Register now to get rid of these ads!

races

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by sgtmcd42, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I can give you my input on Ark City. We took our car up there last year to do some testing. It was so rough my sun glasses fell off and wedged sideways in my helmet. By the end of the track my eyes were viberating so bad I couldnt tell where the end of the quarter was. I will never go back there.

2. Godzilla

Godzilla

That was kinda our experience last year when we took the gassers to the nostalgia race there late in the year....and where the hell is the return road??? I just did not want to make a unilateral decision to not book with them. That makes 2 against ? for going.

3. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

There's always Wichita. Track is reasonably smooth. Return road is supposed to get patched this year (danged gophers).

4. Godzilla

Godzilla

I have been emailing with Wayne Roberts at the Wichita track and he has offered to book us on October 7th during their Hot Rod Reunion. In addition to free entry he said we will get free track food.

Email me to register if you can commit to race there so Wayne will have an accurate head count and know how large a show to plan on. I would like to be able to send along a picture of your car with the registration...and crew...if possible.

We will be a combination show with us and the Central State Gassers...so it should be a real cool old time racing program. Please email me so I can send you a registration. Ron.

5. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Ron,

If you keep posting to this thread a certain individual is going to knock you down, piss in your face and make you write bad checks. LOL

Thanks for getting us places to run our cars...I certainly appreciate it. I don't care if we have to race at the Tooth Fairy Drags, it's still racing.

See you all at the starting line,

Ron [​IMG]

6. Godzilla

Godzilla

My goal is to get the little cars scheduled to run an even dozen race dates. This is an opportunity for ALL HAMB cars to run...so there will be some non-HAMB cars running too...big deal...get over it...its the best thing to grow the class.

The more we run our cars in front of the public...and pass out sets of rules...and tell guys about the HAMB...the more this is going to grow. How is that bad for us or the HAMB, car owners or racing in general? That is a rhetorical question...I am really not solisiting remarks from the peanut gallery.

If someone wants to do something constructive...instead of complaining...how about making a trifold brochure that racers can hand out in the pits. Something with the rules and guidance to the HAMB HA/GR pages. Something positive that will peak their interest. We have got to learn to play together.........

7. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

All the HA/GR guys from the Tulsa area and mabe the Ark guys are going to have a display at Starbirds. We will be passing out the rules,the trifold idea is good.

Hey,by the way hows you engine coming?

8. flatfooted

flatfooted

With races already booked at mo-kan and now with wayne roberts on oct 7 it sure does split the nostalgia racers in half .Kind of like building non spec cars and calling them something else. Raced at both meets last year and had a great time .Mr roberts and Mr blanton are class acts in my book. They are both very racer friendly . Hope somebody gets them on a working page for everybodys sake

9. Godzilla

Godzilla

Well...believe it or not...that little ole 235 is sitting in the garage right now. I am fabbing up a 3x2 intake for it and working on my second set of headers...I will have a short and long runner set to track-tune with.

I am anxious to see how it performs. It ought to be a terror on an 1/8 and maybe 1000 foot...but I don't know if it will spin fast enough to get thru the quarter. Well, I have another pumkin in the garage...I might have to build it up with a set of 390's and a mini-spool just in case.

I am looking forward to driving over and seeing you and the other guys... and the cars....at Starbird. I might try to hitch a ride with Sam and "Agent Orange." Lets hope for better weather this year.........

10. Godzilla

Godzilla

Nothing, I repeat...NOTHING is booked at Wichita. That date was offered so I posted it as I said I would. Nothing has been booked at Lawton, Topeka, Kansas City, Ardmore, Thunder Valley or ANYWHERE else, and won't be unless it is the will of the majority of racers to do so.

I am doing bookings for the Central States Gassers for 2007 right now. It is easy for me to include the dragsters at the same time. I will post the dates as they are offered...you tell me if you want to race on that date.

It sounds like the first race date offered conflicts with the plans that some of you have made to be at Mokan. I guess it is an acid test right off the bat. You need to decide where you want to race on October 7th. When you decide let me know and I will work with that.

I would like to offer a personal thought on "non spec cars and calling them something else." Everyone is welcome at the HAMB drags...right. It is about inclusion...right. The winner is not always the fastest car...right. So going fast is meaningless...right. Anything that promotes the HAMB in a good way is good for the HAMB...right. Attitudes and negative commentary do nothing to benefit the HAMB................

11. Godzilla

Godzilla

Ok, here goes....Wayne is willing to trade Sat. Oct 7th...for Sunday September 9th. This would be a week before one of the races at Tulsa. Please give me your input on what you want to do...change--- book Oct. 7th---or pass.

Wayne said that the track's schedule goes to the printer on Thursday...so he needs a decision right away. Ron.

12. bob hindman

bob hindman

SEPT. 9 IS GREAT....DAAAA HORNETS......HINEY......

13. Godzilla

Godzilla

From your feedback....here is what I have for a race schedule for 2007:

May 12th Tulsa
    June 8-10 Indy GG
    June 29th Tulsa
    June 30 Nitro Nationals - Tulsa
    July 28th Tulsa
    Aug. 24th Tulsa
    Aug 25th Hamb Drags
    Sept 9th Wichita
    Sept 15th Tulsa
    Oct 7th Mokan

Please send along additions or changes. I will send this to Terry Zimmerman in Lawton and see if he can add a couple dates.

14. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Looks like alot of good racing to me.Poor little flathead:)

15. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

16. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

Just my 2 cents, but why is there such a problem with an "organizer" giving people a place to race? It seems that when someone says that "So and So" group wants to put on a class for the diggers, people get all twisted. Why? If you can get 6 guys together and pay to rent a track for a day, good for you....but most guys on this board can't afford the 8-10K it takes to rent a track by themselves for a day....some of us are just trying to expand your opportunities and we are gettig pissed on.....makes no sense....we're not the NHRA!

17. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

....some of us are just trying to expand your opportunities and we are gettig pissed on.....makes no sense....we're not the NHRA![/quote]

Dude,
    I ( and most of the others) don't have a clue as to what you are so up set about.!!!!:confused: :confused: Have i missed a post or two??

Care to " carefully explain" ??

Understand this is the HA/GR builder forum, not the digger forum or the nhra forum , simply the " HA/GR builder forum.

18. Godzilla

Godzilla

I am sure glad it is getting warm enough to go race...now all I need is my car finished. Once we get the cars out and start making laps I think everything will work itself out. I just want to wish everyone a safe racing season...see ya on the starting line. Zilla.

19. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

....some of us are just trying to expand your opportunities and we are gettig pissed on.....makes no sense....we're not the NHRA![/quote]

Dude,
    I ( and most of the others) don't have a clue as to what you are so up set about.!!!! Have i missed a post or two??

Care to " carefully explain" ??

Understand this is the HA/GR builder forum, not the digger forum or the nhra forum , simply the " HA/GR builder forum.

At this point after read back a ways in this thread, I just figure we are wasting our time trying to help...so, not my problem....ya'all have fun.

20. Godzilla

Godzilla

I heard from Terry at the Lawton drag strip. He said that he was going to talk with Mike about a race date for us there. I didn't know what to tell him...are we still wanting to go down there and burn up the 1/8th...or not?

I need to get some feedback from you guys who would be willing to tow down there (post or PM me)...I am going down there because I really like the track and Terry is a great guy. I just want him to see one of these cars up close...I think he will really get into them.

If the consensus is to go I will ask him for some help finding a local sponsor for some trophys or $$$. Maybe we could do round money and race matched pairs based on qualifiying (gladiator style). Just a thought.

21. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Guys,

I'm confused! Would someone take it upon themself to compile a list of the confirmed race dates/locations (city & state) so everyone can schedule accordingly. I want to make as many races as possible but most of us need to work around wives/family/police/weather/etc.

Thanks, Ron