Register now to get rid of these ads!

BREAKING NEWS: Billetproof is SOLD!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Apr 14, 2007.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Kirk, Thanks for birthing the Billetproof concept and ushering it though it's formative years. We all owe you big time for giving the "little guy" a place to shine by being able to participate without being overshadowed by piles of hundred dollar bills (actually tons of thousand dollar bills). The mainstream hot rodding world is about implode upon itself if I read things right. Thousands of eager guys excited about being involved with hot rods are being disilusioned when they find the BIG trophys require an investment of almost a million dollars just to be in the running.
    A lot of them are going to require a safety net if they aren't destined to just give up and buy a ricer (God forbid) to have a outlet for their automotive "creative juices". Enter Billetproof and a host of little shows that will let them participate and shine on a stage that doesn't discriminate against their pocketbook.
    I'm glad I finally got to meet you at Billetproof Detroit last year and I look forward to shaking your hand and congratulating you for your new venture. Keep plugging away for us at Goodguys.

Frank

2. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

I think back to 5 or 6 years ago when i bought a issue of rod and custom. i was still very heavy into lowriders and late 60s cars. then i saw the write up on Billetproof. I had no idea guys built cars like that. i had been rolling in primer for ever in my cars cause i was to broke to afford paint (still am) and i saw something in that artical that i could belong to and that changed me for ever. Its all your fualt Kirk that i do what i do now and that my life revolves around kustoms and hot rods. Im sure there is 1,000 other storys like mine out there.

3. I hope it continues to grow... it's bveen fun for all of us so far!

The only suggestion I might make is having a... wet T-shirt contest.

That and maybe a special area for the motorcycles...

Sam.

4. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

Congratulations to Kirk for selling, and to Alan for taking the reins.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks to both of you for Billetproof. To continue on, and expand an already successful business is great. It is always good to have an alternative venue, from whatever you wish to escape. All of these bigger, organized shows should encourage others to step up and do their own in their backyard. It has been and always will be OK to break the mold. Learn from people like Kirk and Alan, but don't let them hold you back. Thanks for the great shows yet to be.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's like crack.

7. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

I was called on my cell phone by a fellow hamber when I was at the Surfing contest in Santa Cruz.Congrats Kirk!!!........Maybe now you will start looking like your age :rolleyes: I know it takes alot to run it and have a regular job and still have a family.Its all to show we Rodders can take some over reving at times and still kick butt.

8. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

congrats to both of you! kirk hope everything works out in your new ventures,and wish the best for alans new ventures too:) ..dave

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

"If you have never been involved with running a show or a clothing company then you may not understand the amount of mental energy it takes to keep it fresh and in the lead."

Read ya loud & clear on that one Kirk !

Congrats and wishin ya the best !

Axle

10. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Congrats Kirk. Although on a smaller scale I know what your talking about using up all that brain power putting on a show. maybe now you can be like this at ALL the shows...
    [​IMG]

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kirk congrats on becoming a spectator!

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh god, let's hope not! :D

13. hodgiemoto

hodgiemoto
    from detriot mi

congrats kirk , looking forward to meeting alan and keeping the detroit show rolling

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'll see ya in my second home...D-town!

15. Diablo Artwerks

Diablo Artwerks
    from Bako

Yo brother! What a wild ride from the early days hangin out at the DNA talking about doin car shows to the first Billetproof '96 to now. Who knew, huh?! Well, it'll be good seeing BOTH of you relaxin at a show!

16. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

So billet is ok now? Man, i'm glad!:D I can finally use my Bird Coddingfish wheels and my Chimp Floosie paint will finally be accepted! Super AWESOME, dude!!!

But really....thanks for all the hard work to get it going and it sounds like it's in capable hands. I wear my BILLETPROOF tshirt every other weekend and I always get comments...most are in Japanese so I don't understand what they are saying but it seems to be positive!
    Now I just gotta figure a way to ATTEND!!:cool:

Dave

17. Choptop

Choptop

Billetproof Japan? hmmmmm.......

18. Brad S.

Brad S.

Billetproof Houston.

Or are you guys afraid of BBQ, sweat, and hot chicks in short shorts?
    :D

19. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Two years notice?
    Are you sure you are really leaving?
    I bet you are just "consulting" now, huh...
    I assume the world headquarters will be moving?

Good for you, sir. Good luck Mr. Choptop.

20. Choptop

Choptop

Not at all, used to live in Austin. Find me some better BBQ than The Salt Lick and I'm there.

will be looking at new locations this summer and fall. email me at [email protected] if you have any ideas.

21. brainfrz

brainfrz

Congrats on the big move to both Kirk and Alan. The show must go on and to know that others share a passion and a desire to give the masses a good time and a venue for home builders and smaller shops, I'm on board. Have loved the show. Even my daughter enjoyed it this year.

jon

Attached Files:

22. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

SELL OUT!>>>>>>>>>>

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

Damn right! Every time at every show!

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

This pic seals it....KIRK! is the coolest fucker on the planet.

25. TBonez

TBonez

congrats Kirk. Billetproof was where I layed my first stripes on a car 3 years ago 'n its been a blast ever since. For that I am greatful and definatly lookin' foward to doin' it in years to come.

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

That must be a lame planet. :D

27. I remember reading about the 1st one in a UK magazine and thinking..... "Hmmm, that looks like a cool show, I'd like to go to that one day" and now I've been to 4 :D

And already got the vacation day booked for #11 :D:D

28. Chuck R

Chuck R

Kirk,
    I have been attending Billetproof since #2 at Albany bowl. I have to say that this event has always been incredible. Year after year it has grown and changed. The year by the old Oakland Airport always stands out in my mind as just one wiild fun event. The bowling alley changed it again, and then Livermore. It's been a great ride for all of us, Thanks for working so hard to give the rest of us so many unforgetable memories. Best of luck in your new adventure.
    Chuck

29. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

Billetproof seattle.skinny cars-fat chicks.i'd go

30. Lucky77

Lucky77

Congrats Kirk, Billetproof Detroit was my introduction to traditional hot rodding. I always have a great time, and I'm sure that will continue.