tried to drive to the hospital. He got as far as a neighbor's house in distress and they took him to the hospital where he passed. By that time I had moved away from the family home but I got a call from my mom who said the old guy's widow was very upset because "everyone wanted the car" and it was still at the place where he left it, a neighbors house. the widow asked if I'd have it since she knew I'd take good care of it.

I've had the '50 since '75, actually longer than the old guy did and it's an eerie feeling when I look in the rearview and see a grey haired old man looking back at me just like ... ;)

Powerband :cool:

Spooky likes this.

5. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I had a haunted T project well it was either ghosts or raccoons, i guess ill never know.

6. d_ciobotaru

d_ciobotaru
    from ri

i got a 440 out of this old rv that was abbandoned in the desert in ca, the guys working the scrap yard told me that chp found a guy with his head blown off apparent suicide and he was thought to have been a serial killer of sorts in the inland empire area. on a lighter note the engine ran like a raped ape and got a 727 with it for 400 bucks not too bad.

440 for sale 600 bucks

7. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Strange timing on this post. A friend at work today asked me what i thought his '67 Fairlane G.T. was worth. He's going to sell it. We talked about it for a few minutes and I asked him where he had found the car; we've been friends for a long time and he's owned the car for years, but i never knew where it came from. He told me that he paid $25 for it at a farm auction and that the owner had a hard time finding the title. When the owner finally came up with the title he told my friend that his son had been killed in the car, actually while getting out of the car. He got "egged" by some kids and slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the car.....in front of a passing truck that also took off the door of the car! My friend said that you can still tell where the door post was repaired.

8. Justin B

Justin B

about 15 years ago a guy in my dads car club got brain cancer (super cool guy by the way, one of the few older guys to give a shit about the younger ones at the time) he struggled with it for a couple of years and eventually passed on, his widow sold his car a 37? chevy sedan and about 6 months later the new owner got skin cancer and soon after sold the car. the next owner had it for a real short period of time, maybe 2-3 weeks and found out he had brain cancer. don't know what happened to the car after that but i haven't seen it in at least 10 years. kinda makes me sad just to type this and i know it couldn't have been the car but it was just a really weird deal at the time.

9. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

the owner of my '47 lincoln died, thats how i ended up with the car, but i do find it strange that the milage on the service tag from '56 said it needed to be checked at 47477, and thats what the milage is on the gauge now, kinda weird, 2 47's in the milage and the car is a 47

i'll see if i can find a picture of it

10. jstorm

jstorm

Dont remember where i got this but remember the dude saying he took a pic of this old truck in a field and after developing it discovered the face in the window. Not really a story but a cool pic none the less.

Attached Files:

Spooky likes this.
  11. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

An old friend of mine has a 61 Ford Fairlane. Clean car, 292/4spd. Sounded great. She didn't know too much history on the car but a few nights we would just cruise around looking for stuff to do. She tells me she wants to show me this weird occurence. We go to this graveyard a couple towns over and drive thorugh it. We pass a certain wooden bridge and the lights go out and stay out. No flickering just out. Once we make it out of the graveyard, they come back on without a hitch.

To test the theory we go back a few nights later. Same situation. Never could explain what the deal was. And no, it wasn;t a bad fuse or wiring.

Spooky likes this.
  12. dv8

dv8

I had a 48 Plymouth that would get this strange eerie smell in it sometimes...usually after a trip to Taco Bell... CREEPY!

13. I've heard that the James Dean proshe he died in is somewhat haunted,what I have heard is that he has been restored and going to different car shows it has fallen off trucks and stuff like that and has killed people as it has done it,it could just be a urban legend,then again maybe not.
    I think I'm gonna sit in a corner and stay still,they may not see me and take me tonight.

14. guacamole

guacamole
    from New Mexico

What's her name? Christine?

15. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

great stories! any more??

16. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

My father in law purachased a Studabaker from his nephew in Arizona he brought it to Cali and started to work on it years later he decided to move to Arizona so he had this bright idea to pull the car with his Ford Ranger not only is the car heavier than the truck but there are some strong winds in Indio so ended up fliping the truck and the car totaled both.He had alot of stuff in the car so he decided to go to the impound and salvage what he could and leave the cars there and turn in the Pink slips for both,well when he showed up to the impound yard the police were going through the cars and asked my Father in law if he new the history on the Studabaker my FIL said no well the police said the car had been in this impond about ten years earlier and that a man had murdered his wife and put her in the trunk of the car and left her for dead GET THIS about 25FT from were the car flipped over.Is that crazy or what.

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Had a '57 Chevy back in 1967...old drag race car...bought it from a guy that was getting out of drag racing cuz "it was too expensive".

[​IMG]

Built 327", 2:20 low B & W 4-speed, 4:56 rear, roll bar, tilt front end, traction bars, jacked up as you see it...used to run gas class...or modified production class...real terror on the street...when it'd let me drive it.

Owned the car for better than five years...don't think I ever put 1000 miles on it...something always broke when I took it out to cruise Denver's 15th & 16th Streets looking for races...never got into any races cuz something would break on the way...freeze plug went out one nite, clutch fork broke another nite, all lights quit working one Saturday nite, water pump took a dump on 16th Street, front tire actually fell off six bloks from my home on the way to the Friday nite cruise...several times it simply wouldn't start no matter what I did to it...

Have no idea what was wrong with it...it just did not like me...guess it wanted to remain a true drag strip only car...

R-

Spooky likes this.
  18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

Holy Fuckin Shit That Is Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spooky likes this.
  19. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

the car flipping over and the wife being murdered i mean

20. Barz51

Barz51

I agree!

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

I bet some of you guys recognize this car,..... well did you know it's a death car as well as a historical racer?,....... back in like 53 or 54,

"Dave DeLangton was rushed to the Pomona Valley Hospital emergency room after jumping from the burning Coupe on the dragstrip, DeLangton later died from his injuries." It was at the last Autorama, I passed by it probably a hundred times every night of the show,.... no smell of burnt flesh, no noises,..... nothing. but if you like I could make up something:D

Attached Files:

22. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i was walking down the driveway at my grandparent's house to check out stuff, and all of a sudden a truck in the driveway started up, turns out it had remote start ahaha

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

WOW !,..
    Well now I feel really bad about my last post,... I thought I would check my pictures from Autorama and found this !,..... scary Huh ?

Attached Files:

24. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

I heard this one is haunted...:eek:

[​IMG]

25. Steve 38

Steve 38

Thats a Photoshop job right? Tell me it is, cause its giving me the shits!

26. A buddy bought a house where 4 people were murdered. The killer stuffed them in the trunk of his car in the garage.

Every once in a while, my friend would go to the garage and find the rear lid open on his car...

27. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I can't even touch this one. The last time I quoted lines from that movie on here, a few guys didn't get it and thought I was pickin on other guys cars. Geez, its not like I'm Kirk or anything! :D

28. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

YEA! And in the book it was a 4 door and in the movie it is a 2 door WOOO Scary Stuff!!!:eek: :eek:

29. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Is this the one they dug up in Tulsa ?
    :D

30. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I'm not sure, but wait til tomorrow, and there should be a new post or ten asking about the Tulsa car that might clear it up:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.