Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Grindhouse": Tarantino does "Vanishing Point..." Damn fine car chase!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Apr 7, 2007.

1. I actually seem to see mostly '65 Rustangs, it wouldn't hurt my feelings near as much to see one of those wrecked...

2. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I guess they were too busy scoping the Muscle cars!:confused:

3. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

I have seen this crap they use. Nearly all the Duke cars were sitting about 2 miles from my house previous to their builds. Trust me buddy every one of them was a total POS. Falling apart at the seams useless scrap. They looked decent by the time they shipped but total junk to start out with.

Yeah, all those hollywood cars ain't built in CA believe it or not. Alot are I'm sure but downhome style redneck mullet rides ain't exactly a West Coast thing.... hehehe

4. hemi

hemi

What was that early 80's B-movie about the black Dodge Charger that goes around killing people, and the hero guy works in a junkyard and builds a truck to go get him with, with a grapling hook cannon in the back? and the black Charger has a "key chain" which is two or three links of chain through the key, and they show it a bunch????

I think they were paying a little homage to that by making the charger black.... or at least that's what I thought about anyways...

Awesome movie, and the destruction of muscle cars doesn't bother me because I have the one I want... :D

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

hemi---What year Charger???? '71-74 Body style???? I think I remember that movie.....ya never saw the driver....blacked-out windows. Chasin' a school bus right????...hahahaha! Great 'B' movie.....
    Was it "Wheels of Terror"?

6. A lot of the Mopar stuff was bought from the junk yard I use to work at. Some were built from spare parts. Taranino wanted a custom Charger or Challenger 4 door. Wonder if he ever got it built.

7. hemi

hemi

No, I'm pretty sure it was a 69-70... blacked out windows, chased and killed a bunch of people, never saw the driver, only his hands.

I had a "key chain" for several cars after seeing that movie....

Wonder if Wheels of Terror" is right??? I'll have to poke around...

8. hemi

hemi

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahaha...and I've never seen "The Gladiator"....may look for a copy....

I think you'd like "Wheels of Terror"....it's WAY cheesy with very little dialog....but still fun to watch!

[​IMG]

10. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

gonna go see it asap!

11. 64ra_tbird

64ra_tbird

TOTALLY AWSOME! the car chase kicked ASS. did any one catch that cool lookin vintage tow rig in the "Planet Terror" part of the movie.

12. Rocknrod

Rocknrod
    from NC, USA

I loved the second half.

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

I thought the same thing..it sure looked like it.

I saw it last night. I love seeing Tarrantino's/Rodiguez' movies because you know they are future cult classics. I wonder if that Rob zombie trailer is also going to be a real movie?
    It usually bothers me when old cars are destroyed in movies, but in a way its kind of cool because it is "imortalized" forever.