Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Leather Tanning Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danimal, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Anyone out here do any leather tanning? I have a friend who wants to have his hide tanned. He had the bariatric surgery and has lost about 150 pounds and is going to have a large chunk of his girth removed.

Kind of gross but he is trying to find out if he can keep it and if anyone will tan it for him.

I'm trying to get him to get a tattoo first so it could be a nice wall hanging!:eek:

2. i will ask my mom , she used to tan my hide alot when i was little. mike

3. I think Ed Gein wrote a book on the subject...

I just threw-up in my mouth a little....

JOE:cool:

4. Gruesome, that's all I can say. Gruesome.

5. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Genuine human leater seat inserts anyone? I gotta say this is one of the more gruesome images to enter my head. Today.

6. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Actually, he has an antique BMW that he was thinking about making a few things for. Maybe a set of gloves or a wallet even.

It is HIS it isn't like it is something he picked up at the necrophile flea market.

7. Kustomz

Kustomz

Might recommend a better use to him such as donating skin for burn victims.

8. 2manybillz

2manybillz

9. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

They used to take it for burn victims but unfortunately for insurance purposes it has to be considered 'diseased matter.' Because of that, burn centers cannot take it so all of these big hitters out there that are getting acres of flesh removed end up throwing it out due to regulations.

Just like the deer meat that isn't allowed to go to the soup kitchens from all of the automotive company testing grounds around here. My buddy is a Chrysler in Chelsea and they have to have several harvests a hear after a dude took out a deer with a Viper at about 130 mph and was airlifted out. They can't donate the meat because it isn't USDA!! We get a lot of jerky around here from that stuff.

And as far as your link goes, I saw that just before I read this. I would be interested in tanning some goat hides as well for interior use myself so if someone could recommend a good tanner, I'd appreciate it. Other than that, yeah, I'll let it die.

10. Well that's mildly f'ed up.

How about a nice leather handbag? Mother's Day will be here soon.

11. Check with Adolph Hitler----I understand some of his cronys had the market cornered on human skin lampshades about sixty-two or so years ago---

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That's one reason I never wanted a tattoo. I have a book of little Adolf's propoganda and stuff and saw that lampshade. After that I was TOTALLY grossed out.

13. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

PM me and I'll give you Moonmans phone number. He's a taxidermist and does his own hides. He got tired of hanging around here. TP