Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this? Cause I own it now....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Apr 5, 2007.

1. zues

zues

Could it be one of those airport cars?

Nevermind not enough doors.

2. flathead okie

flathead okie

to us sight impaired that blue lettering and font is screwing me up. I'm not trying to be an ass. Jus' lettin' ya know.

3. GaryC.

GaryC.

it might be a flower wagon... with economy top chop.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that top would be an easy fix. turn the car upside down and find some kids to jump up and down on the insides.

5. Well whatever it is I hope you build it up nice. Remember to post pics of the progress. I love the stuff thats a little bit odd-ball. I would have done the exact same thing your doing to acquire that cool ride.

6. Wow! I never thought of that...your right...thats what it is a 1951 HHR prototype....Good call...

7. OMG!!:eek: ...You just made me snort cream soda out my nose...thats too funny...Good one...:D

8. bellyjello

bellyjello

Those had to be big bastards jumping on the roof not little ones...... ZGood find though

9. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

the 68 wagon, i just have to ask, would it happen to have bucket seats or disk brakes? could use those for my 67 impala along with the tilt column... but i know, i know you wont part it out.

10. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Uncle Sam special ordered many of the sedan deliverys for military use, they used them on base ---check the numbers and check for paint (O.D., grey/blue, navy blue), a lot of them were deliverys with back windows......stan

11. of all the deliverys i have seen 49-50-51-52.. plenty of em..
    i have only seen 3 with the stock right side tail light stand and light i own the 4th ive seen
    thanks to the love of my lifes finding a note i saved that a guy had one for sale and then buying the set for me for xmas 5 years later
    was the coolest gift for xmas til the 29 A this she gave me this year

paperdog

12. check out the cowl tag and post the info. the guys at chevytalk can id it. looks to me like a funeral car having a backseat. the small area in back was more than likely for flowers. the vin on the drivers windshield post would help. something like this is worth saving. post the info. cool find.

13. builtbyme

builtbyme

I would guess that is what it was as well. The "little black box" under the dash looks like it may have been used to house switches, buttons, etc. for lights, sirens, and such. Just a guess...

[​IMG]

14. mccarrol

mccarrol

According to my Chilton's Motor Age Body & Frame Manual (1956) it is a 1951 Styleline De Luxe Station Wagon Style 1062. Hope this helps.
    Joe

15. builtbyme

builtbyme

I always thought those were 4-doors.

16. suiside

suiside

Just Chop That Shit! All Them Windows Chopped..mmhmmm Yu U--mmee!

17. i see a vin tag in the pic's post the info on it and the cowl tag info. you may have something kinda unique, worth a few bucks?

18. The Roof Is Like Jackie Kennedy's Hat From That November Day In Dallas..
    Maybe The Pushed In Top Will Set A Trend With Other Delivery Owners..
    Paperdog

19. old beet

old beet

Always refered to them as "sidewalk deliverys"............OLDBEET

20. carmak

carmak

I would say what you have there is a"National" ambulance. National used Chevy or Pontiac seday delivery bodies as the basis for their ambulances. They offered many wheel base and door options.

I used to have a 53 Chevy National "Imperial" ambulance. The National Imperial wat the longest style they made. It had a stock sedan delivery front door, a second door that was based on a 2 door sedan door and then full length sedan delivery qtr panels. The roof was raised and there was a divider behind the front seat.

Very cool find!

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa