Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick Question Regarding Paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 5, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What are the names of the closest airports to the Paso show and which one would you recommend using for easiest access?:cool:

2. derelict

derelict

San Luis Obispo or San Jose. San Luis is closest but San Jose is easiest...

3. Muttley

Muttley

HRLC is coming to Paso???? This years HAMB meet is going to rule.

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Having done this a few times, Denise, fly into San Jose or San Francisco (about a 30 minutes up the road from San Jose) and expect a few hr drive to paso. (its a nice drive). Paso is about half way between LA and San Fran

5. Come to San Jose!! There's a LOT of us round here...you can probably get a ride too....(Cookie's optional)

6. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

The drive down 101 from San Jose is real nice and goes by pretty quick
    Hope to see you down there!

7. hemi

hemi

Let me know when to pick you up. ;)

8. Agreed, If you'haven't been to SanFran plan on spending some time there before or after the car show.

9. Ditto.....

10. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

San Fran is definately the coolest town ever, go there and catch a ride with a Hamber, to Paso.
    See ya there.

11. mattrod68

mattrod68

monterey airport is about an hour closer than san jose. and laguna seca is right here.

matt

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In the golf cart???:D

LAX seems to be the cheapest BUT I might take you guys suggestion and do SFO.

Looking at a map, are there inexpensive motels like Holiday Inn Express or similar in Cambria, San Simeon Cayucos or Morro Bay. Or what do you guys suggest? I don't feel it's neccessary to sleep in Paso Robles especially at the prices and minimum nite stay I've read about.

I'm really excited about this possibilty and looking forward to meeting alot of my west coast HAMB brothers in person. I'll know more on Monday when I get the traded days off offer from the boss in writing.:D

13. We usually stay in Cambria, its nice, and not too far from Paso.

We are driving down Saturday just for the day from San Jose, its about 2 1/2 hours from us.

Go to San Francisco, its a wonderful city, ride the cable cars, visit Alcatraz (and Brizio's).

14. sure, and "Little Joe's" if you like "real" Italian food. Yes there are affordable Holiday Inn's, TravelLodges and the like on the outer edges of the more pricey parts of the City. Have fun! Check out the Museum of Natural History in Golden Gate Park WoW. Tons of cool little taverns and beer joints on Haight St.

15. I second the Cambria suggestion...I lived there for several years and it's really a neat little town. It's right on the coast, about 30 minutes from Paso.

Bryan

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I live in LA, used to live in the SF Bay area, and Paso is about equidistant from both. I agree that the drive down from SF or San Jose is prettier than driving up from LA. Check airfares into Oakland, too; sometimes they're cheaper and it's less hectic than SFO.

You could also consider staying in San Luis Obispo, where there are all the chain motels. It's also about 30 minutes from Paso.

17. what do you think our chances are of finding hotels in SLO or Cambria?? hmm, my wife and I would really like to go this year.

18. LAX might be cheaper, but LA traffic is horrible! It'll take about 5 hours to Paso from LAX. I've been to San Francisco a couple times, and there's some fantastic sights there. Awesome homes/architecture, and maybe a 3 hr drive to Paso.

19. Last I checked (about two weeks ago), there were still hotels available in SLO. I'm not sure about Cambria.

Skating's better in SLO :D

Bryan

20. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Denise, It will be great to have you out on the Left Coast for The Paso Show, Maybe this time I can get there in time for a Cookie !!
    Rob

21. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Hey Denise, How are the plans coming along for Paso ? I think your really going to enjoy the entire week-end, a lot of great cars to see and people to meet but what I like the most is the cruise because it's show cars only. The WCC really work hard to do this but it is so worth it, there will be thousands of people lining the streets and sidewalks on friday night ! Keep us posted on a HAMB meet and greet !
    See ya,
    Rob

22. hemi

hemi

Well yeah, duh... I just put some fresh stickers on it. We can strap your suitcases on the back.

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Well HRLC...what are your conclusions? I would like to head out as well and was sorting out the same airport dilemma.....

24. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I would take 2 weeks off, sales seminar aside and take Big Olds with ya.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Plans are coming along. Looks like I'm going to fly into SFO on Wed nite, get a rental car and room.

Thursday I want to visit Mike Bishop and have him take me to Kent Fullers place, then visit Vern Tardel's shop and Keith's if it is different then his Dad's and stop at Sellers as well.....it's his birthday that day. He's looking forward to some spankings I'm sure.;)

Stay Thursday nite in downtown San Fran and hit a couple of touristy things.

Friday morning head south down the Pacific Coast Hwy toward Paso. Lunch somewhere at a cute resturant along the coast. Arrive in Paso in time Friday to check out the cruzn action. Stay in a hotel near the coast.

Back to Paso on Saturday for the show.

Sunday morning leisurely head back up the coast, hang out in Frisco till my flight leaves Monday morning.

Anyone have any suggestions for other shops to visit along my route or a safe, inexpensive place to crash in downtown SanFranciso? Any other sugestions you might have for me would be greatly apprecaited.

Megan, lets talk. Call me tonight after 9pm

26. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Safe - maybe
    Inexpensive- that's a little tough

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm getting these extra two days off paid to attend Paso BECAUSE I am willingly attending the sales seminar in Florida instead of the Jalopy Showdown.:D I'm bummed about the Showdown BUT very excited to have the opportunity to head to CA for 5 days.

My two weeks off this summer with Big Olds will include a trip to B'ville for Speed Week in Aug.:cool:

28. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

^^
    That's 2 weeks well spent..Really I just wanted to check out your ride. My wife has taken a liking to it since the Ego-Rama..Have fun maybe I'll run into the HAMB family sometime during the Paso weekend.

29. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Denise,

You should fly into San Jose. If you do so, you are welcome to hitch a ride down to Paso with us (the San Jose / Road Zombies / Gambino Kustoms crew.) As a matter of fact, im likely premiering my Cadillac at Paso and if so I will need someone to drive my '60 Chevy wagon down. Thus, you could even caravan along with us driving a pretty cool car (if i say so myself...) Taking a rental car down wouldnt be fun, now would it?

I remember your cookies and your kind invitation to my family if we ever come back to visit Michigan.... thus, consider my family yours if you come to our neck of the country.

Lemme know.

-scott noteboom

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, what a very kind and generous offer. I do believe I will still get a rental as I want to visit a few shops on Thursday BUT if things do work out and you do premier your Caddy in Paso, I would be happy to cruz the Chevy wagon down and leave the rental at your place.

Will your group be leaving the San Jose area on Friday morning? Also, what route do you usually take?

This trip is looking better and better each day:cool:

Thanks bud!