Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted, grade A N.J. Kid...free parts!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hoping some of you people may no of a kid if we don't have one here. I put this post on the wanted page as thats where I thought it belonged. I have yet to find a good kid, so I figured I'd move it here to help it along.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165512

Here is the basic post:

Wanted, grade A N.J. Kid...free parts!
    If there are any out there with no bread or brains, I have some killer hot rod parts I'm willing to donate for the right kid. I have so much stuff, I wont get to it in this life time as I'll probable keep buying more stuff. If your not annoying and really dig this stuff and have no cabage...I'm looking to hook somebody up. Just a quick list....27 roadster front half, a complete 60 Catalina cut up for a Roth rod, Flatties, 4 bangers,T body parts, lots of A stuff, misc. speed equipt, rears, front ends, lots of cool stuff. Nothing like looking out for someone who needs a little help, no trouble makers! In return, not much really, be a good kid, stop buy an grind, clean, learn, or tell us ole farts about young teenage love, hahahaha.

No time burglers please! Pm me, Neptune NJ.

I'm always joking on here, but I'm serious bout this! I have three builds for customers going on at once. All super cool projects, 34's and 29's. Also two complete ground up builds for myself by spring. Just need some after school help sometimes, parts chasing, shop cleaning, and we like dirty Jokes. Punkers/skaters/musicians a plus....equal opp. employment!

There is a ton of stuff laying around here, I will give it to you and help you build something tasteful, or pay cash for any labor. Just really looking for the right kid. If you know something...great...if not, you get a grinder and a broom.

Thanks for any help people... Looking for someone local to Monmouth county, NJ!

2. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

hey, where abouts in monmouth are you? i'm 23 and from up north a bit but if it ain't too far i'd be down for learning a thing or two and getting dirty. dunno if that's too old or not.

3. Age does'nt really matter. Just want a good kid, and someone that is willing to be around to help out.

Someone has got to have a spare kid, my parents would have love to give me away!

4. I'm 62, live in Union County, and I'm pretty immature, do I qualify?​

5. Now thats funny.:D

6. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

well i'm still in school so i guess it could technically be an after school thing hah. i'm a lil over an hour north of ya'll. i'd be willing to help though if you want. PM if you dig. Neptune is by asbury right?

7. needachev

needachev

8. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

how the hell ya gonna get some kid to work,,with all the bitches hangin around..if ya want ill stop by to watch.

9. Mel I have three kids 17,8,and 16 months you take your pick of the kids and I'll take my pick of your parts!!! DEAL????

10. Hahahaa!!! First kid that can put this new project together...gets it!

Attached Files:

11. What pretty girls???

All I see are projects...

Attached Files:

12. Well it would be a helluva bus ride but uh well I never grew up, does that count?

Looks like a one heck of a deal to me friend. loose parts your tripping over, get a little help on a project or two give someone younger than us a start to the good life.

Payin' back.It just don't get any cooler than that. :cool:

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Move to Michigan and I've got 2 that will kick ass on those things!

14. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Well, I live out on long island, 18 years old in Nassau county.

I have a 1949 Ford Club Coupe and I work on it almost everyday. Cleaning it, putting money into it. How far is the drive down there? I could use a flathead, and the knowledge of building. Sort of a once a week thing or three times a week for the knowledge of this, I would be so game.

15. martell06

martell06

damn i live in the wrong state. can i live in the back of the shop? on the other hand, OH to NJ isn't that bad of a commute.

16. Yes, there is plenty of room in the shop, and a nice layer of dust to sleep on. Actually a homeless kid would work...

I am looking for a local though, someone that can be here most evenings or afternoons. I want kid whom knows nothing, thats just a little less then I know....

For instance... work partner and I changed up three different cars with three different wheel combo's yesterday, took two hours. Would have been nice to have a grommet on those things. Sweep, grind, polish, and sand....that what I need.

Attached Files:

17. what am i ? Chop liver?

18. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

I think he wants someone who doesn't already have 30 cars that don't run.

Badabing......Boom......

19. 343Gremlin

343Gremlin

I'm the kid for you! 20 in Eatontown, NJ. always looking to learn more about classic cars and would love getting more into rat rods etc. I've been trying to build my own but i lack the motivation, maybe this is what i need to get it done! [​IMG]

20. slacker91

slacker91
    from Emmaus, PA

my brother lives a few miles away from you, only problem is hes into hondas.

damn me going to Wyotech and being 5 hours away right now...

21. frakas

frakas
    from n.j.

hey 343gremlin are you the kid with the green gremlin at asbury lanes last year? d

22. Sounds like Gremlin is gonna show up....remember hearing about this guy from my buddy Shane...sounds like a good kid. Rat Rod, will leave that term for the old street rodders turning nostalgia on us...

Caffeine...hahahaha! Miss you brother!

Steve...you know where I live!

Just turned out this 34 in under a month...not my style, but the owner bought the body off me and payed us to build it. What a mess it was underneath the old paint and welded up doors. Its getting a little lift in both front and rear spring. Hate the valve covers and seats most, but..its what he wanted. I'm no Kiwi with the Aluminum...he rules! Owner is going to finsh the rest after we set the grill shell after the rad. returns.

Monday we start on this 30 frame, and another small block. Sorry bout the blurry pics. Got the trips from Brush....he rules as well! Sweeping the frame, z'ing the rear, 30 five window body. Customer wants it to lay on the ground, not my favorite style, but it should be fun. Whatever pays the billz...
    Gonna try and get this done within a month as well...

Hope all is well with everybody! Oh, Happy Easter...

Attached Files:

23. 31whitey

31whitey

oh man...that 34 turned out nice...wish i would have had the coin for it back then....sounds like your up to alot man...my 32 is in real bad shape...the 31 truck is about half way through its mechanical restoration...i just spoke with the original builder from 1959...hes hooking me up with alot of history, and some old car show photos...nice work man...

24. Hey Whitey! Tell ya the truth, glad you did'nt buy it, like I said...it was a lot worse then I ever imagined. That shiny nice paint hid a lot of major inperfections. Would have felt bad if anyone would have had to do what we did. And I inspected it for about a year, paint and tacked doors hide a whole world of sin. We had some big plans with a 38 Ford nose, but the owner chickened out due to his street rod friends telling him to go the other way...oh well...he's happy. Owner actually worked with us the last week, saw all the hard work we did each day, he thanked us and told us we were giving him a deal on the build cost. That was cool! But its what this owner did for us that I'm looking for. He sanded, grinded...a little, and parts chased which was awesome. Thats what we need.

Like to have someone see us attack this next one to get the jist of what will be happening.

25. 343Gremlin

343Gremlin

yes frakas, that would be me. havent been on the road in a while, a freezeout plug rotted away on my motor, just fixed it though

26. frakas

frakas
    from n.j.

hey gremlin, i was the guy talkin to you about that cool candy green paint in your eng compatment . i was wondering what happened to you havent seen you around in a while , can i still con you into doing a candy job on my old shovehead?

27. 343Gremlin

343Gremlin

oh, hey how ya been. yea, the grem hasnt been running the same lately, needs a good going over. as for your shovelhead, sure. we gotta sit down and figure out what color and all you want to do it, and get it over here [​IMG]

28. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i could help mel but i have no talents or skills i might be able to learn how to use a broom

will work for beer

29. frakas

frakas
    from n.j.

cool deal gremmy i will pm you

30. This is what we got in two days...since then we got a little more done. Waiting on parts, today we'll build the floor.

I've also come to the assumption that we don't really need someone, disstractions only slow us down.

This will be the last post on here looking for a helper. Thanks Hamb!

Attached Files: