Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.Ber needs your help...! Please Read...!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

i paypal'd some $$$...this makes you look at your own personal troubles in a with a different perspective after reading about this brave young man...Godspeed to the medical staff!

2. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Leon...sent you a coupla' PM's over the last few days... Need an address to drop off the coin.
    I'll do Pay Pal if you'd rather, but we're in the same city so...?

Let me know...;) :D

3. LordMaximo

LordMaximo
    from Roy, UT

Best of luck on this quest.
    Dezert Venom Kustomz of Roy, Ut. U.S.A. just added to the fund.

Lord Maximo

Here is a call to all those associated with me in Utah, do your part and help with this worthy cause.:rolleyes:

4. movingviolation

movingviolation

Sorry Bill

I was busy as hell and then out of town, check your pm

Leon

5. greatbg

greatbg

Sounds good to me. I have a few $ that won't be missed.

Good luck

6. This is awesome...glad to be a part of it.

Have fun Andy :)

Bryan

7. movingviolation

movingviolation

I just picked up $20.00 from Lloyd Rideout. Counter person at "parts for trucks"

Reguards
    Leon

8. Cadien

Cadien

Now that I have a 6 month old boy, I can't imagine anything I would'nt do for him. Helping Andy Is something all of us can do.
    Paypal $ just sent.
    Layne Z.

9. Bookz

Bookz

Great thing you're doing here guys. Hope Andy has a ball.

$100 Paypaled from New Zealand.

10. vandal27

vandal27

just when you think this world is going to hell somethin like this pops up and makes you realize there is stiill alot of good left out there, just a little harder to find nowadays, i cant make it to the show cause my sponsors capital one and american express have been makin some nasty phone calls lately, but i get paid friday and 100 bucks are on the way, have fun buddy, good luck to you

11. Sent a little bit via P.P.
    Good luck, God bless...and have fun at the drags.

12. I gotta tell you guys... I've never been more proud of a group of people in my life.
    Hearing from, both, Andy and Chris the last few days has let me feel the sense of happiness and excitement they feel.
    I haven't had time to thank each of you personally for your efforts, but I want to thank you all now.
    Hot rodders are the best... and H.A.M.B. members are the best of the best.

THANK YOU to everyone who put fuel in Andy's tank.

JOE:cool:

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Just sent some dollars from Australia.
    This is a great gesture by everyone involved. Again the HAMB has some of humanities finest on line.
    Geoff aka whodaky

14. J A G

J A G
    from Ohio

I don't know anyone here yet but check is on the way! Sounds like a good way to jump in with both feet. Nice group of folks here it sounds like.
    life is good to thoes who enjoy it!!!

15. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Paypal sent from the wife and I. Hope Andy has a great time at the Drags.

Any way we could get a running total on what we're doing? It'd be neat to see how much this great community can help out.

16. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Sorry if I'm just missing it, but who do I paypal to? I'm ready to contribute.

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Oh, I found it. I'm an idiot. Paypal sent. Good luck brother!

18. Degreaser

Degreaser

Any total yet???

19. ricknroll

ricknroll

Count me in for a 10 spot.
    Now to convince the wife to let me to go.............
    If not, at least I can live vicariously thru Andy. Have fun bro':D

20. :)

[​IMG]

I would like to mention that HAMBANDY is allowing me to use a little of his money to send a little something to Gianna... ODDRODGARAGE's little girl who was bitten by a rattlesnake.

Andy is a good dude.

I'd like to mention, also, that it is my extreme desire to keep this fund going well into the future, after HAMBANDY and the guys get to the drags and back... to allow us all to help our friends through their times of need.
    That is, if you'll all allow Leon and I to do so. We're really just two strangers who have shared the responsibility of overseeing the fund.
    I'll bring the subject up again after we get this mission accomplished...

Again... thank you all for your kindness.

21. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

That amount rocks! Looks like I'll be able to add at least $150.00 to it in about 3 weeks or so... MORE if they guys'd just bid/buy that flathead I've got in the other auction!

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

great idea!!!! theres always someone in need!!i think thats what the movement is all about!:)

23. movingviolation

movingviolation

Andy is indeed a wonderful kid, a boy who never loses sight of what go's on around him. And one you guys get a chance to meet him at the HAMB drags you leave a better person....or at least i do.

Joe contacted me a while back, when i was looking for you guys to cheer up Andy. He wanted to kick it up and get Andy to meet you guys and see the life style that we want him to fight to achieve. Hence with Ryans permission we started the drive to raise money to make this happen. We also agreed we would like to keep this going in the years to come, as there is always some one among us in need. And what ever funds that remain after the drags will go into the 2008 drive for the next special person. Which Joe and I have already discussed and hope you will support like you have this drive.

We are all very different people with a common interest, very unique cars. We all come from different back grounds and geographical areas, but we all have a kind side. Although this may supprise those who mock us as we tear down the streets......i am quite happy knowing WE know how to take care of our own.

I have been in contact with the local media to do a story on this and some of the threads here may be used.

I have to thank you all for the wonderful efforts made to make a difference in Andys life and i hope you can make myself and Joe keep this going so we can make the difference for others in the future. We never know when the shoe can be on the other foot and it is nice to know that the people here care.

Reguards
    Leon House

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Guys, believe it or not, until a couple of days ago I had never actually had a talk to Leon! Ohhhh, we had been introduced to each other at a car show once, but to actually have a real, down to earth conversation...no.

Well...arranged to meet up with him at a "Tim's" donut shop the other day...we ended up gabbing over a coffee for an hour and a half! LoL
    He kinda made me feel like I'd known him forever! Nice guy.

Having finally met him, I'm now sure this effort is being handled by some very competent and caring people on BOTH sides of the border.

I could only cough up a $20, what with the body/paint ($$$) of my current project in full swing, but I'm hoping to add at least another $20 before all is said and done. It's worth it.

Besides, when you consider this is to be an ongoing thing, then a maximum total is really not a consideration. Any excess just carries over.

Remember...this only STARTS with Andy!
    Who knows who will need it next, where it will be needed or for what reason!!!

All the best Andy! Have a ball at Mokan!!!

The HAMB drags Tee shirt you get will last thru about 30 washings, but the memories and friendships you gain will last you forever! :D

25. I almost forgot...

There is $108.32 in the credit union account from those who've mailed donations by check.

Thanks to those who took the time to do so...

26. Thirsty

Thirsty

Well, I have never posted on the H.A.M.B. before, as my car is one of them new-fangled contraptions being a '72. I hang here and lurk in the shadows, but this thread has compelled me to "show face" ... so count me in for a Jackson (pay pal'd).

Hope the young man can make it ;-)

-Thirsty-

27. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

My U.S. Grant hits the U.S. Mail tomorrow.

28. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Thanks for updating us with the total Joe. It's awesome that we can all pull together to do something like this, especially since we're an international group, most of whom have never met.

I hope that beyond tickets there and back, we're gonna make sure Andy gets hooked up with t-shirts, and lots of junk food, etc. :)

29. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You knew this was going to work out especially after you've seen the amounts the stripers help out the kids during the car shows during the year like Autorama.

I still need the desired travel details and I'll throw in that 25,000 frequent flier miles for 1 ticket. Anybody want to match that?

30. T2B

T2B
    from san diego

Don't know these guys but I like to help when I can. PP$20.00. See you there.