Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCOT blower envy, speachless and drooling

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Well I just found myself speechless and drooling after seeing this WHITE UNICORN of the racing world on that auction site:

A Potvin style Italmeccanica SCOT Blower, This unit was found in a suitcase with all the blueprint documents and bill of sale to Pete Wallace of Arlington. Only ten cars are known to have been built using this 50's setup.

And only starting at 10 G'S, any thoughts on where this is gonna end up?

Attached Files:

2. SimonSez

SimonSez

The belongs to Clark - maybe he is selling it to fund those Bad Donkey shirts !

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the owner is a HAMBer...
    I see I'm not mistaken!

4. jetmek

jetmek

could it be the same one owned by a fellow HAMB'R? i caught a glimpse of it at hershey in a suitcase last fall...

5. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Waste of money. Putting a blower on a flathead is like putting a pink ribbon on a chihuahua...

6. John Denich

John Denich

That is very cool, I would love to own it but at 10g's out of my price range, I hope it finds a good home......

John

7. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Heh..sure it is..

Yea im pretty positive its clarks also, unless someone else found one in a suitcase also..:D:eek:

8. Clark

Clark

Yeh it's mine. I really hate to let it go but I need $$ right now. If I sell the blower I can keep the T a little longer.

It's a really cool peice and deserves to be in a museum. Better than sitting at my place were very few can see it.
    Clark

9. Clark, That is a great piece of history and yes, it does belong in a museum. Hopefully some larger collector/museum will step and take it home. Good luck with it.

In what corner of the universe did you find it?

Jim

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

HA... I know of a few b-ville world record holders that might disagree with you... :)

11. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Blowers vs. Pink Ribbons: Haha, yeah, I think there's a 12 second street car out of NJ that might disagree too?... along with just about everyone who has explored a flathead beyond bolting on finned geegaws.

Clark - That is one cool piece. Has anyone ever mentioned that the Rodder's Journal published a picture of one of these? It was shown with the complete lineup.

12. Absolutely right.

We're mostly spoiled because most of us grew up with valve in head mills at our disposal. But if huffing it makes it better than by all means huff it. Even a little better is leaps and bounds beyone no better at all. And some have been extremly successfull with it not only at B-Ville but on the 1320 as well.

Now putting on six carbs and running on one that's like putting a jewel in a pigs snout. :D:D

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

FUCK THAT!!!!!
    It DESERVES to be put on a car and RACED!

14. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

You should contact Big Daddy Don G and work something out...Thats a really kool piece and i still cant figure out how the F@CK you find this stuff ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!

15. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Wonder if there are any reproduction rights to worry about, bet he could sell a few for a 1/4 of that price on this site.

16. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Since I can't afford this and Clark doesn't want my family, I hope someone who appreciates this and USES it gets it.....
    3WLarry, where are you?

18. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Hmmm...my wife's in the hospital...I wonder if she'd notice if I sold the house and bought this while she's not looking??
    Clark, I've got a Chihuahua and know where I can get some pink ribbon...trade??

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Clark, I think that the p/u truck out of Ohio with the "shop truck" lettering that carries a motor in the back has that "Blower" on the front of the motor that is in the bed of the truck. I think that Josh Shaw of one of the BSM guys is the owner of the truck.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

20. Clark

Clark

Sodbuster....it would be cool to haul around in the back of a truck on a motor! I'd have to sleep in the truck though. Something that valuable is a pain. I wanted to take it to Detroit and leave it in Larry's trunk to show off. Larry's trunk didn't lock so I didn't feel comfortable with it.

Bruce...tempting!! I'd look cute with a chihuahhua :)
    Clark

21. now being that my hamb name used to be curator and I kid everyone into thinking my garage is a musuem, well, you know where this is going! Cool piece. Speedy Bill or Jay Leno will probably be the proud owners!

22. I agree with that!!!!!!!! Static display just wouldn't be right,belly tank or dragster would be a much better home.:eek:

23. I have had one on/off my 331 Caddy since 76, works great, adapted 2 57 Carter AFBs to it. Only problem with it, keeping gear lube in the gear case, needs new seals again I think. Vac pulls it thru the seals. Good luck to whoever gets it!! Later, Dave

24. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

A little trivia, SCOT stands for Supercharger Company of Turin {Italy} had one on a 30 flathead coupe, 2-2's. Edelbrock heads etc. back in 61. Every time almost that you ran it out it tossed all 3 belts off