Register now to get rid of these ads!

Questions about races

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by flatfooted, Jan 1, 2007.

1. flatfooted

flatfooted

Why are the tulsa races being promoted on this site as ha/gr races.The rules for this class have been in place long enough to be followed.Allowing automatics makes this an outlaw race and should not be promoted here .I will give the hornets the nod because they were done before the rules were set in stone.The rest just were defiant.They didnt like it ,so they formed there own deal.They want index crap and went on .LET THEM GO . We built a car following the rules and the spirit.We drank way to much building this car but geez what a ball .As long time racers it was fun getting back to why we do this.Draw a line in sand and take a stand.Dont let this pure form of racing and fun be destroyed

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

As far I know, this site was created by Ryan for discussion of HA/GR's, running at the HAMB Drags.

3. Racerb

Racerb
    from Calif

We have been trying to fit some racing in to our shows this coming year but it looks like there is no way to work with some people. With out index or some sort of brackets how do you think it will be fair to anyone or interesting to fans in the stands? I feel real bad for the racers here that are trying to build something to run in the spirit of HAMB.
    Sorry guys I can't see anyway to fit you all in to the program If someone has the answer let me know off line if you want. [email protected]
    Butch
    www.anra.com

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

Racerb,
    I don't see that you ever did an intro. Who the hell are you and why should I give a shit if you're sorry?

Quote: "I feel real bad for the racers here that are trying to build something to run in the spirit of HAMB.
    Sorry guys I can't see anyway to fit you all in to the program".

????????????? That's the craziest damn thing I've read on here in a long time. I didn't help pioneer this class for the betterment of race promoters. Please don't post here if you promoting yourself or your own agenda.

5. plan9

plan9

butch... am i reading you corectly in that ANRA will not host a heads up Rail class? i was kinda hoping it would go through, but i also understand that people can be big cry babies..

what class would we be clumped into?

6. Godzilla

Godzilla

The way I read the posts about the Tulsa deal is that they ARE open to the HA/GR cars to run in. Bob made an invite "HERE" for anyone who is interested to participate....all they have to do is let him know.

I for one have been working on my car for the past two weeks to make it legal to run in the Tulsa deal. My car is not a HA/GR either, but that is another story.

I read the posts to say that anyone with a car and is interested in running should contact Bob and register so they can get a number. He is assigning numbers to help keep the cars straight when he awards points which is part of his payout program.

That is all I read in it. I know I only meant to mention the races in Lawton and TVRP as a way of informing the guys with the HA/GR cars that they may have another opportunity to race as a class...and maybe get free entry and food. If that pisses you off...don't come...but some of the other car owners might like to get a few more laps in.

7. Racerb

Racerb
    from Calif

Plan9
    Thats what I was asking how to run some races when Rand Man started running off at the mouth. Not sure just what his problem is. If he wants to know who I am and what I am up to all he has to do is ask. [email protected] I was not sure just how to make up a class to run where it would be fair to all racers I understand that there are fast cars and slow cars (that's racing) I just wanted to know how they plan on running them. In any race with 2 cars there will be one winner and one loser (again that's racing) I know of several racers on the west coast that is wanting to build a car and a couple that have already started them. But most are not sure just how we are going to class them and I don't know myself. As everyone that knows me I am a heads up racer and that's the way it should be but I also like to see good close racing so brackets may be the way to go.
    Butch

Now for Rand Man I don't know you and you don't know me and after your last post let's just keep it that way. He can take his little car and shove it. All I wanted to do was give every racer a place to race and a chance to have fun but be fair.
    I don't need his kind of crap so if anyone want's to come race with us just come to www.anra.com get on the message board with real racers and we will do all we can to get some races for you. I am out of here!

8. ThingyM

ThingyM

Randman: I think your fire off on Butch was totally uncalled for. Out here in Calif. he puts on races that the average family man can afford to go to, and bring his family along. He was just asking exactally how you were going to run your races at Tulsa or any where else.
    Yes he does have ANRA. And he does promote good fun and safe races. He WAS willing to promote HA/Gr races out here in California.for us guys out here who have or are building HAMBsters.But I think it just might have hit the shit box.I hope you guys over in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tenn, have fun with your HA/GRs. Ours will probably hit the big green dumpsters.. Too bad Huh??

9. plan9

plan9

nah, i say duke it out rather than trash the class ;)
    take it with a grain of salt and move on.

i will say this, Butch and the ANRA treated me very well when they let me work the bleach box a couple seasons ago. in my opinion there isnt much in the way of Joe Shmoe drag racing in California anymore, i appreciate their events and would like to participate rather than spectate.

we are on the west coast and a venue for a heads up rail class would be bitchin... i believe this is an appropriate place to discuss details and hammer out details.

10. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Wow! There is so many things I thought about saying here,but I'm keepen my mouth shut.
    I just want to go race and have a little fun whether I run slow cars,fast cars,heads up,brackets,autos or stick I dont give a shit.

11. flatfooted

flatfooted

Racerb nice post .If you are in charge of anra good luck.You took this as a personal post .It was not .You live in an area with 30 million people ,what you gonna have 10 million classes.Your way of thinking has already worked out so well .Shall we mention goodguys .Trying to please everyone does not work .I never said anything about not letting anybody race .Build until you are happy .All i said was leave this one alone.HA/GR rules are perfect.NO cubic inch limits any engine ,no make is left out .Think of the possibilities caddies buicks gmc chevies fords 4cyl 8cyl 12 cyl and may i say twinsare possible .This is a true hot rodders dream .You racerb could go to pomona or rose bowl swap meets and in any given weekend and walk out with some killer combinations.We wish we had your resources avaible back here.Insted you chose to cry .Whats the mater chip foose not put you on the list .You are a track operators nightmare.Instead of using your talents ,you want your own deal .There are some folks back here you can have .Rand man you have a nice car ,you could shove it my trailer any day .Even when you were tearing up stuff .you still always have answered questions with a positive attitude For that i thank you.So racerb my only point was .when you click on this site it says HA/GR live with it .Take your many .many classes and go to palmdale oh im sorry how about banning . mr mac thats not like you

12. Godzilla

Godzilla

I really have enjoyed reading the posts about the cars being built. It is cool to see what the guys out there are putting together. But I, for one, feel that the rest of the rhetoric is a total turn off and it has just about sucked the fun out of this deal for me.

I think I will just make my exit now and leave it to you all to bicker and banter about...and say good luck to you all as I leave, hopefully on a good note.

I have traded emails with some of you guys on this site and I would really like to hear from you from time to time. I will see you at the track for sure. CYA........................................................Zilla.

13. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

WOW ! How did this post get turned around so quick? I was really trying to be like some of the others and keep my mouth shut ,but so much for that thought!

First of all i consider myself a card carrying member of this forum because i have been building a car, a per the rules HA/GR car !

I am not running a automatic ( because the rules state you cant) , i am NOT running a vertex mag ( because the rules state you cant), I am NOT running slicks ( again because the rules say you cant). And so on and so on.

What is so hard about that ? The rules are simple ( the way they need to be).

Ryan good job on the rules.

I like many of the others dont feel the need for a index or classifications etc. Its pretty simple follow the rules and race against each other. At the end of the day the fastest guy was the fastest guy period, no real winners no real losers ( the cars were there and everybody has a blast) just one fastest guy for the event.
    You could even tell your budies you was the fast guy anyway if you want. :)

The HAMB drags at MoKan were a blast , every body just ran there cars fast or slow and the grin factor was amazing. We realy didnt even know who had the fastest car for a few weeks.

Looking forward to a fun year with the HA/GR cars !!!!!

14. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I agree 100%. I will probably have the slowest car there this year, but if I do not show up, that means someone else will have the slowest.:eek:
    I'm building mine to have fun with, per Ryan's rules, which I agree with 100%, or I would be doing something else.
    I have a friend of mine that I am trying to get to build one, but he can not agree with the rules. He wants to use a late model motor, slicks, auto tranny, so he can go fast. There is nothing wrong with this, it just does not fit the rules.

15. ThingyM

ThingyM

Guys. Out here in Cal. We are NOT trying to change ANY of your rules. The car i'm building will pass any inspection for the rules. As far as REJs car being the slowest. I'll hook on behind him so I can keep up.
    What Racerb was trying to figure out was how you were running your races. Just send ANY two cars down the track any time they wanted to. Did you draw straws or what?? No one wanted to get in a pissing contest with anyone. Racerb has an association called ANRA( American nostalgia racing assoc.) and we asked if we could run our HAMBsters at his events.Sure!! but how do they run their events?? Is that so bad that we have to be called Idiots, plus other choice names.
    I don't have to have a Hambster, But I thought it would be fun for me to drive(72yrs old). I already have a Race car that I run(Not drive) that I don't even want to attempt to take down the track. But the HA/GR type car, I would...What did Butch do or say that was so wrong?? Other than try to figure out how you were running your class..So we can do it out here the same way.. The intent was to Invite you guys out here to run your cars. But I guess you don't want to..My guess is, you guys want to run yours like you want and we'll run ours like we want...That my friends is a shame.

16. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

ThingyM, I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with anyone.
    Like I said, I built mine after attending the drags in 05. The guys that were running were having a blast. I used to drag race and had to quit as I was putting way too much money into it to be competitive.
    I probably will have $3000-3500 in my HA/GR when finished.
    As far as the way they were running in 05, it was run who you wanted to while "qualifying" and they put one in one staging lane and another in the other and ran them.
    If you have never been to the HAMB drags, you need to go at least once and you know what I'm talking about.
    The HAMB drags is running for the fun of it, there were guys out there with stock cars running their friends that were running modified cars.
    As far as me having the slowest car there this year, I'll almost bet on it. I will be running a stock 225 with two carbs and headers, untill I can get my "race" motor built.
    Like I said, most of us are doing this for the fun of it, and that is the way I am approaching this.

17. plan9

plan9

i dunno REJ, im going to be running a fairly stock flathead (for the first season at least)... since ThingyM is hooking onto you to keep up, mind if i hook onto him to keep up as well? haha ;)

funny, when you really read into the messages (not just skim them over) everyone is on the same page, we are out to have fun, nothing more nothing less.

iam building my rail to HA/GR specs, so win or lose im going to learn a lot and have some fun.

18. ThingyM

ThingyM

REJ That is the way we are building our cars, FOR THE FUN OF IT...I really don't need to add more expences to my racing budget. But for fun for me I will.
    You say I should go to a HA/GR race. WHERE?? We can't just jump in the truck and go to Oklahoma, or Kansas or somewhere to just watch a HAMB race. Thats why we were asking questions...
    You want to talk slow. Try a 230 cuIn plymouth flathead six. with a regroung cam, carbs and weed burner headers..Now tell me we aint doing this for the fun of it...

19. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Ask all the questions you want, I really want this thing to work.
    As far as watching a HAMB race, I flew out to Joplin in 05 to watch and this is what got me fired up on the HA/GR. Don't get me wrong, I'll never do it again. I will be racing the next time.:D
    Now I know I'll be the slowest car there with you and the other one tied on the back!!:eek:

20. plan9

plan9

thingy - official hamb races are at Mokan in Joplin Missouri.... ill get out there sometime in the future, but like you ive got another race car (dry lakes) in the works, it and my house payments are sucking down a good chunk of my income.

anyways, i believe Ryan is hosting a west coast hamb drags at an old strip in Arizona... a good 4-5hr drive from the los angeles area... it would be a blast if all of us went. im gonna let him tell us when and where rather than spread anymore rumors(?) about dates and locations.

21. ThingyM

ThingyM

Arizona is an easy putt. We are running over at speedworld there this year.(Phoenix). Thanks REJ And good luck on your lakester. My friend runs lakes all the time. 79 Firebird, Almost 200mph.

22. ThingyM

ThingyM

Sorry I ment to say Plan9

23. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

Plan 9...it's me again....JR. I was reading through this and I'm amazed at some of the attitudes on here.....what a f-ing shame. I mentioned to Ryan about the ANRA wanting to help build a class for the diggers out here, but now I'm wondering about that. If guys get this pissy about us wanting to help, why the hell would I want them around.....geezuz.

I hope we get some real racers bring out their Hamb'sters so we can have some fun....

24. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

Ok Mr. Mac
    Be the asshole you want to be

25. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

[quote="Doc" Parsons;1819272]Ok Mr. Mac
    Be the asshole you want to be[/quote]

Naw! I've got better things to do.