Register now to get rid of these ads!

The T sedan is comming together.... finally!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny-B-Bad, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Well, in this frigid winter weather we were having, i worked my ass off trying to get my car finished for this summer. Plus i was with out a computer for 2 months so what better to do than work on my car. Got the frame final welded (inner and regular). Now all that has to be done is grinding and a nice coat of primer to keep it from rusting while i set everything up and run my lines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i got my motor buttoned up, just need a few pipe plugs to plug up holes i dont need and get it running. And now spring has finally showed up so ill be burnin the midnight oil for the next 2 or 3 months (crossing fingers).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And dont mind the headers, just bought those for the flanges and they were taking up room on the floor. Hope you like it so far.

Other updates

John

2. Intresting set of sub-rails you have there. I'd like to know more about your project.

My 26 T sedan project is also coming along. I'm working on steering, brake pedal, and seat position now. With body work to follow.

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Cool chassis :)

4. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Hey thanks alot...

And Bibs.. what else would yoou like to know?

John

5. frankenford

frankenford

6. Got any body, frame, and suspension pictures. Something showing the total package?

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks great! Lets see more. Awsome work on the frame.

8. damn man.. your subfloor looks stouter than my frame..

I'd like to see some mockup and body pics as well..

nice to see another bad-ass NJ T getting done...

9. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Well heres my first thread that i started about a year ago.

Part 1
    Part 2
    rodwerkz... yeah, thaat subfloor is pretty stout. Think it weighs as much as the frame itself. But it was made like that since all my pedals and steeering mount to that front cage part. Plus my brother used to fool around with offroad trucks so he likes to overbuild, which is good once i finally put that nailhead or blown small block in.

John

10. Any top chop in progress pictures?

11. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Had some but lost em when my hard drive crashed. And it was halfway chopped when i got it. Just had to do the doors and weld the windshield post together. But ill snap some pics of the doors and how i did them since theyre not finished yet, have to put some fillers in.

John

12. i just checked part 1... Great stance.. love the rear lower panel..

keep us posted..

13. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Hey Bibs... heres some pics of the doors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the top part (one that is free from the door once chopped) i took it and split it along the outside of the window channel. But be careful since there is some bracing inside so you may not st through it the first time. Then i took the two split halves and lined them up, front on the front and back on the back. But before i did that, i slid some pieces of 1x1 in the door to give the top of the door some rididity. Then i just filled in the gap with some 18g.

As you can tell, it takes a while to do and you need a lot of patience to line everything up and make sure the fit is right but its well worth it.

John

14. Thanks John!! I've saved the photos to my top chop file. Right now I am working on the firewall and steering. Top chop will be the last body mod I think. I want to practice my metal working skills a bit by filling holes and putting in the patch panels first. So the chop is a month or two away. But sooner or later, I will reach the point where I have mothing else left to do (and no excuses).

15. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Now im finally getting some work done again. Been busy bondo-ing and painting. But thats about it. Getting ready to order all my odds and ends but i know ill forget something. So buy the end of the week, everything should be back together and in my garage at home. Now.. the pictrures of my progress.

Front end components and rear backing plates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bondo galore!

[​IMG]

Action shot

[​IMG]

Ooooooooh.. shiney

[​IMG]

Work monkey.. work!

[​IMG]

Monkey taking a break.

[​IMG]

Giving props to a local club.

[​IMG]

The oh so shiney rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thats it for now. Should have more pictures by the end of the week. Hope to have the frame bondoed and primed. Then have it back on its wheels and rooling by the weekend.

John

16. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

bumpity bump for the night

17. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Good lord.. whens it going to end. Been real busy this week and got a lot done but not nearly enough. Did bondo in the frame monday, wednesday, and thursday. Yippie.. and theres still more left. Primed the frame on thursday nite and found there were a lot of spots that still needed work. So friday and today i worked on filling in the inperfections and getting the holes perfect. Now here are some more pics of what i got done.

Late nite paint session.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next day

[​IMG]

Rolling rear.. still not done though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late nite saturday tin work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frame as it sits now all glazed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to get the glazing finished tomorrow and then she'll be painted tuesday, glacier ice mettalic. Then ill have it rolling wednesday or thursday. By then ill have to bring it home and say goodbye to the barn i called home for the past year.

John

18. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Wow great work...
    keep us posted...

19. 47 jailbar

47 jailbar
    from Mn

Nice metal work on the floors and tranny tunnel. Looks great.

20. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Nothing interestings happened. Been busy working on priorities. Helped my brother move, fixed the broken daily, halping get fordsteal's 34 done for road agents.

But heres some shots of the car in its new home. Itll stay there from now on. Hopefully ill have electric there soon and finish of the inside. Have progress of that on the garagejournal. Ill try to get the doors finished completly since theyre home. New skins and bearclaws, hope to get it bondoed and primed too. Then ill work on getting the rest fone once the barn is finished. So this'll be my last update for a few months.

View from the loft.
    [​IMG]

Front shot
    [​IMG]

John

21. gowjobs

gowjobs

Wow, that's lookin' great. Plenty of a-T-tude. (NYUK!)

22. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Son .. youve got talent:) Thats some of the better work ive seen from a guy your AGE in a long time.. Keep up the good work. I like the detail work on the frame. (good isnt good enuff sometimes) Ive been doing it for a long time and im impressed. Great Job so far
    Dave

23. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Hey.. thanks a lot guys. Means alot to hear all the compliments from guys that have been around hot rods longer than ive been alive.

24. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Man I really like it. Your frame is going to look ten times nicer than mine.

25. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Are you using only 2 hinges per door? I haven't decided if I should use the top hinge or not on mine.

26. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Yeeah.. i think i am. the upper 2 would bo too close together and wouldnt look too hot.

I think your frame looks really good John. Like the car overall. Cant wait to see that thing done.

27. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I was thinking the same thing, but I was worried about the door sagging after a while.

It is a scientific fact that people with Model T sedans are smarter, more handsome, and more attractive to women than the average hotrodder.

28. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

I concur. :)

29. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

Why isnt it done man get the electic co. out and put power in the garage so we can work this winter

30. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Im workin on it! Damnit... Well Zach has his shit moved in and im workin on the truck outside. Looks bitchin so far. Welding on it off of 100' of extension cord again. But i got the trans almost done and some other little shit. So hold your horses!