Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 ford Bus cpe /club cpe ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Landwehr, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Yes, the only difference is that the center X-members had two different designs for the center of the X, it was changed somewhere in '46 or '47. makes no difference to the body though. I read once that the front crossmembers are a little narrower on the 41s, (that would make the frame rails pinched in relation to 42s-48s) but I I've never actually measured, and it has never been confirmed anywhere else.

I don't want to hijack this post, but if somebody has the painted front center section of a 41 Mercury grill lying around... I'm going to be running a 42 hood on my 46 and I think that that the top of that piece would make the transition from 42 hood to 46 top grill bar better. PM me if'n ya got one.

2. sounds good , being as that cpe body is only a shell i have no idea if it is or is not a 41-2 or 46-8 I'll have to check into it more b4 getting it titled if I can interchange front clips/dash/rear fenders,I can find either series parts ,I guess I can call it any year I want and title it accordingly I suppose,from checking around, theres no shortage of either series parts

3. docholiday72tx

docholiday72tx

The weather has started warming up, has anyone started on their 41 yet? I'm doing body work on mine. I'm closing up the trim holes down the side and getting her all straightened out.
    Mike

4. Fabricator

Fabricator

gathering parts still,
    bought this car from a salvage auction
    it was hit hard in the left front
    got a frame coming from Oklahoma
    still looking for a cowl and firewall section

5. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

mine's down at the glass shop getting some glass so I can get her out to Viva

6. redhumphries

redhumphries

here is a short door business coupe I use to have chopped and looking right

Attached Files:

7. Janne

Janne

Do you got any bigger picture of it?

8. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Here is My chopped business coupe.

Attached Files:

9. redhumphries

redhumphries

I can't seem to get the bigger pictures to upload on this site. email me and I will send more to you

10. Janne

Janne

Here is redhumphries Ford:

Attached Files:

11. Janne

Janne

And one I found from my computer:

Attached Files:

12. Janne

Janne

13. ...I've got a NOS unplated lower grille for a 41 Ford if someone mite need it.Can send pics.