Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anybody turned one of these into a truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by essexrat, Apr 12, 2007.

1. essexrat

essexrat

Hey guys, was just wondering if anybody has ever turned one of these into a truck? I have one...well, most of one. Initially I thought it was a truck, but when I went to pick it up, I realized that it was an old 4 door Ford touring sedan with the back end cut off. I left it where it was, but now I'm wondering if it still might have potential. I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend along with the 57 Chevy 2 door sedan that I just purchased. Let me know what you guys think....Thanx

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ratrod-rat-rod-h...2QQihZ013QQcategoryZ42606QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Longbox55

Longbox55

sounds like a plan to me. put a roadster pickup top on it and whack out a tailgate in the back (ain't a pickup without a tailgate!) and call it a truck!

3. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

Or, find another cowl, and make two cabs.

4. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

just take the rear part of the touring body off and find a bed. its been done a bunch of times.

5. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

Keep it the way it is touring cars rule.

6. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

he's talking about a car that already has no rear section

7. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

Attached Files:

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The execution of the idea isn't doen in the best of style and the choice of wheels, tires is sure a ghetto leftover but the IDEA of a 49-51 Ranchero is a legitimate one which was probably done well at some time in the past but we just don't know about it... yet.

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

In answer to the original question, virtually every body style of vehicle has been converted to a truck, either open or closed cab, at some time in the past, mostly the 'teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s. These conversions were done in the name of expediency when someone needed a hauling vehicle and was willing to sacrifice a passenger car to make one up. These usually took place on farm or ranch but it not un known for city slickers to do it too! After all, a truck comes in handy now and again.

10. thrasher

thrasher

yes, lots of people have used the front halves of T tourings to make t buckets.

11. elwood blues

elwood blues

my bro NoRespect is building one into a modified with a bigblock MEL hes runnin a model a cowl and useing the back section.
    Digit